BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best and worst personality traits
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post May 15 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #1
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Inspired by a conversation I've just had with my best friend, impakt.

What qualities do you like and hate in someone you'd be friends, or maybe more, with? I know there are universal bad qualities that nobody likes or wants, and universal good qualities that everyone wants, but everyone has things that annoy or endear them more than anything else.

For me, I love people who you can just talk about the world with, like whether it's deep or random shit. I just love when you can talk to someone about absolutely anything effortlessly and not feel like you're being annoying or weird, it makes me feel the most comfortable with someone. By contrast, one of the most annoying things I can think of is when someone just talks about themselves or other people, like the sort of people who just judges everyone for no reason as if people don't have a right to do whatever they right (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else really). I mean I'll have a rant if someone is annoying me as some of you will know, but it's when people bring up people I don't know, or even worse when every conversation has to involve them, what they've done etc., I know that people like to relate to conversations but I mean when people tenuously link anything that you talk about to themselves. I find it hard to bond with people like that, you can't really have a proper good conversation!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 15 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

For the best I agree with that Liam! Someone who is open minded and you can just discuss anything with. I love it when someone is so friendly and I feel like I can open up to them about a lot of things as a result. Just people you can converse with and think 'wow, this person actually cares'. Loyalty is also a massive thing for me as well, and has been an interesting one since leaving Uni with older friends - as some have proven to be loyal while others not so much.

On the opposite end I cannot stand nastiness. Like, I'm not against negativity but just RUDENESS for the sake of it is so off-putting. Have never understood why people think being constantly nasty is a good look. So many of these people in school. Also not a fan of super judgemental/narrow minded people as well.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post May 15 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #3
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Great thread Liam! heart.gif

I totally agree with you on being able to talk to someone about literally anything, like with Lotti, we can go from talking about something really stupid to having a really serious and emotional conversation in the space of five minutes and because of that I can trust her with anything and I feel like there's nothing I can't talk to her about. I love really open-minded people, not just people that are accepting of others views but they also want to learn more about them and understand them more and people that aren't shy about talking about the things they love, being passionate about something shouldn't ever be something anyone feels they shouldn't express. It makes me smile so much to see someone go on about a show or band or song etc that they love, I like knowing what's special to them, no matter how small it is or the reason why they feel so strongly about it. Really imaginative people are great two, y'know the sort that will just randomly say something ridiculous that they'd love to do or see happen laugh.gif Honest people who aren't afraid to speak their mind, no matter how much backlash they may get for it are also amazing heart.gif

On the other hand, sticking to the theme of conversations with people, I can't stand one word responses, I understand they're unavoidable at times but like you're trying to make an attempt at having a conversation but you can't build on what the other person has said when it's just 'aw' or 'ikr', conversations over Facebook or text are especially bad for this laugh.gif I guess closeminded people as well irritate me, shutting someone down or not giving their opinions or thoughts a chance because they differ from your own isn't okay. I can't take arrogant people who think they're better than everyone for whatever reason and those that go out of their way to make issues occur just for the sake of it. I've gone on about how I like people who are opinionated but open minded etc but people who seem to be 'on the fence' about everything can get a bit much too, I don't care if you disagree with me, I want to know how you feel about certain things, there's a point where you can be over diplomatic. Those that do nothing but feel sorry for themselves and wallow in self-pity all the time aren't too great either kink.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post May 15 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I quite relate to the opening post. I've also seen Jade's just now and I can relate to that as well.

Being very open-minded myself, I like other open-minded people who you feel you can almost talk about anything with. I have a few people like that in my life. However, there are things I still hesitate to talk about sometimes even with them. I often run into situations where I'm unsure about whether I'm "allowed" to say something, like if it involves other people or something. Generally I feel guilty gossiping. Sometimes after I've done it I just feel terrible! Other people's business is none of mine so who am I to judge? I also don't like when my business is turned into gossip. I understand that it's an unavoidable part of life and I was literally thinking about this about two hours ago when I was going for a drive.

Sense of humour is also muchly appreciated. I like it when you can very naturally and easily bounce off other people. I guess I especially enjoy a sort of witty, "random" sense of humour in people.

I don't like it when people are overly judgmental or nitpicking about every single thing about what other people do or how things are, especially if it's about something small or maybe about a certain little quirk that a person has.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 15 2016, 04:35 PM
Post #5
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Also, this happened to my friend recently, but when people base their whole life on their relationship and are all cringey drama.gif Like everyone deserves to be happy but when someone's personality is totally changed and dampened just because of now being with someone, it's actually a real shame. I just don't see the need for people in public to be all cringey and overly romantic, it's worse if you know how cynical and negative he was before rotf.gif He's like totally different now, I guess this can extend to anybody who isn't themselves just because of other people.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post May 15 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #6
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

yasss not even just on a relationship level, people who change because of other people in general, I used to have a friend who did this so much. I guess it's their way of fitting in but people shouldn't feel like they need to change their whole persona to be accepted, that's a real shame to see happen as well.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post May 15 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #7
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Is it Lotti?

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 15 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Oh my god yes. Also not particularly on a relationship level but it used to frustrate me so much when people would change their personality based on who they talk to. Or were really nice to you when it's just the two of you but treat you like crap when with a certain group just to show off. I'd like to think this was mostly a school thing though, and that people have matured past this.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post May 15 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #9
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Best - People who are poliete, funny and can hold a conversation.

Worst - Those who are up themselves and are so annoying in the process. Like the type of people who only care about themselves.

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 15 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #10
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Worst thing is when someone comlains about a trait of their own but they go about advertising said trait at every oppertunity then wonder why people keep picking up on it.

I also hate people who morph into their BF/GF when they get one, to a point where it looks like they have no indipendent thoughts, as already brought up.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post May 15 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #11
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Being a bully is the worst.

+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post May 15 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #12
tempted by kings with the finest of things
Member No.: 21,231
   No Gallery Pics

Someone who doesn't take themselves to seriously is always a big plus for me. I get on well with people who can laugh at themselves, and laugh at all the stupid shit I do as well. But also someone who is loyal and makes you feel comfortable confiding in them, and who you can talk about anything with is another quality i love.

The one thing I cannot stand is people who are just hypocrites. Like people who are all for being part of the joke when it's about someone else, but complain and act like victims when it's their turn. I also hate stubbornness as well. When you have an argument with a friend, and they refuse to apologise or work things out, and instead you must take full responsibility, even if that isn't how things went down

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post May 15 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #13
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

Best: Caring, compassionate, willing to help out when able, attentive active listener

Worst: Passive-aggressive, habitually verbally berating someone with stuff from 20-30 years ago, people who continually berate others for opposing views political or otherwise....

+Quote Post
JSG
post May 15 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #14
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

Best for me is someone who is funny. Someone that Can make you laugh at any time. Also being Loyal means a lot.

As Harry Said, people that think they are better than everyone else are The worst.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post May 15 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #15
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

A sense of humour is always essential, and a good listener is something I can always appreciate. A good rant can make me feel better about any of my worries so it means the world if someone can listen to me when I have something on my mind, eternally grateful to a few here who have done this for me wub.gif

Bad qualities definitely include people who insist on bringing others down for no real reason, I don't get why anyone would want to be so nasty constantly and it grinds my gears really. People who hold grudges also annoy me. And those who think the world revolves around them.

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 15 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #16
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Something else that annoys me, hypocrites. People like that just need to go listen to Ironic by Alanis Morissette and sit down tbh.

+Quote Post
JSG
post May 15 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #17
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I actually second Reginas post on the Hypocrites are also The Worst. It's the most annoying thing to be called out for something by someone who thinks it is fine to do the exact same.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 15 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #18
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Best:
- Being able to get dragged somewhat and not get ur pantiesin a twist or get overly sensitive but instead drag me back even harder
- Just being able to let things go sometimes when it is needed
- Overall a fun personality, but have a serious side as well. Someone I can talk to

Worst:
- Hypocrisy: Aka calling people out for talking behind backs, whileyou do it urself as well. Or be overly nice in person but a snake behind backs. I mean I talk behind peoples back, but whatever is said behind ur back is said in your face in one way or another as well
- Cheating in ANY way.Whether that be in a relationship for the rush or to get back at someone, or to get ahead in something
- Being negative for the sakeof negative. As a Dutchmen it is my duty to complain alot but people need to be able to lighten up as well
- Oversharing. I don't need to know about ur private business, unless you are a very very close friend to me

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post May 15 2016, 08:55 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(*Tim @ May 15 2016, 10:51 PM) *
- Being negative for the sakeof negative. As a Dutchmen it is my duty to complain alot but people need to be able to lighten up as well

hear hear.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 15 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #20
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(Maurice @ May 15 2016, 08:55 PM) *
hear hear.

Bitch don't deny it, we love to complain about literally everything. From the weather in may till the ant that walks on our pavement

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 04:57 PM