BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are you competitive?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post May 24 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone's probably competitive to some degree or another, but do you see it as a significant trait in yourself? Does it affect the decisions you make? Does winning/losing influence your state of mind in a big way?

(Worldvision results soon kink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post May 24 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Yeah, I get competitive. I mean I'm not one of those people who get annoyed at losing. In fact I'd rather lose a lot than win a lot because winning all the time gets boring and I would feel awkward because everyone else is just like (oh not again! dry.gif ) laugh.gif

It's the fun in playing tbh funky.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 24 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I think I've touched on this before on the forum but I am really competitive about things and I hate this. I mean it can be a good thing 'cause a little healthy competition never hurt anyone, but I feel like I tend to set myself really high goals all the time so I'm often left quite disappointed. Like I feel like I always want to be the best at everything and this isn't really possible. I'm annoyingly perfectionist and love winning. It's usually more IRL stuff though, like I can handle not doing well in BJSC or something laugh.gif But I pushed myself to the point of not sleeping two days in a row last year when I had exams 'cause I was studying too hard (when I had an unconditional offer anyway) as I was adamant that I wanted to do really well. This probably isn't quite the same thing as competing but I just mean in general I always feel like I need to do really well in everything. I really hope that this can be something I can chill out about more in the future as it's always something I've struggled with.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post May 24 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #4
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Yes.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post May 24 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #5
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Yes 100%!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 24 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Yeah a bit, but nothing major laugh.gif Like it's always small things like a game of Singstar or me getting a lower grade than someone in an essay when I thought I aced it, that sort of thing. I don't get aggressive about it or anything, I do feel really annoyed inside and it is a bit irritating that I can be triggered into that by tiny things. I think it's just human nature to want to be the best and nothing is ever quite good enough laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post May 24 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think I'm that much of a competitive person, in relation to a lot of other people, but of COURSE winning does feel amazing and losing not so great. It's just that winning is usually not my main motivation in situations where it could well be, it's more like a bonus. I don't remember ever freaking out when I've lost at something, I'm able to easily brush it off. There are times where I'm dying to do well or win though (and will do my absolute best for that to happen), for example in BJSC, sometimes if I particularly believe that a certain entry of mine is one that might do well, I can't help but put a lot of mental energy into hoping that it will laugh.gif If not, I'll of course be disappointed, but I move on quite quickly. So it's more like a momentary thing really.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post May 24 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

yes.... i am.

if i feel i don't have a chance at winning a quiz or a game, i just won't enter it

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post May 24 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Enjoy winning quizzes, games and stuff but I'm not bothered either way if I don't win. If it's a big win I kinda get embarrassed about it, don't celebrate, don't rub it in, and stay modest. I feel more sorry for other people who lose than happy for me. I'm very odd....! laugh.gif

I'm genuinely mystified at how people can get all hyper-active about a ball going in the back of goal. My reaction is more "oh that was a good one" or "that's a shame".

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 24 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I have a competitive streak for sure. It's not too bad and doesn't tend to come out too often but it's certainly a big part of who I am. Inside a pool i'm ruthlessly competitive, made me pretty good and a very handy person to have about for relays. Otherwise it doesn't tend to appear much. I'm a very driven and ambitious person though and there's no doubt that there's a very strong undercurrent of competitiveness there. However when things don't go my way I'm so good at picking myself up, dusting myself off and getting straight back at it. I don't have time for sore losers and I make sure that I don't act like one.

I think a competitive streak is a positive thing, as long as it's channeled properly it does no harm.

+Quote Post
Colm
post May 24 2016, 09:27 PM
Post #11
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

Only when it comes to ten pin bowling and table quizzes.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 24 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #12
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Colm @ May 24 2016, 10:27 PM) *
Only when it comes to ten pin bowling and table quizzes.

Well quite, those are some of the things where it is most necessary to get competitive, bowling is probably one of the top things.

And other games and things. I can get very competitive if I want to be. To the extent that I try my hardest to win and if it's a game get really into it (with the caveat that I make sure there's a bit of a tongue-in-cheek vibe with stuff like opponent banter), but like Silas, if I don't, it doesn't matter too much to me, I move onto the next thing. Winning is the most amazing thing in the world and although I may sometimes play it down outwardly I'm always ecstatic inside.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post May 24 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #13
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Yes. Unreservedly so. I usually fail very hard at a lot of them though, much to the amusement of people around me.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post May 24 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #14
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think I'm that competitive at all, with some things I guess but it will be over really small silly things like a game of Words With Friends with Lotti kink.gif Even then it's not really about winning for me it's more about proving something to myself, I guess that can be applied to things at college etc as well, I don't really care about how other people do in comparison to myself, just as long as I did my best and felt the participation in whatever was worthwhile.

+Quote Post
Jacobauble
post May 24 2016, 10:50 PM
Post #15
Merry Christmas <3
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely, I'm very competitive. I don't 'mind' losing, or rather I get over it quickly but I prefer to win. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 25 2016, 04:42 AM
Post #16
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I'm only really competitive with myself, especially in school I always pushed myself to do well but at the same time had very lazy habits. I'm usually not competitive with others, in fact I'm more likely to want to lose so that someone else can win. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post May 25 2016, 07:19 AM
Post #17
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

I'd say yes when it comes to things like video games, card games, board games etc. with friends and family, I'd like to win or at least not be the person who comes last. Not in a school context though (at least post-primary school), I just couldn't be bothered with the effort or the revision to try and do better than others.

+Quote Post
PuppiesAre4Ever
post May 25 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #18
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

In plenty of cases, yes. Perhaps at certain times I don't mind but I was born a winner dammit

+Quote Post
liamk97
post May 25 2016, 12:40 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(ℒ𝓲𝓷⻤ @ May 24 2016, 11:39 PM) *
I don't think I'm that competitive at all

No, *I* am less competitive!!!!

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 25 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #20
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Riser @ May 25 2016, 05:42 AM) *
I'm only really competitive with myself, especially in school I always pushed myself to do well but at the same time had very lazy habits. I'm usually not competitive with others, in fact I'm more likely to want to lose so that someone else can win. tongue.gif

This is pretty much what I mean as well but I didn't know how to word it! I'm basically just unhealthily competitive with myself and push myself very hard to try and prove that I can do things. I do love to win less serious things too like bowling but am equally happy if someone else wins and they're happy about it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 09:08 AM