BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Marvel Cinematic Universe: Film Rate/Character Rank: RESULTS, Into the top 10 now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
post May 27 2016, 09:30 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Just starting to work out the results, will accept any last ones via PM if they come in time.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post May 27 2016, 09:56 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Here for Bucky slayage.

+Quote this post
post May 27 2016, 11:05 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
----Film Rate----

#13 Iron Man 2 // 5.03
Highest: DJHazey (9)
Lowest: Ultraviolence1989, Iz

Out first is easily the worst of the films in the rate. Iron Man 2, which suffered from a messy plot and weak villain. However, it was the first film to really get the Avengers story line going, as Black Widow and Nick Fury make their first prominent appearances in the series.

#12 The Incredible Hulk // 5.7
Highest: Joe (8)
Lowest: Jimmy Jam (-1)

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed this. I thought it was much better than the other Hulk movie. Even though the actual Hulk voice is the same actor, the fact we have Ed Norton instead of Mark Ruffalo is annoying, as its a huge continuity error in the MCU, really.

----Character Rank----

#38 // Jane Foster // Score 2
(2 Points from Kye)

Here we have Thor's love interest played by Natalie Portman. I've always enjoyed her roles in the Thor movies, but I hear she's not going to be part of Thor 3 sad.gif

#37 // Ultron // Score 3
(3 Points from Jonjo)

Next out is the main villain from Age of Ultron, Ultron himself, who I must say I've completely even

#34 // Thanos // Score 4
(4 Points from Jonjo)

Thanos has only really been teased so far, but is presumably going to be the villain that brings Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers together!

#34 // Vision // Score 4
(3 Points from Dj Hazy)

One of the most annoying characters in Civil War tbh. Stop being so controlling.

#34 // War Machine // Score 4
(4 Points from RobinJuanPersie)

I love a bit of Don Cheadle, but the depiction of War Machine is is very flat. I vaguely enjoyed him in Iron Man 3, but was totally outshone by just about every other character in Age of Ultron and Civil War

#33 // Darcy Lewis // Score 5
(3 Points from Kye)

Oops at the main female protagonist of the Thor movies being less below her assistant. Darcy is a lot of fun and injects a decent amount of comedy into the Thor films. Hopefully there's a way of including her in future films even without Jane Foster.

+Quote this post
Regina
post May 27 2016, 11:08 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Ed Norton >>>> Mark Ruffalo in terms of Bruce Banners.

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post May 27 2016, 11:22 AM
Post #5
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231
So glad those 2 movies are out first, thought they were dreadful.

Completely forgot about Darcy!!!! She would totes have been in my top 15, if not for Kat Dennings alone! Damn it

+Quote this post
jark
post May 27 2016, 02:22 PM
Post #6
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Darcy Lewis a better character than Thanos?

WTF is this?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 27 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Thanos is absolutely brilliant! He's had little screen time, but with that he's managed to become one of the most interesting and exciting villains. I'm really surprised I was the only one to score him any points. sad.gif Oh and Ultron was really menacing!

I also think the Hulk movie is under appreciated and is nowhere bear as bad as people like to think and make it out to be. Now, if the forst 'Thor' movie can go out next, that'd be grand.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 27 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Iron Man 2 is by far the worst, good to see that last. I like The Incredible Hulk but I wouldn't have had that much higher either!

I completely forgot all about Jane sad.gif She would have made my list had I remembered about her!

+Quote this post
kye
post May 29 2016, 01:21 AM
Post #9
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
I'm glad Iron Man 2 is at the bottom. It's watchable but compared to the others, it's trash.
Can't believe that I was the only one to vote for Jane. Natalie Portman alone is worth the points!

YAS Darcy, slay War Machine and Thanos laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post May 29 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Raining Shitter
I don't see how people are so miffed about Thanos being so low? We've hardly seen enough of him to make a proper judgement.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 29 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The fact we've seen so little of him, but remember who he is and what his name is etc... shows just how menacing he is with limited screen time. I'm really looking forward to seeing more and more of him. He's made an impact.

+Quote this post
post May 29 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Continuing this tomorrow everyone, sorry about the delay!

+Quote this post
post May 30 2016, 01:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
----Film Rate----

#11 Iron Man 3 // 6.2
Highest: DJHazey (9)
Lowest: Regina (0)

Of the Iron Man films I thought this was the best one, so I expected this to do at least a little better.

----Character Rank----

#31 // Red Skull // Score 6
(5 points from Severin)

The main villain from Captain America portrayed by Hugo Weaving, remembered by few. Severin being his biggest fan.

#30 // Drax The Destroyer // Score 6
(6 points from Jonjo)

Drax is the least popular guardian of the galaxy, with only Jonjo showing him any love sad.gif

#30 // Kingpin // Score 6
(6 points from Severin)

I don't watch Daredevil the TV show, but this is the only MCU Kingpin that I could find, hope I'm right with this one...Severin?

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post May 30 2016, 01:09 PM
Post #14
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231
Glad Iron Man 3 is out next, I found it almost as much of a let down as the second one. Should be interesting now, as all the movies I didn't like are out I think dance.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post May 30 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Ahhh poo! Completely disregarded the tv shows when it came to my character rank sad.gif fuuuuck!

+Quote this post
Regina
post May 30 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Raining Shitter
QUOTE(Jonjo @ May 29 2016, 07:10 PM) *
The fact we've seen so little of him, but remember who he is and what his name is etc... shows just how menacing he is with limited screen time. I'm really looking forward to seeing more and more of him. He's made an impact.

I've alwasy found him to be a bit...meh laugh.gif in the comics Ultron has always been a much more interesting villain.

+Quote this post
Severin
post May 30 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
QUOTE(Joe. @ May 30 2016, 02:00 PM) *
I don't watch Daredevil the TV show, but this is the only MCU Kingpin that I could find, hope I'm right with this one...Severin?

Yep. Played by the superb Vincent D'onofrio

+Quote this post
Nina West
post May 30 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #18
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Iron Man 2 = Actually don't mind this, find it quite good, sure it's nowhere near as great as the first one and is the weakest in the trilogy, but it's still a fun ride and plus the introduction of Black Widow was awesome.

The Incredible Hulk = My least fave of the MCU, but it's still a million times better than the other Hulk movie (which was a disgrace BTW). I did like Edward Norton's performance in this and bet he's kicking himself for not being part of the Avengers. I'd still say that this is pretty average for a Marvel movie.

Iron Man 3 = Pretty decent and personally I actually enjoyed the twist they did with Mandarin, I thought it was awesome and can't believe such a fuss was kicked up about it. It doesn't matter to me if they follow the comics or not (to a certain extent), just as long as they make a decent movie, and I liked this one, Robert Downey Jr is perfect in this role and can't imagine anyone else as Iron Man, and this one takes a different turn to the other 'IM' movies, and liked the change of direction for this.

Reckon 'Thor - Dark World' will drop next.

+Quote this post
post Jun 1 2016, 08:31 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
----Film Rate----

#10 Thor: The Dark World // 7.37
Highest: Joe (9.5)
Lowest: Froot (2)

Easily the most underrated here, this would be just outside my top 5. It's really well written, full of fun, twists and turns and Loki is absolutely fantastic in it, in fact of the 3 MCU films Loki appears in, this is his best.

----Character Rank----

#28 // Hank Pym // Score 7
(7 points from Iz)

Hank is great guys, no I didn't vote for him but I am very glad Iz recognised him here, he's the heart and soul behind Ant-Man, which all in all is one of the more focused of the MCU films. Hank sets off Ant-Man and as of the end of the film, has given Wasp the get go. He has great comic timing and an interesting and emotional backstory and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in the upcoming Ant Man & The Wasp.

#28 // Jemma Simmons // Score 7
(7 points from Froot)

Simmons is a lead character from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., she's a biochemist who specializes in life sciences (both human and alien).

#27 // Black Panther // Score 8
(6 points from Iz)

Black Panther is the first of two major Marvel characters to have been introduced in Civil War. While his suit, claws and fighting style was slick and exciting, as a character there's a little more subtlety, I think he's going to take a little more getting to know, than the more in-your-face Spider-Man who's still to come. You only have until 2018 to wait...

#24 // Quicksilver // Score 11
(6 points from Jimmy Jam)

Here we have Wanda's brother. Quicksilver was somewhat hyped as a new member of the Avengers for Age of Ultron, but unfortunately met his untimely death in the same film. I didn't care too much, as I found him a little too hollow, much like Wanda (at that point). And Evan Peters' portrayal of Quicksilver in X-Men has been so much better.

#24 // Hope van Dyne / Wasp // Score 11
(11 points from Jimmy Jam)

We have yet to see any of Wasp in her costume, it's only just been revealed to her (see picture) but LOST's Evangeline Lilly, did a great job building on Hope van Dyne's character, ready for Ant Man and The Wasp. Seeing as she's half the title character now, I hope we get to see her in the next Avengers film, too.

#24 // Sharon Carter / Agent 13 // Score 11
(7 points from Ultraviolence1989)

#JusticeForAgent13 She was great in Winter Soilder, and I really loved her in Civil War, even though she was only really in the first half. But I hope we get to see more of her, though there's no more Captain America films in the works, I'm sure she'll turn up somewhere.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 1 2016, 10:05 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Despite being a major part of the Cap comics, I'm kinda sad we don't see a lot of Sharon sad.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:50 AM