BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thread Anxiety, Are you scared to start new threads?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
CodySleighBell-y
post Jun 1 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #1
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Kinda like the "Are you scared to post?" thread but with making threads

When you start a new thread with a topic you're intrigued about, do you ever feel some sort of anxiety about how it will go? Like sometimes do you stop and think about whether or not it will be met with a bunch of adversity and chaos or light, fluffy happiness? Do you sometimes regret the threads you make because they sounded smarter in your head than on the web?

Like sometimes I start a thread and think it's the best work I've ever done but then five seconds later it seems all cringey to me, and then I get scared thinking people would jump at me. I guess it just depends on how much confidence you have when it comes to these things.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 1 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Yeah sometimes. I often make threads and no one else replies and I'm just like "ok then" tongue.gif

Also I might be unsure on whether or not it would suite having its own thread or just in a post in the month thread. I'm not as bad with creating threads as replying to them, I don't make many threads these days anyway though.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
Post #3
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I kinda get 'New thread Aniexty'. I am so unsure whether my thread ideas will be well received or not. So I barely post threads oops.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I used to be terrified to do this but i'm now long over it. I've made tonnes of threads, some of which have led to good discussion others have disappeared without a trace but on the whole i'd say it's largely a good feeling to start one just to see what others think of it. Even if only 2 people reply, more than likely it's got a lot of other people interested or thinking so post numbers in a thread really don't matter.

If people jump on you for starting a thread, you're clearly doing something right because only the best topics have lambasters - you don't get to the top without a few naysayers/a thread with no negative opinions on a discussion forum is probably too safe anyway. (Poo thread for thread of the year btw)

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 1 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jun 1 2016, 06:30 PM) *
If people jump on you for starting a thread, you're clearly doing something right because only the best topics have lambasters - you don't get to the top without a few naysayers/a thread with no negative opinions on a discussion forum is probably too safe anyway. (Poo thread for thread of the year btw)

absolutely! Positive or negative, it's still a discussion-creating thread cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jun 1 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I am far more confident at making threads now than before. I do feel a bit awks if I get no replies within about 10 minutes but then just tell myself that it will take off at some point. And all my threads have generated responses so the initial nerves about it have always been silly in retrospect. I also like to instil confidence in other people's threads which is why I try to reply to as many as possible if I have something worthwhile to contribute. For example, I noticed that the 'I'm an idiot' thread had 0 replies and thought there was potential there so I thought I'd contribute something, and I'm so glad it then took off as there were some hilarious replies.

If there's some discussion to be generated from something then go for it.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jun 1 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #7
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I struggle to think of topics for threads, most of them have been done laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 1 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #8
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

That doesn't stop anyone else here kink.gif

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jun 1 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not necessarily scared to start new threads, it's just I often struggle to think of something worthwhile (that hasn't been done a gazillion times) to do so about, as I want to make it count.

Although my last thread about Primal Astrology I thought would get no replies and it was a bit of a hit, so I should be more impulsive like that!

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jun 1 2016, 06:01 PM

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jun 1 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Interesting idea Cody, it's good to see you start a thread too actually!

As you may have noticed, I've created a shitload of threads, some more successful than others. When creating one, I'm not so much worried about how many replies it will get (I do love it when they get at least four pages or so), but even I, being the experienced thread creator that I am, still get extremely anxious about creating topics. It takes me a good while just to click the button to create it and there have been thread ideas I have abandoned too, even when the opening post has already been constructed. I'm trying to get over this. It's just that moment when you first create it that's a little scary, but seeing the discussion get going is actually extremely rewarding.

I'm not too sure why it's a little scary, I think partly because I've created so many and at times I've gone over the top with it and there have been comments, understandably, about that, so ideally I'd like to be a bit more balanced about it. I just get so many ideas for topics so at times I can't help creating loads of threads that I find potentially intriguing.

I do have a thread idea that I wanted to do today specifically, so look out for that heehee.gif It has nothing to do with your favourite things in the sky, the sea, the forest or anything like that, I can tell you that much!

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jun 1 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #11
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Haha, I like the concept of this!

I'm not scared to start threads however I'm not often inclined to either. I know what people mean though, I got all sad.gif when I posted in the fashion thread the other day and really wanted to talk about fashion with someone, like literally anyone, but nobody was interested so I had to stay fashion conversation free.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 1 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jun 1 2016, 06:39 PM) *
I struggle to think of topics for threads, most of them have been done laugh.gif

This is a rather interesting post, I must say.

Well, it's very similar to real life really. If you've been friends with someone for years you probably talk with them about a lot of stuff, but new things happen all the time that you could talk about, such as world events, personal events, etc. I think I want to add something else in this reply but I can't put my finger on it atm

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 1 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #13
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Pfft, nope. I used to but if the thought enters my head that I should make a topic for something I will do so. Even if they don't get much, and several of mine have gotten very few replies. It's nothing to be scared of really, after all, if there's no thread starters there is no conversation, although I certainly understand the apprehension and worry that people will criticise the existence of the thread (and by extension you) rather than talking about the topic you brought up, that used to be my main worry back at the start of my forum life.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jun 1 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I've created about 5 topics in 10 years and I can't honestly say that I spent a whole night procrastinating about starting any of them. I just cba most of the time.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 1 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #15
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Not really, I don't often start threads but if I do I really like the feeling when you open something to discuss and people come together and discuss and make the thread good *.*

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jun 2 2016, 02:36 AM
Post #16
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I've been nervous about starting threads in the past, but not recently. My own fault for not making threads aside from mod duties! I've had thread ideas in mind but usually think of them when I'm not logged in, and by the time I'm done catching up on old threads I cba typing up a new thread because effort. So lately it's been genuine laziness rather than anxiety. This might be a wake up call for me to snap out of that.

When I was making new threads I was more nervous about getting little or no response at all, rather than backlash. I'm generally careful enough to avoid anything remotely controversial.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 06:49 PM