BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIDS, do you want them? etc.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jun 1 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Today is International Children's Day so I thought it appropriate to create this topic. How do you get on with children? Can you see yourself having them one day or are you already a parent? Does the adoption process seem overly complicated? etc. Discuss x

Does anyone else feel awkward when small kids you don't know stare at you in stores? laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 1 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #2
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Kids are the spawns of the devil. Despite that I want 2 of them myself later laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jun 1 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

in general kids can be annoying, especially at work when they mess up the displays or throw tantrums when they can't have balloons, however my cousins (who are all quite a lot younger than me) all are really cute and like me which is always a bonus

I couldn't even think about children for several years yet laugh.gif career first cheer.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 1 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jun 1 2016, 08:44 PM) *
Today is International Children's Day so I thought it appropriate to create this topic. How do you get on with children? Can you see yourself having them one day or are you already a parent? Does the adoption process seem overly complicated? etc. Discuss x

Does anyone else feel awkward when small kids you don't know stare at you in stores? laugh.gif

omg staring kids drama.gif it's not their fault though of course, they're only young happy.gif

The very young ones I just feel so awkward around laugh.gif I think this is the case for most people. If it's just me and a baby in the same room and they suddenly start crying I feel like shit even though I haven't done anything. Also they make so much noise usually but once they get to about 6 I'm quite fine with them. I also seem to get along well with my brother's friends who are about 8-14 or so which is kl. Having kids on the other hand isn't something I really think about. I can barely look after myself and the responsibility on top of the stress that most people get is something I'll find very difficult to deal with. The base idea does seem lovely though. I don't know, it would depend on financial circumstances as well and I would need support on someone experienced like my mum tongue.gif maybe my social situation will be different in 10 years time who knows.

This post has been edited by PVRISPVDVM: Jun 1 2016, 07:51 PM

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Jun 1 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

The idea of marriage (in the next 10-15 years at least) is wholly unappealing to me in the first place so kids are pretty much out of the question. I'm really good with kids however, and more than anything I'm ready to settle into my "gay uncle who shows up unexpectedly twice a year to spoil his nieces/nephews" role now that my sister's married and trying to get pregnant.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jun 1 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #6
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Yeah I want at least two kids when I'm older, can definitely see myself having them one day wub.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jun 1 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I agree with the 'in general kids are annoying' view. laugh.gif

Not really something I'm thinking about at 18 despite quite a few people in my year having babies. Career first indeed.

I do want to get married but kids is not something I'm even going to think about until years and years into the future. I'm sure the Brade house of the future will be more kittens than kids.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 1 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #8
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

kids are so annoying in general - even when I was one I found them annoying.

right now I definitely can't see myself having kids in at least the next 15-20 years. it's a huge responsibility and I'd only have one if i got married and she was really keen on having.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jun 1 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #9
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I do want kids yes in the future

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jun 1 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #10
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

I do not like kids at all (aside from the ones I'm blood related to, and even them annoy me sometimes) and I'm already fairly certain in my desire to be child free for the rest of my existence.

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 1 2016, 08:55 PM) *
I do want to get married but kids is not something I'm even going to think about until years and years into the future. I'm sure the Brade house of the future will be more kittens than kids.

Cats and Bre's menagerie of birds don't strike me as a combination that work very well together.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jun 1 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #11
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

The only time I hate kids (read: up to age 11) is on public transport or an aeroplane when they won't shut up and make me want to lose the will to live, I'm not particularly good with kids, but then the only day to day scenario where I'm involved in them when I give them a smile when one looks my way (My upcoming teaching course is for the post 16 sector, so no kids there).

I would like kids, not for at least the next ten-fifteen years though. Want to actually live first~

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jun 1 2016, 08:19 PM

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Jun 1 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

It's not something I've ever really thought about much and hasn't particularly interested me personally plus it feels all sorts of alien to me probably cause I'm way too immature for that stage of life but I guess if the right girl comes and really wants one then who am I to deny her that right? and if I do when I'm like 35 or something then maybe just one kid I dunno. I can't handle loads eek.

Anyway like Chez I wanna live my life being a young adult and have a career in something till that's even in discussion. Marriage appeals to me more than kids personally!

This post has been edited by RobS: Jun 1 2016, 08:47 PM

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jun 1 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #13
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

This is a simple enough question, but one which, for me, has a complex answer.

I DO want children, but for a number of reasons (some of which a few of you already know) I've basically ended up being a father to my 2 youngest sisters for the best part of the last 10 years anyway. So a big part of me feels like I've already DONE THAT and if I did have children, I wouldn't want it to be any time soon. The constant being needed for SOMETHING, anything aspect of it is actually quite tiring. It's obviously very rewarding too, but yeah, it's made me 100% firm on not wanting them for at least 10 years or so. Mid 30's seems about the right time, because I should have everything sorted by then in my life. I definitely wouldn't want them until I own my own place/have a stable job/etc.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Jun 1 2016, 09:22 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I would love to have kids sometime in the near future. Since my nephew is born I really like the idea being a father myself but till that time I'm just gonna be a good uncle.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 1 2016, 09:41 PM
Post #15
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'd love to have kids. The hard part is finding a woman that I love who loves me too with whom to make beautiful, musically-inclined babies with.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 1 2016, 10:55 PM
Post #16
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Yeah like many of you, not for several more years yet. I think I'd have to meet the right girl to have them with as a precondition as well. I'm not too enthused about having any more than one. It just seems so tiring and so I would have to be switched round to fully wanting one before I did.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jun 1 2016, 11:53 PM
Post #17
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

No we should kill all kids.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jun 2 2016, 12:33 AM
Post #18
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

I'm almost done with my 20's now, been in a relationship for over 12 years and I don't want kids. Ever. My partner feels the same too. But I know if I go to the Drs they'll tell me I'm too young to know that, like I can't make my own decisions for my life that I've got to live with 🙄
I don't hate kids, I just don't want to be a mother. It bothers me that some people have a problem with that or that people think it's weird or there's something wrong with me.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jun 2 2016, 12:40 AM
Post #19
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Member No.: 67

0/10

Would not recommend to a friend.

+Quote Post
Jacobauble
post Jun 2 2016, 01:18 AM
Post #20
Merry Christmas <3
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I definitely would one day, but there's the whole "finding the right girl/ getting married" thing first and I have no idea when that'll happen. Absolutely life changing so it's not something that I'm keen to rush into, at least not for the next 5+ years, and if anything that's a low estimation.

No more than 2 or 3 as well, preferably 2. 4 is the point where it would start to get manic, based on observation from past experience.

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Jun 2 2016, 01:20 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 10:44 PM