Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Podcasts
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Jun 3 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #1
On This Day in P!nk History...
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 590

I've only just really discovered podcasts ohmy.gif

Hooked on listening to them now so I thought I'd create a thread where people can recommend podcasts they enjoy.

The ones I mostly listen to are 'Stuff you should know'...really interesting podcast where two guys talk about a wide range of topics, from cannibalism to gossip, Star Wars to Guide Dogs.

I've also been listening to Unexplained which is where a guy talks about unexplained events across the world and throughout history to modern day. And also 'True murder' which is where someone interviews an author who has wrote a book about true and shocking murders.

I've got a few others that I've saved but not listened to yet, mostly with the theme of true crime, horror or knowledgey things biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jun 3 2016, 03:41 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

The only podcasts I've ever listened to were some of the R1 chart show ones back when it was Reggie hosting. Maybe something I should look into more. ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
post Jun 3 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

The best podcast out there is Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo's Film Review podcast. Good reviews of film, plus the banter between the two of them is hilarious. Plus there's lots of running jokes there if you listen on a regular basis ie Hello to Jason Issacs, battenberg, generic fruit based device etc.
+Quote Post
post Jun 3 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #4
the human form of the 💯 emoji
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,969
   No Gallery Pics

I did used to listen to Wittertainment but it's just too long nowadays. I need podcasts that are 50 minutes or less, because that's my journey to work and that's the only time I can really listen (I've tried listening to them at home but I get distracted too easily).

Best podcast out there atm for me is You Must Remember This..., which is all about stories from Classic Hollywood. They're doing a season on the blacklist and it's really interesting - previously they did one on the Manson family and it was so compulsive. If you're into cinema, I definitely recommend it.

I also love The Allusionist, which is all about etymology (usually 20mins or less), and Lore, which tells creepy folklore tales from history (30 mins or less).

There's a couple of others (I Was There Too, where the host speaks to film extras/bit part players from famous movies; Switched on Pop, analysing pop songs) that I've listened to an ep and been impressed by, but need to listen to more to really recommend.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2016 - 07:39 PM