BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lounge Quiz 4 - Pointless RESULTS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 10 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #1
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Results thread!

Now, I was originally going to start these at 7 this evening and I'm basically all ready for that, however I failed to take into account that there is football happening on one side of things, and while that normally wouldn't stop me given Buzzjack's demographics, there's also an UP listen for people who've taken part in that planned and I'm wondering if it'd be a little too much multitasking and if people would prefer it if I delayed results to either later this evening (like, 10pm-ish) or tomorrow.

If you have a stake one way or the other, say your preference and I'll just go with majority rule.

(whatever happens I'll still accept late answers until I post up question 1)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jun 10 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'm not going to be watching football and perfectly happy to keep up with this alongside UP!

This post has been edited by princess_lotti: Jun 10 2016, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jun 10 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #3
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Very difficult round and here to flop in it cool2.gif The final question has to be the question in all of these quizzes EVER that I have spent most time googling about drama.gif

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jun 10 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #4
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

I can keep up with this, Up and my shows.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jun 10 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #5
feminist icon

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jun 10 2016, 06:47 PM) *
Very difficult round and here to flop in it cool2.gif The final question has to be the question in all of these quizzes EVER that I have spent most time googling about drama.gif

omg YES laugh.gif I was randomly ctrl Fing from one wiki list to the other :')

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 10 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #6
don't lose your way

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jun 10 2016, 06:48 PM) *

That question turned out to be quite interesting kink.gif Best till last I guess.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jun 10 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #7
feminist icon

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jun 10 2016, 06:49 PM) *
That question turned out to be quite interesting kink.gif Best till last I guess.

oh god laugh.gif i'm still sticking by what I said in the previous thread, just aiming to get them all right unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post Jun 10 2016, 05:57 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I've flopped in this one, even worse than the FF round with the Olympics in it.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jun 10 2016, 05:57 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I am being a lad tonight and watching the football hic.gif so I won't be here after 8, but it would be nice to have results to come back to and read after!

This was quite hard and I probably took one too many risks with a few questions, but if they pay off (and I get through it without being incorrect kink.gif), then I'm hopeful. I personally loved the questions, however challenging they were to google.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 10 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #10
don't lose your way

So thank you all for participating in this and giving me 35 answers to tally up, I had hoped I would get plenty of answers as many of my questions ended up having quite the wide net of answers to choose from.

I've heard through the grapevine this was quite a hard round, something that surprised me in all honesty when people started saying it as I tried my best to make this an accessible set of questions that everyone should be able to get AN answer to most of them by just thinking a bit, even if it would be a horribly obvious answer, and a few after a quick Google, a balance.

Thinking about it though, what might have been the case that made it seem hard to some was that I was also deliberately trying to have a number of questions where an easily found Google or Wikipedia list showing all the answers was not available, so you all had a tough time on the search for a lot of answers. Particularly #6 and #7 but also #1, #8 and #3 to an extent. You see, the questions which do give a complete Wiki list are where Pointless is at its most random, you have to guess where people will go based on how the list is arranged (which is my strategy) but itís not a foolproof one. Basically for these, the obscure answers wouldnít be listed in the same easy place that the obvious answers were so if you knew an obscure one, youíd have an advantage for once, I thought that was important. Additionally, the questions that did get a list werenít the most obvious of subjects either. But, hey ho, I hope you enjoyed the (unintentional on my part while making it) challenge.

For my own part, I chose answers to the questions that cut as close as I could to my Fate/Zero theme. In a loose sense, to try and outweigh the advantage I had from knowing these topics. That was necessary anyway to choose answers quickly before anyone got them in as I normally take ages overthinking before sending mine.

Iíll also say that Iíve had to be quite pedantic and there are quite a few wrong answers. Some might say I enjoy being pedantic a little too much, but I was wincing when people gave wrong answers. Iíll explain my reasoning for all of them thoroughly in the results commentaries. Donít get too discouraged early though, thereís also plenty of people who got everything right and several Pointlesses to hand out.

Letís get this show on the road (shortly).

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 10 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #11
Ooga Boo
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,572

This round was stupidly and needlessly hard, not bothered how I do tbh.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jun 10 2016, 06:02 PM
Post #12
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

I'll be in the room during the football but I won't be watching the football so interested to see how I did with this. Was shooting in the dark for more of these than usual I think.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jun 10 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #13
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I am also watching the football and Big Brother so will try and be here at the same time!

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jun 10 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #14
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Not expecting to do well, but would like to see if any of my answers are right laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jun 10 2016, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jun 10 2016, 06:49 PM) *

...and I swear to Holy Mother BJ, if after all that searching I get it WRONG I will not be a happy haus mellow.gif drama.gif pirate.gif

+Quote Post
Atonement
Post #16
Girl, put in work.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

Oops I didn't enter because I thought it was too hard and I don't like googling 9 out of 10 questions, not realizing that many others felt the same!

+Quote Post
RobBob
post Jun 10 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #17
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

Thought I might have survived this without making a mistake but I'm pretty sure I have now *cries* ready2flop

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
Post #18
Hang in when the world counts you out and youíre gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Regina @ Jun 10 2016, 07:01 PM) *
This round was stupidly and needlessly hard, not bothered how I do tbh.

Well sometimes it's good to face a challenge, no? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
Post #19
don't lose your way

Saber – King Arthur (Artoria)

Name one of the Knights of King Arthur's Round Table

King Arthur (2)
Iz, Rooney, Ultraviolence1989

Sir Bedivere (1)
HausOfKubrick, Ryan.

Sir Bors The Younger (de Ganis) (1)
Dircadirca, Sarah

Sir Gaheris (1)
danG, Joe.

Sir Gawain (4)
Robot, Jade, n4yr, LexC, Noahspike

Geraint (POINTLESS)
Froot

Sir Kay (3)
Dobbo, Jacob Alan, Mack, Josh.

Sir Lancelot (4)
Taylor Jago, HarryEzra, Regina, JSG, Jahq

Sir Lamorak (3)
Jimmy Jam, RobinJuanPersie, Cameron, Emily Haines

Leondegrance (POINTLESS)
Riser

Sir Pelleas (POINTLESS)
Spun

Sir Percival (POINTLESS)
Bre

Sir Sagramore (POINTLESS)
Qween

Sir Tristan (1)
Princess Lotti, Dangerous Cody

Ywain The bast*rd (POINTLESS)
Chez Wombat

A pretty easy question to start us off, easy for Pointless and probably for this round, because there are so many Knights that are listed as being part of Arthur’s Round Table at one point or another in the varying legends about him, I’ve seen numbers as high as 150 when looking up stats for this. If there had been an easy category to whittle them down to the more recognisable knights I’d have done that but there isn’t really an objective one. So I’ve just taken any knight that I can find a source (like Wiki, heh) that says he’s been sitting around the Round Table at some point as correct. Which means everyone was correct. I wouldn’t get used to this generosity. kink.gif

A King Arthur question was vital to my theme though, known as Saber, she (long story) is the main historical character in Fate, and in non-anime worlds I grew up reading the legends a lot, lots of great stories in there. AND he’s connected with Cornwall and my identity as British as I think I said in the thread I created about him, so yeah, excellent hero. On to the answers.

That’s why I chose King Arthur himself, as King of Knights, he is a member of the Round Table, but that was quite an obvious loophole so it’s not quite pointless. A couple of less obvious loopholes go to Riser with Leondegrance, the original owner of the table, Froot with Geraint, a popular Welsh legendary character only made an Arthurian knight in a couple of stories and Chez with Ywain The bast*rd, a character who shares a name with his half-brother, also a Knight of the Round Table. Lotti and Cody went for a truly Cornish knight in Sir Tristan. And generally a whole host of pointlesses for nearly every more obscure knight that got answered, there were plenty to choose from.

Lots of people went with Arthur’s right-hand man Lancelot, as they did with the much more obscure Lamorak for… less obvious reasons. Gawain, Arthur’s nephew and Kay, his seneschal, were also pretty popular here and in the legend. Two people went for Bedivere, the last person to see Arthur alive before he sailed off to Avalon.

Famous knights no one went for include Galahad, the one who ascended to heaven on finding the Grail and Mordred, the traitor who eventually fatally wounded Arthur at the battle of Camlann.

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post Jun 10 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Q10 was the ridiculous one for me too, I think I just gave up in the end & picked out a random name from the page I was viewing laugh.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 10:42 PM