Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Classic Cinema 1990-1999, Notable Films
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Jun 13 2016, 10:12 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,742
   No Gallery Pics

The truth is that I have already watched many movies from this decade. However, I will post a review for every "new" movie because there are plenty of them. My first movie is "In the Mouth of Madness".

"In the Mouth of Madness" is a horror film that was released in America in February 1995. The film was directed by one of the greatest horror creators, John Carpenter, and the script is written by Michael de Luca. I knew the title, but I did not know anything about the plot of this movie. Although its title speaks for itself about the content of the film, it is an interesting way.
The central character of the story is John Trent, who works as a private insurance investigator. When the famous horror book author, Sutter Kane, literally disappears from the face of the earth, the publisher who represents him will ask John Trent to search for him as fast as he can. However, this will not be easy for Trent, since he will end up in an East Coast city, named Hobbes End, and whatever he will experience, are from Kane’s last novel. Meanwhile, fans of Kane's books are starting to go crazy and the case of his disappearance taking other dimensions. "In the Mouth of Madness" reminded me of the stories of my favorite author, Stephen King. Incidentally, there was a reference of his name during the course of the film. However, the writer Michael de Luca was influenced by the novels of another famous author of horror, H. P. Lovecraft. "In the Mouth of Madness" was well-directed, it had elaborate editing and amazing makeup. Sam Neil was the perfect choice for the lead role and the interpretations of the other actors were quite nice. Of course, I cannot forget the fact that all the scenes showing the extras were simply tragic and sloppy. It was a reminiscent of bad b-movies of the 80s and the director had to have noticed this. However, I believe that the well-written script of de Luca was the strongest point of the film, since this story manages to confuse the viewer to a very large degree. As incredible as it sounds. The protagonist oscillates between sanity and madness and the events overturn every time.
"In the Mouth of Madness" is a pretty good horror film of the 90s. Do not expect to be scared with what you see, but at least the film maintains a good atmosphere of mystery from beginning to end. It has been loved by many fans of this genre and many consider it as the best film work from Carpenter. Yet it failed to gather many viewers in cinemas and it had a disappointing course at Box Office. It barely exceeded its budget. Too bad, however, because the exact opposite thing happens in meaningless and stupid films of our time such as Paranormal Activity. "In the Mouth of Madness" is a good film proposal for all those who are looking for something more in horror movies.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2016 - 06:45 PM