Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spotlight: Happily, the best song ever? or just a temporary fix?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Jun 14 2016, 12:41 PM
Post #1
long hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Welcome to a series of threads shining the spotlight on some 1D album tracks and non-singles, ready for your scrutiny. We're starting with HAPPILY, what do you think of it 2 and a half years on?

This has always been my non-single highlight of Midnight Memories, it still sounds great now actually! Think it could've made a good third single instead of Midnight Memories maybe.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post Jun 15 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #2
tempted by kings with the finest of things
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,231
   No Gallery Pics

Love Happily. Definitely in my top 5 or 6 from the album. I think I'd put it behind Little White Lies in terms of my favourite album track, but it would be next. DEFINITELY could have heard it as a single, and think it would have gone down a lot better than Midnight Memories did
+Quote Post
post Jun 15 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I love the song but it really got to shine when performed live during the WWA Tour.
+Quote Post
post Jun 15 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #4
There you go, you're like fireworks...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Yes I do really like this one, found it a real highlight on the 'MM' album, but don't think that it would have made a good single choice, yes it is miles better than the adequate title track, but I still think that 'Diana' was the biggest missed opportunity on this album. I do think though that if they'd gone with this on an outside chance, then it would have done miles better than 'Midnight Memories'.

So many fantastic tracks on that album (apart from the singles) = 'Diana', 'Don't Forget Where We Belong', 'Strong', 'Right Now', 'Little White Lies' & 'Happily' of course.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 01:46 PM