BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> life issues forum, life issues
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Jun 19 2016, 08:34 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

hi.

so i've been thinking about a new forum idea, a forum for "life issues"

i've been watching the lounge closely (and of course starting my own topics), and i think the lounge can be split.

at the top you have fun quizzes, and lounge games, and then underneath you have topics about depression, my amazon topic, etc- wouldn't it be better to keep the quizzes and games in the lounge (fun, easy social topics), then topics like depression in the life issues section (topics that affect all of us and need to be discussed, but are not so light)

your thoughts?

This post has been edited by bipolar angel: Jun 19 2016, 08:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 19 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

This is actually not a bad idea. I mean, the lounge is such a big forum and there's so many different types of threads. It would be cool to have the different types arranged like that.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 19 2016, 09:31 PM
Post #3
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Or instead of a 'life issues' forum we could have a 'fun, games and quizzes' forum, and then the serious topics would still go in the lounge?

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 19 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #4
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

We don't really get an abundance of "life issues" to warrant a whole forum IMO.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Jun 20 2016, 12:24 AM
Post #5
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I do think having some sort of divide is a good idea actually! I'm not sure it should be in the way of having a 'life issues' forum though, I think having a sub forum in the lounge for quizzes would be a good idea, run it like the spin off section in the bjsc forum etc. The quizzes and games go on very regularly and people are always submitting ideas so it would be active. Maybe a subforum for advice and personal issues and such would work too but tbh I think the majority of us feel comfortable enough talking about our problems or asking for advice in the existing threads or even in the monthly off topic one unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 20 2016, 01:00 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

It's a nice idea but I actually think forums need merging rather than separating. I'd like to see the News and Politics and Lounge forums merged as there is too much of a blurred line between what goes where. Most news events usually end up in the Lounge when I assume they shouldn't and News and Politics usually just gets used for a few politics discussions. They could easily be moved into the Lounge as well and it means one of the most inactive forums on the site could be removed and also bring the political discussions to a wider audience - but there is a referendum discussion in the Lounge too once again showing those blurred boundaries.

So while this is a nice idea, I fear it would end up too much like News and Politics right now with blurred boundaries and ultimately not enough activity.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 20 2016, 01:46 AM
Post #7
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(danG @ Jun 19 2016, 10:31 PM) *
Or instead of a 'life issues' forum we could have a 'fun, games and quizzes' forum, and then the serious topics would still go in the lounge?

Yes this is a good idea, a quizzes sub forum much like Teams is currently. biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jun 20 2016, 02:00 AM) *
It's a nice idea but I actually think forums need merging rather than separating. I'd like to see the News and Politics and Lounge forums merged as there is too much of a blurred line between what goes where. Most news events usually end up in the Lounge when I assume they shouldn't and News and Politics usually just gets used for a few politics discussions. They could easily be moved into the Lounge as well and it means one of the most inactive forums on the site could be removed and also bring the political discussions to a wider audience - but there is a referendum discussion in the Lounge too once again showing those blurred boundaries.

So while this is a nice idea, I fear it would end up too much like News and Politics right now with blurred boundaries and ultimately not enough activity.

This is a good point. There was discussion a few weeks ago about it not always being clear what news threads go where, I think currently the more general news threads are more suited for the lounge that a wider audience would/should be aware of, leaving the more political discussion that perhaps the general public would have less interest in in the news forum. I do agree that having the two forums as one would be a neat idea though. To summarise, the lounge could have 3 sub forums for Teams, quizzes and news, leaving the usual rest of the off topic discussion in the main part of the lounge. I'm not sure if the proposed quizzes sub forum could contain not just the "official" quizzes ie the ones contributing to the leaderboard that go through the mod checks but also the independent ones, it's all just ideas and speculation anyway. I just love having things organised haha kink.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jun 20 2016, 04:30 AM
Post #8
King of nothing at all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

The Lounge gets a lot of traffic, and I think most threads currently in the Lounge would get less views and replies if they were put in a subforum...so I'm not in favor of any such change.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jun 20 2016, 08:03 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ℒ𝓲𝓷⻤ @ Jun 20 2016, 01:24 AM) *
I do think having some sort of divide is a good idea actually! I'm not sure it should be in the way of having a 'life issues' forum though, I think having a sub forum in the lounge for quizzes would be a good idea, run it like the spin off section in the bjsc forum etc. The quizzes and games go on very regularly and people are always submitting ideas so it would be active. Maybe a subforum for advice and personal issues and such would work too but tbh I think the majority of us feel comfortable enough talking about our problems or asking for advice in the existing threads or even in the monthly off topic one unsure.gif

not a bad idea!

not sure i can think of any forum site without a fun and games (quizzes) section

i like it

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jun 20 2016, 08:09 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Jun 19 2016, 10:35 PM) *
We don't really get an abundance of "life issues" to warrant a whole forum IMO.

that's true, but then maybe that's because we don't have a section for it, and people arn't sure if you can talk about it or not

it's like- we don't have an individual forum for discussing compilation albums, but if we did, their'd be loads of discussion about it- their are loads of albums out their that are compilations.

the only reason their isn't now (well their's the now thread), is because people don't know- it's like.. oh i've seen forums for individual artists, but not forums for compilations. do you get what i'm trying to say?

i think part of the reason the lounge is so popular is it's name.. " the lounge"

people think, right.. well it's called the lounge, so easy laidback topics- loads of stuff you can post in here, here we go

just some random thoughts

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 20 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #11
Ooga Boo

If there was demand for these kind of threads/forums then they would have been made or this subject brought up, the fact that there hasn't suggests that it's not really
a priority or viable thing to do.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jun 20 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Jun 20 2016, 01:11 PM) *
If there was demand for these kind of threads/forums then they would have been made or this subject brought up, the fact that there hasn't suggests that it's not really
a priority or viable thing to do.

i disagree

you just need to look at all the replies to this thread.. we need a forum for quizzes, a subforum is a great idea, etc etc

yes their was like 2 people who didn't agree with the idea, but it's coming back to my point about knowing and speaking your mind

if i didn't post this, would it have been mentioned?

now i have, people think.. oh, actually, yes, i do agree with you on some asspects of what you are saying

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 20 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #13
Ooga Boo

If we had subforums for every little thing then the whole point of having The Lounge is lost.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jun 21 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Jun 20 2016, 10:48 PM) *
If we had subforums for every little thing then the whole point of having The Lounge is lost.

we don't need subforums for everything.

the best reply in this thread was keeping the quizzes and the light stuff in the lounge, and then have another forum for the heavier topics, but topics that still need to be discussed

that's creating just 1 extra forum

the lounge is meant to be fun and light. not used for heavy topics

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 21 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #15
Ooga Boo

its for off topic chat not just fun things.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jun 25 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I don't see a need for a split. The Lounge gets very busy and therefore everything is best found in there. Having quizzes mixed in with life issue threads keeps things light as well as giving people the chance to discuss serious issues. It might be a nice idea to split the Lounge but it isn't necessary at all.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 25 2016, 10:14 PM
Post #17
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jun 19 2016, 09:00 PM) *

Agreed. I think the more we merge the more we get people invested in the community as well, which I think is the main reason we have been a prominent community for over a decade.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 03:27 AM