BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> thursday, a storm is coming..
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Jun 23 2016, 07:48 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

hi all!. how is everyone doing?

wow at last night's weather!. woken at 4 in the morning by terrible rain and thunder, and it shows no sign of stopping (it's stopped for a bit now, but we're meant to get another storm type thing this afternoon)

today going round in my head is the soundtrack to the lion guard. well, the main theme song and also zuka zama (both annoying!). they are good songs on the show, but when you keep hearing the songs going round in your head... yeah we've all had it with 1 song or another

well going to eat breakfast (sausages as usual)

update my computer's anti virus (got the message last night)

pay bills (boring job, but i'm the only 1 here so gotta be done)

have another doctor's appointment at half 12,

then coming home (before i get caught in the storm). watch my dvd of the Revenant (i actually had a copy, but it was all in french). this one is better though so can watch it

watch russel howard recorded from last night

find something nice for dinner

and that will be it

oh, well actually no.. it's double emmerdale tonight- and no euro2016 getting in the way, so will deffenetly make the most of watching that

not bothering with the EU coverage.. it will be all over the news tomorrow- so will just read about it then

great thing about the daily mirror.. they email you twice a day keeping you totally updated- once in the morning and once in the afternoon

have a good day all
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jun 23 2016, 07:54 AM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

going to be voting today (I hope this is part of everybody's plan for the day!!! ((except of course if you are not 18 and/or do not like in the UK)) then heading off to work! should be a quietish day today although I expect a lot of people will be out and about to vote etc

will spend the evening nervously watching the news

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jun 23 2016, 08:07 AM
Post #3
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Will be voting on my way to the cinema to see Independence Day !

Got to be looking at booking a GP appointment this evening, have some tests that need doing which I'm not looking forward to but they're for the good of my health and then it should be an early night ready for a 5:30am shift tomorrow.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jun 23 2016, 08:14 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

forgot to mention.

no daily threads over the weekend- i'm leaving it to who's ever in charge of the weekend plans thread

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jun 23 2016, 08:28 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

Going up to London to vote (as I didn't re-register to my new address in time laugh.gif) and using the day out as an opportunity to catch up with friends. Also need to pay in a cheque.

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Jun 23 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #6
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jun 23 2016, 08:54 AM) *
going to be voting today (I hope this is part of everybody's plan for the day!!! ((except of course if you are not 18 and/or do not like in the UK)) then heading off to work! should be a quietish day today although I expect a lot of people will be out and about to vote etc

will spend the evening nervously watching the news

Which would probably be a waste of time, as the result isn't likely to be known until early tomorrow...

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 23 2016, 09:06 AM
Post #7
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Going around the town and on some beaches, then probably catching up on threads/doing whatever contests/rates and my iTunes library needs some more songs added after me distracting myself last night laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 23 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #8
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I'll be voting at lunchtime, y'all better vote too

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 23 2016, 09:42 AM
Post #9
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Got to get a train before I can vote. But I'll be doing everything in my power to make it.

I have an all-nighter planned for this, as nerve-wracking as it'll be the soothing voice of Dimbleby should help calm me.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jun 23 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Been stressing so much about getting work experience over the summer (mandatory for my Uni course) as i've been applying to places since May and still don't know what i'm doing. Some of the places were really competitive like the BBC work experience scheme so not too surprised about not getting stuff like that. Have until late September to arrange something but want to get it out of the way before i go on holiday. Might have something but they're being unbelievably slow with replying, soooo today is all about contacting more companies over the phone in the hope that i can secure something. Been putting this off a bit but i am determined to get this done today.

Aside from that, EU Referendum day so i shall be voting for the first time a bit later on! Was still 17 during the General Election voting last year.

Very serious sounding day laugh.gif will slot in some chill-out time in between and make myself something nice to eat so that not all is super serious. <3

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 23 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #11
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I've gone to vote, now need to make sure my uni room is spotless before I leave tomorrow, will be quite sad to leave but I'm here by myself at this point so it has got a bit boring equally laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jun 23 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I'm voting but via a proxy so I don't have to worry about queueing at the polling station.

Standard work day for me 9-5:30ish. Finishing off a few things which is good and there's a couple of things on the horizon that could be great. I'm potentially looking at having to requalify in order to get recognition from work that I'm a qualified accountant which I'm really unamused with. At this point it's not even about the money, I moved here so that id be recognised for the hard work I put into becoming qualified. I have a great qualification, it's on par with what they are suggesting I requalify as and I'm really rather hesitant about it. I don't want to do more exams and have to go through the signature process again. It's disappointing. I'll probably have a wee moan this weekend with my parents and then suck it up and do as HR command. Gonna do a Rory Gilmore pros and cons list I reckon.

Tonight will be fairly uneventful. Have some laundry to do and I need to clean for my parents coming down. As I'm working tomorrow, I might treat myself to my favourite film tonight instead of watching it after I wake up on my birthday (tomorrow)

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 23 2016, 02:30 PM
Post #13
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

well there was quite literally no queue at my local polling station! quick and easy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jun 23 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #14
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 23 2016, 02:37 PM) *
Been stressing so much about getting work experience over the summer (mandatory for my Uni course) as i've been applying to places since May and still don't know what i'm doing. Some of the places were really competitive like the BBC work experience scheme so not too surprised about not getting stuff like that. Have until late September to arrange something but want to get it out of the way before i go on holiday. Might have something but they're being unbelievably slow with replying, soooo today is all about contacting more companies over the phone in the hope that i can secure something. Been putting this off a bit but i am determined to get this done today.

Aside from that, EU Referendum day so i shall be voting for the first time a bit later on! Was still 17 during the General Election voting last year.

Very serious sounding day laugh.gif will slot in some chill-out time in between and make myself something nice to eat so that not all is super serious. <3

get mcdonalds

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jun 23 2016, 02:35 PM
Post #15
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(Devan @ Jun 23 2016, 03:32 PM) *
get mcdonalds

Tempted tbh

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jun 23 2016, 02:35 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 23 2016, 02:37 PM) *

Are you doing journalism, or have I got that wrong? My local paper could certainly benefit from employing someone on work experience. You'd be a good deal better than some of their current staff laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 23 2016, 03:28 PM
Post #17
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Voted to keep my EU citizenship, the first time that I've voted in somewhere other than Exeter, and I still haven't experienced polling station queueing either. I think that's normally because I tend to vote earlier on in the day though, it's mostly for people on more normal work schedules.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jun 23 2016, 03:29 PM
Post #18
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jun 23 2016, 09:50 AM) *
Which would probably be a waste of time, as the result isn't likely to be known until early tomorrow...

i'll probably be up most of the night!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jun 23 2016, 04:00 PM
Post #19
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jun 23 2016, 03:35 PM) *
Are you doing journalism, or have I got that wrong? My local paper could certainly benefit from employing someone on work experience. You'd be a good deal better than some of their current staff laugh.gif

I am indeed a journalism student! Oh gosh at that laugh.gif My local paper sadly stopped offering work experience last year.

+Quote Post
❄The Snow.
post Jun 23 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #20
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

No storms in Belfast, lovely and calm (apart from the welcome storm of NI and ROI getting through to the knockout stages of Euro 2016) smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 02:20 AM