BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greece · Eurovision Song Contest 2017, Demy - This Is Love
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Jun 27 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
*******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 23,699
Member No.: 12,608
Joined: 23-December 10
   No Gallery Pics
 



Greece

Demy - This Is Love

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 27 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
*******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 23,699
Member No.: 12,608
Joined: 23-December 10
   No Gallery Pics
 


Okay, it may only be June but Greece - one of the most quiet countries last year - are dishing out rumours left, right and centre. Greece's national broadcaster were "devastated" by their first DNQ and have claimed that the person in charge last year will "never have anything to do with choosing the Greek Eurovision entry ever again".

ERT have reportedly already approached Demy, one of the most popular female Greek singers and are also reportedly reaching out to the Greek dream team of Dimitris Kontopoulos and Fokas Evaggelinos to write and stage her entry, most recently well known of being involved with Russia's entry this year.

Seems like a match made in heaven and I'm pleasantly surprised Greece are actually going for success despite their financial situation. (9 months later we end up with Argo 2.0... - I did warm to Argo in the end though!)

Full details at Wiwibloggs!

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jun 27 2016, 06:02 PM
Post #3
alt er love
*******
Group: Entertainment Mod
Posts: 25,914
Member No.: 8,674
Joined: 15-April 09
 


QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jun 27 2016, 06:45 PM) *
Greece's national broadcaster were "devastated" by their first DNQ and have claimed that the person in charge last year will "never have anything to do with choosing the Greek Eurovision entry ever again".


Broadcaster goals laugh.gif!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 27 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
*******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 23,699
Member No.: 12,608
Joined: 23-December 10
   No Gallery Pics
 


Denmark need to do the same with whoever keeps putting boybands in their national final!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pippa
post Jun 29 2016, 01:35 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
******
Group: Artist Mod
Posts: 6,661
Member No.: 14,031
Joined: 11-June 11
   No Gallery Pics
 


I compliment Greece to the DNQ as they dont want it to happen again. For some countries and Greece been a great example can give them a kick up the back side in what they send to Eurovision.

I know many people have the same issue with Denmark, while i have liked their entries ( this year included) i can see the points are valid.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Oct 7 2016, 01:38 PM
Post #6
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 10,922
Member No.: 11,955
Joined: 4-October 10
 


HELENA FUCKING PAPARIZOU WANTS TO DO IT
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Oct 7 2016, 02:21 PM
Post #7
alt er love
*******
Group: Entertainment Mod
Posts: 25,914
Member No.: 8,674
Joined: 15-April 09
 


Well SOMEONE is needed to get Greece back on track after the past two awful entries so YES!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Umi
post Oct 7 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #8
le compromis n'est qu'un synonyme d'échec
******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 12,741
Member No.: 14,659
Joined: 17-August 11
   No Gallery Pics
 


Nooooo. I love Helena but I really don't want another Ira and countries turning to former winners/generally successful contestants in desperate times never works out.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jan 13 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #9
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 10,922
Member No.: 11,955
Joined: 4-October 10
 


It's been reported today that Demy has been internally selected to represent Greece with a national final to choose her song for Kyiv.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 13 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #10
unofficially fabulous
******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 11,804
Member No.: 5,342
Joined: 29-January 08
 


And that's been confirmed! All three songs will also be penned by Dimitris Kontopoulos and Fokas Evangelinos (aka the people who wrote the Russian song last year).

Greece pretty much officially BACK IN BUSINESS!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Jan 29 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #11
a.k.a. Marina XCX
******
Group: Members
Posts: 7,990
Member No.: 8,335
Joined: 20-February 09
 


Demy is AMAZING. The only other Greek singer I follow, other than Helena Paparizou.

If you're not familiar:




and her cover of last year's 'If Love Was a Crime'
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pippa
post Jan 31 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
******
Group: Artist Mod
Posts: 6,661
Member No.: 14,031
Joined: 11-June 11
   No Gallery Pics
 


After a few dull years it looks like Greece are going for it this year. Without hearing the songs i have excitement for them already.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Feb 15 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #13
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 10,922
Member No.: 11,955
Joined: 4-October 10
 


The national final to select Demy's entry is set for 6th March. There won't be any live performances, just the three music videos which Demy is shooting soon in Odessa. Dimitris Kontopoulos ('You Are The Only One' producer) has composed and produced all 3 songs which have been described as 'a radio friendly pop-rock ballad' 'an American style ballad' and 'a song that starts as a ballad then evolves into a dance banger'.

70% of the result will come from televoting and the remaining 30% from the juries, who will be made up of people from the Greek diaspora from all over Europe and not music industry professionals.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Mar 6 2017, 01:36 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
*******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 23,699
Member No.: 12,608
Joined: 23-December 10
   No Gallery Pics
 


Don't really need this one as Adam says all you need to know above, but just so the set is complete! And this is my final one for the 2017 season as I'll be coming back from Sweden when the rest of the finals happen, Adam will be guiding you through them on Friday/Saturday.

TONIGHT'S NATIONAL FINAL...
GREECE



Song Selection Final


6th March 2017
Begins at 8pm in the UK, 9pm Central European Time and 10pm in Greece.
The show is scheduled to last 2 hours.

Watch the selection via the official ERT webcast.


The participants
Demy - Angels
Demy - This Is Love
Demy - When The Morning Comes Around

Voting format
70% of the result will come from televoting and the remaining 30% from a public jury which will consist of people from the Greek diaspora from all over Europe rather than music industry professionals. These diaspora members will reportedly be from Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Georgia, Germany, Italy and Ukraine.

The favourites to win
The songs won't be revealed until the show itself although a demo version of 'This Is Love' was leaked a few days ago, receiving mixed reactions from Eurovision fans. I personally thought it was FAB!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Mar 6 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
*******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 23,699
Member No.: 12,608
Joined: 23-December 10
   No Gallery Pics
 


One hour in and no songs yet! *.*

It has meant I can watch the soaps and not miss anything cheer.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Mar 6 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #16
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 10,922
Member No.: 11,955
Joined: 4-October 10
 


All the songs are average, very disappointed sad.gif

Utopian Land >
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Mar 6 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #17
alt er love
*******
Group: Entertainment Mod
Posts: 25,914
Member No.: 8,674
Joined: 15-April 09
 


QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Mar 6 2017, 09:23 PM) *
Utopian Land >


GOD HELP US if this is anywhere near being accurate :/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Mar 6 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
*******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 23,699
Member No.: 12,608
Joined: 23-December 10
   No Gallery Pics
 


This Is Love rightfully wins:

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Lorderella
post Mar 6 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #19
broadcast the boom boom boom boom
********
Group: Entertainment Mod
Posts: 70,348
Member No.: 4,397
Joined: 25-September 07
 


Melodifestivalen 5th placer teas
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 6 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #20
THE BLAZE *.*
******
Group: Moderator
Posts: 18,007
Member No.: 18,061
Joined: 27-December 12
 


This is reminding me of 'Icebreaker' in terms of the clunky transition. I know it is meant to 'build' but I feel her vocals are too soft in the 'banger' of a chrous.

will probably love this next month though lmao
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post


2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 06:30 AM