BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are you good at making decisions?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 2 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

"A good decision may lead to a bad outcome (but usually it leads to a good one)" - someone said something along the lines of this to me recently lol

So I thought I'd ask about making decisions and how well you are usually able to handle it. Both big ones and small ones. Are you one of those people who drives your friends nuts because you stand in a store for ages trying to pick out that one perfect item when they have already picked out five things? Or are you more careless and tend towards making decisions you regret later?

If you're a student - was it easy for you to choose what/where to study or was it more difficult? Or the same with a job. Do you find yourself asking for a lot of guidance or reading up on something a lot before coming to a decision? etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 2 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Ugh.

I just make sure I give myself enough time to think about them and weigh out the pros and cons of whatever possible outcomes that might happen. At least of it turns out I've made the wrong one I at least can say that I gave it to some extent some thought. :shrug:

Id say something about 50% of my decisions made are good ones. Maybe 60 leaning towards. It gets better as I go older I think kink.gif

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jul 2 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #3
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I usually make a good decision. As for University I did make the right call as I didnt want to move far far away from home biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 2 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Maybe.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jul 2 2016, 07:23 PM
Post #5
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I'm awful with decisions as I will put them off for as long as possible but usually I go with what my gut instinct was in the first place and usually that is the right thing! Deferring my entry to uni for a year was a big big decision I made last September which some might see as 'the wrong decision' but there must be an infinite list of things I would've missed out on otherwise if I had stayed!

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 2 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

For me I think it depends on the nature of the decision I have to make. If it's something like buying technology or anything like that, I kinda do just enough research that leads me to finding something I feel at the time is a good fit, but sometimes afterwards I think back and wonder if maybe some more research would have been a good idea, and occasionally I may feel like I may have purchased the "wrong" item. I do tend to go with my gut though.

Bigger decisions about the future and things like that often pose a challenge for me and sometimes other people have to offer advice.

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Jul 2 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #7
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I'm characteristically hesitant when making decisions but recently, maybe not so much in the past, I've made some good decisions. Contributing to this site is one of them as it's really given me something to do to take my mind of things. nice

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 2 2016, 08:42 PM
Post #8
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I am notoriously indecisive! laugh.gif Basically I struggle with everything from cars to BJSC entries. I can't even decide what to eat half the time, and I've had to learn to pick "both" whenever possible just to save me from thinking too long. I put off doing things like buying clothes and upgrading my phone because of how much time I'd spend in the store. Picking where to go for grad school and which program to take was also really hard but I definitely made the right choice.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jul 2 2016, 09:01 PM
Post #9
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I waste so much time in supermarkets / card shops / clothes shops umm'ing and err'ing

Don't even get me started on dessert menus, a complete nightmare

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jul 2 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #10
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Yes, make the decision and move on laugh.gif I don't believe in problems biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Jul 2 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #11
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I think I'm good at being decisive when it comes to big things, I've always known what I wanted to do career wise really so I never went through the process of deciding between two paths etc. I didn't have much choice in terms of where I did my course though, there aren't that many courses in Scotland that do Graphic Design at degree level and I was looking for a course where I could do that plus Illustration and Photography and I think only two unis did that. I did get rejected from the five universities I picked (don't judge me pls art courses are so hard to get into and my folio was a piece of shit in hindsight because nobody guided me with what to put in it laugh.gif)... I think I may have even got rejected from a 6th 'extra' choice too ooops. Anyway my backup was to just do an HND and then see about going to uni from there, I got accepted into all of the ones I applied to but the place I actually chose is a college and a university in one and it was my ideal course, it's basically the university course except you get a certificate after two years en route laugh.gif It really was a bit of a no brainer for me, my parents didn't think it was the best idea because I had to move away from home but that actually added to the appeal a bit :')

I can be extremely in-decisive though, it depends on what it is but if it's something I can overthink about then I'm most likely going to end up doing that. I'm fine ordering food etc but buying things, especially gifts for people I'm awful. I think telling people stuff too, I go over the whole "do I or don't I?" in my head, even with small things. I'm really bad when it comes to making plans, I hate being the one that decides what we do laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jul 2 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #12
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I'm pretty good at making decisions for the most part, I've learnt to go with my gut over the years. Having said that, I struggle mainly with picking what sweet I would like in Tesco lol. More decisive over the important decisions than the little stuff, which is probably a good way to be I guess!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 2 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #13
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Basically me:

Deciding what to eat - I'm notoriously shite at making decisions.

Serious life decisions - Make mind up instantly.

Honestly. I'm so quick to make my mind up about serious things it's unreal. I fall back on my gut instinct and very luckily for me it's yet to let me down. Really should probably start putting thought into big life choices, but on the other hand if it ain't broke...

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Jul 3 2016, 08:14 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

No. I couldn't even decide whether to post in this thread or not.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jul 3 2016, 08:46 AM
Post #15
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

In short, yes.

I like to think I'm logical and level headed at most times so I'm a very good decision maker. It sometimes tips into arrogance and pigheadednes though, but I suppose that's a slightly different thing.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 3 2016, 09:17 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ℒ𝓲𝓷⻤ @ Jul 2 2016, 10:12 PM) *
I think telling people stuff too, I go over the whole "do I or don't I?" in my head, even with small things.

Yeah I'm probably the same with this sometimes so this is a good point. I can't think of many examples right now, but I'd say I've often been unsure about whether it would be fine to say something or not laugh.gif And then sometimes things might slip out that I later feel weird about saying etc.

QUOTE(Qween @ Jul 3 2016, 09:46 AM) *
It sometimes tips into arrogance and pigheadednes though, but I suppose that's a slightly different thing.

Next thread idea tbh heehee.gif "Are you arrogant and pigheaded?"

(nah)

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 3 2016, 09:36 AM
Post #17
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jul 3 2016, 10:17 AM) *
Yeah I'm probably the same with this sometimes so this is a good point. I can't think of many examples right now, but I'd say I've often been unsure about whether it would be fine to say something or not laugh.gif And then sometimes things might slip out that I later feel weird about saying etc.

Same drama.gif ugh there's never an easy option is there *sigh*

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 3 2016, 02:53 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I'd love to say I'm this excellent logical decision maker who is ultra confident and never struggles with anything but I can't oops~

I am notoriously shit at making decisions laugh.gif It's the little things like what shirt to buy that I struggle with most tbh but I'm equally as bad at the big things.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 3 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #19
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I'm not that bad if it's a big life thing, like I decided my degree subject with minimal fuss, decided my uni choices with minimal fuss etc. But if it's a silly day to day thing like what to have from the takeaway, what dessert to order or which of two shirts to buy for the weekend, I can take ages and makea fuss laugh.gif Especially with food because it's very probable that I'll want whatever someone else has more than mine and it'll be the "wrong" decision laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jul 3 2016, 03:18 PM
Post #20
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

No.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 05:53 PM