BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could you ever forgive your mother's murderer?, FORGIVENESS~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Could you ever forgive your mother's murderer?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
HausAlone
post Jul 6 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

There's an advert on TV and on there this really thought-provoking question comes up: "could you ever forgive your mother's murderer?". I have been debating it with myself ever since but I'm interested to know what you guys think! I'm aware it's a sensitive topic so apologies in advance. Could you ever forgive the person who murdered your mother? :/

Away from that how good are you at forgiving and potentially forgetting? Is there anything you could never forgive, or do you have any stories of forgiveness? Vote in the poll and discuss the question / forgiveness in general ~

Slightly different to usual but take a lootk at other debates below:

'Patriotism is an important quality to have'
'Doctors should not have the right to strike'
'Parents should be able to choose the sex of their child'
'War can never be justified'
'The opt-out system for organ donation should be mandatory'
'Assissted suicide should be legalised'
'People who download illegally should be prosecuted'
'Capital Punishment should be reinstated'
'Voting should be compulsory'
'The voting age should be lowered to 16'
'Abortion should be made illegal in the UK'
'Animal testing should be outright banned'
'Vaccines should be a legal requirement'
'Religion does more harm than good'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 6 2016, 06:23 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

In all honesty I think i really wouldn't be able to, i'd want absolutely nothing to do with them if they murdered one of the most amazing people in my life. Scary thing to think about but anyone who would do that deserves no time of mine, no matter how sorry they feel.

I can forgive people for certain things but this would just be way too extreme.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jul 6 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #3
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

definitely not.

i'd be intrigued if anyone here said yes and WHY?

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 6 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Oh wow this question is actually a lot deeper than I initially thought...

Circumstances would make the difference for me, speaking in black and white terms if it was an accident yes, a completely malicious act no. But of course something like murder is never black and white so I don't reeeealllyy know how to answer this simply. Am I overthinking unsure.gif

I've managed to forgive some people for some things in my past, others I still hold huge grudges. I find it honestly so hard to say it's easy to forgive on the whole etc because it's not, like my post above every situation is always 50 (million) shades of grey so it's hard for me to forgive sometimes oops

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 6 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

f***ing christ no. I may not be overly fond of my family half the time, but you hurt them and I will hunt you down and put you down like a rabid dog.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 6 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #6
feminist icon

QUOTE(danG @ Jul 6 2016, 06:25 PM) *
definitely not.

i'd be intrigued if anyone here said yes and WHY?

How about it it was flipped and your mother accidentally murdered somebody, would you be able to forgive her??? This is the reason I can't fully decide even tho it sounds really flaky and like I'm an awful daughter. Obviously id never forgive the ACT of the murder but perhaps the murderer themselves IF THAY MAKES ANY MORE SENSE

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jul 6 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

I am firmly on the NO camp. She means everything to me and has given me life I could not forgive anyone that takes that away from me and I don't think anyone or anything could ever change that. I can say I'd be moral and want the murderer to change but my emotions and feelings would forever outweigh any irrational thought in such a circumstance.

Edit: oh gosh Lotti you've just opened it up even further mellow.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 6 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #8
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jul 6 2016, 07:25 PM) *
Oh wow this question is actually a lot deeper than I initially thought...

Circumstances would make the difference for me, speaking in black and white terms if it was an accident yes, a completely malicious act no. But of course something like murder is never black and white so I don't reeeealllyy know how to answer this simply. Am I overthinking unsure.gif

I've managed to forgive some people for some things in my past, others I still hold huge grudges. I find it honestly so hard to say it's easy to forgive on the whole etc because it's not, like my post above every situation is always 50 (million) shades of grey so it's hard for me to forgive sometimes oops

This pretty much.

But with less extreme acts against me when someone's in the wrong I forgive people too easily drama.gif I need to find that middle balance tbh :|

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 6 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #9
feminist icon

Omg I feel like I'm coming across super super badly here

My mum is the most important person in my life, but she's the one who's always taught me to look for the positives even in the worst of people to help me forgive them, blame her for me making this deep!!!!!

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 6 2016, 06:32 PM
Post #10
feminist icon

Okay but wait a second what kind of advert is this

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Jul 6 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely not at all.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jul 6 2016, 06:35 PM
Post #12
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

Part of me thinks No I couldn't because I love my mum to bits and if someone killed her it would tear me apart but at the same I think I could forgive but not forget what they did. But then again the circumstances as well will also be a factor, what if it is a accident or purpose. I am proper thinking into this laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 6 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jul 6 2016, 07:30 PM) *
My mum is the most important person in my life, but she's the one who's always taught me to look for the positives even in the worst of people to help me forgive them, blame her for me making this deep!!!!!

This is what kind of comes to me naturally, and I'm not always sure if it's a good or bad thing some of the time. Ugh.

But I do usually go the other way and try to see negatives in the best people too, so I suppose I'm getting balance there, somewhere laugh.gif

Ok "try" isn't the right word, someone help me out here

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 6 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #14
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I know what you mean Lotti, if it was a complete accident and something that the person was genuinely sorry for and it ruined their life, I'm sure that a parent wouldn't want you spending your life harbouring hate and not moving on with life because of it. But then that isn't murder, so if the question was "your mother's killer" then yes possibly in very specific situations because this is something that would be so personal and I don't think you could say for sure until it happened and the circumstances were there, but "your mother's murderer" would be a no, but I might be making the words too black and white here laugh.gif To me murder is like a cold blooding killing, an accident is different and it could ruin the whole person's life, they could be eaten by guilt, and while it would be their fault my mother had died, I could probably forgive them in a way and not dwell on hatred for them, because I know that my mum wouldn't want that for me. Forgiveness is quite a loaded word, hence my "in a way", I couldn't forgive them for taking my mother away, no way, but the fact it was an accident would probably change things compared to an actual murder. But this is all hypothetical because this is a situation I don't think you could say how you'd act until you were in it.

Saying that I can hold a grudge like nobody's business laugh.gif I'm the same with other less serious life things, if someone is genuinely sorry I'm fine, but if people won't accept what they've done to make me dislike or fall out with them or whatever, then no I can't and I'll held a grudge which can sometimes seem like I'm being petty. I have an old best friend who I fell out with for example in year 12 and I can't stand him to this day, but he's treated me like shit ever since and been such a twat that I can't help but still have really bad feelings towards him. So tbf he's kept the grudge going also, but in general there are people who've bullied me or been horrible years ago, and nothng's happened to change that so I still hold that grudge.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 6 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #15
feminist icon

Liam you have so perfectly and cohesively put what I am babbling on about into words!! <33

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Jul 6 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,403

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jul 6 2016, 07:32 PM) *
Okay but wait a second what kind of advert is this

Tucs biscuits

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 6 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #17
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

You're right to split hairs Liam, the Law does. An accident would more likely be referred to as Manslaughter in a court of law.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Jul 6 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I suppose it depends on what forgiveness means to you. I remember a case before where a mother forgave her son's murderer, not because she didn't care about her son or anything like that of course, but because it meant she'd be set free of the hatred she had for the person who took her son's life away. It makes sense, since unfortunately nothing could bring her son back and she's going to continue to feel his loss for the rest of her life no matter what, so being free of the intense emotion of hate is better than experiencing both.

Personally, I couldn't do that. I know it's hard to imagine situations like this if you've not been through it but, going off how stubborn I can be about other things, I couldn't forgive them. Forgiveness to me means relieving someone of their guilt and forgetting about it, so I personally couldn't put that definition of the word into action.

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Jul 6 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #19
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

Well, for me, a murder is specifically an act with intent, so the murderer has intent to murder, as opposed to the killer, which can also be manslaughter or accidental.

If it was an accident, maybe. If it was with intent, absolutely not.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jul 6 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #20
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

No, I will probably go after them personally. "Violence doesnt solve violence" is bullshit in that case

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 12:39 AM