BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> my daily threads, waste of board space?. not sure.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
daily threads
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
bipolar angel
post Jul 8 2016, 09:08 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

anyway what i wanted to discuss is your feelings about my daily thread.

i'm going to allow you to vote- and just pick what best suits your preffrence

what i really don't want to be doing is annoying people by posting threads they just don't want on here- and i have seen various feedback about them not being welcome
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 8 2016, 09:25 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Personally I enjoy the daily threads and I think certain other people (not everyone) do too. I think, among other things, they're good for smaller daily news, because I've noticed that the monthly threads are probably used more for slightly bigger news - concerts, sad occurrences etc. The daily threads encourage people to post some kind of everyday news each day, whereas the monthly threads seemed to get bumped only occasionally in the last while. I do think the monthly threads should continue too.

I can see why some people consider the daily threads unnecessary clutter though, even if I personally don't have a problem with them. If the poll results do come out "negative", I just hope you don't get too discouraged about the forum.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 8 2016, 09:27 AM
Post #3
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jul 8 2016, 10:25 AM) *
Personally I enjoy the daily threads and I think certain other people (not everyone) do too. I think, among other things, they're good for smaller daily news, because I've noticed that the monthly threads are probably used more for slightly bigger news - concerts, sad occurrences etc. The daily threads encourage people to post some kind of everyday news each day, whereas the monthly threads seemed to get bumped only occasionally in the last while. I do think the monthly threads should continue too.

I can see why some people consider the daily threads unnecessary clutter though, even if I personally don't have a problem with them. If the poll results do come out "negative", I just hope you don't get too discouraged about the forum.

Agree with this. Love the daily threads idea and how it encourages more posts for this reason cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Colm
post Jul 8 2016, 09:42 AM
Post #4
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

They're not causing anyone any distress and if others enjoy them then I say they should continue.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Jul 8 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Personally I liked the monthly threads and thought they were sufficient enough. My life is mainly "same shit, different day" so I couldn't come up with something exciting to post in each of the daily threads! Then again, I don't post quite so much in The Lounge in general so perhaps I'm not the right person to answer this poll? Whatever the outcome (and tbh I can't say I mind either way) I think it should be either the daily threads posted or the monthly thread posted, not both, because I don't think there's a need for them to run concurrently.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 8 2016, 10:05 AM
Post #6

I do agree that having the daily threads as well as the monthly thread is a bit pointless, but if we stopped having the daily threads I don't think people will be posting the same kind of things in the daily thread in the monthly threads. So I would suggest we have just the daily threads, but I'm not sure that others will agree with that idea, especially as monthly threads have been kind of a tradition here for years. I expect the mods will come up with something...

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jul 8 2016, 10:26 AM
Post #7
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I voted for option #2. Won't have something interesting to post in a daily thread every day but I enjoy reading little goings-on and prefer them to the monthly threads in general which get a load of 'summary of upcoming month' posts at the start and then the occasional bump. Daily threads encourage more posting and they're a bit of clutter but as has been suggested, could be merged (at the end of a week or end of a month).

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Jul 8 2016, 11:17 AM
Post #8
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I'm really not bothered either way, I don't really post an awful lot these days so don't use them myself, but they're certainly not harming anyone so I don't see any problem!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jul 8 2016, 11:19 AM
Post #9
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

A weekly plans type thread. Rather than making a new one every day, put them in one thread per week and you can update it each day.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 8 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #10
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I think just having one thread for Monday to Thursday plans would work better tbh

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Jul 8 2016, 11:38 AM

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 8 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #11
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

The weekly plans one sounds like it could be a good idea to try!

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jul 8 2016, 11:39 AM
Post #12
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I enjoy the daily threads and don't have a problem with them. I don't post a lot on here, and if i've not been online for a few days i don't bother catching up with the monthly threads because there is usually too much that I've missed. I also don't really like posting in the monthly threads because if i do have something that i'd like to share, i'd feel like i was butting into other peoples conversations laugh.gif If they are a problem to others i don't see the big deal really, i always say if you don't like something on the internet, just scroll past and ignore it!

QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 8 2016, 12:19 PM) *
A weekly plans type thread. Rather than making a new one every day, put them in one thread per week and you can update it each day.

However, if they become such a problem that everyone decides a thread a day is too much, then i think this ^^^^^^ is the best option smile.gif

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jul 8 2016, 12:15 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

thanks for posting your comments.

given me some stuff to think about

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jul 8 2016, 12:17 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I think daily threads are maybe a little much, though it doesn't particularly bother me, it feels slightly spammy. I think a weekly thread would be nice as others have suggested.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jul 8 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #15
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

No such thing as a waste of board space in my opinion. Ideally I loved it back in years past when monthly threads were used for all little sorts of chat (including wonderful off-topic diversions - one monthly thread I remember spiralled into about 10 pages of cookie clicking) instead of only being used for big news and people's reactions to the big news but as people no longer seem to do that and we have more of an impetus to post that kind of thing in these threads, that's even better.

Bear with me while I get a bit serious and go into board trend analysing: I don't necessarily want to change the weekend plans business yet, but have you noticed how you get fewer people posting about minutiae in those threads than in the daily threads? They post their plans and that's it for the weekend. That's because with dailies there's a new thread and we post in new threads. A new thread each day, well, a number of new threads each day, but this one helps, is great for spurring on posts and enhances the impression of an active forum. Currently that's our posting culture, the less threads we have, the less posts we'll have. Unless you want to prove me wrong but that seems to be how it's working.

(on a less important side note: if the daily threads got a bit laid-back with titles like the weekend plans thread but still indicating which day it was I wouldn't mind)

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 8 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #16
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I take very much the same view as Iz here, a topic a day is a good thing I think as it helps to continually keep the topics on the front page moving and keeps the conversations going. What I like most about these threads is that people have taken to having small conversations within them - something that hasn't been seen in the monthly threads for a while and not usually seen in the weekend threads.

I believe that the daily threads should continue, until the end of the summer at the very least. If, once school and uni starts in anger, we can't sustain a daily one then i'd suggest a weekly thread or just using the monthly thread.

For now though, the threads should continue.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 8 2016, 01:26 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Silas @ Jul 8 2016, 01:38 PM) *
I take very much the same view as Iz here, a topic a day is a good thing I think as it helps to continually keep the topics on the front page moving and keeps the conversations going. What I like most about these threads is that people have taken to having small conversations within them - something that hasn't been seen in the monthly threads for a while and not usually seen in the weekend threads.

I believe that the daily threads should continue, until the end of the summer at the very least. If, once school and uni starts in anger, we can't sustain a daily one then i'd suggest a weekly thread or just using the monthly thread.

For now though, the threads should continue.

Yes I like this idea. Keep it for the summer and see how it goes after, we could alternatively go down the route of a weekly thread as Regina suggested.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jul 8 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #18
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I never have anything to contribute in the daily threads as...my life is boring, but I do like reading what others are getting up to and there is genuine discussions going on so I think they should stay. Maybe the monthly threads could simply turn into something like the weekend threads just titled 'plans for the month' (would mean the end of the iconic foreign language titled threads though </3) where just various big plans for the month are shown all in one, and the daily threads serve as little news updates throughout. One weekly thread may go the same way as the monthly thread in that it's just buried under all the other new threads.

I'd say keep with the second option, especially, as others have said, with the summer holidays coming up.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 8 2016, 01:40 PM

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 8 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #19
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I've been enjoying these daily threads a lot! I also remember when the monthly threads would be a lot longer and full with light-hearted chat. Somewhere this kinda stopped happening and these threads have filled that void, it's nice interacting with other posters in them. I did have the same thought as Silas though, that come September they might be less active when the summer is over but we shall see. In that case a Mon-Thurs thread would work better as there will be less things going on. As it stands though I am a fan of of these daily threads!

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 9 2016, 04:47 AM
Post #20
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

My thought behind merging these into a monthly thread was that it keeps the daily threads, which seem to be a hit, while preserving the tradition of the monthly thread. I'd miss the monthly threads if removed altogether but I can see where daily or weekly threads make more sense and can't really argue against that.

Similar to what Liam said, I doubt I would post in a weekly plans thread because my weekdays are so similar week after week, but who knows!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 01:41 AM