Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conspiracy theorists
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Jul 16 2016, 06:33 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

What do you think of them?

Personally, if they can present coherent evidence to support their opinion, and are prepared to debate their issue rationally, I will listen to them.

Alas though, a lot of them just seem to grasp onto crazy ideas and remain fixated on them, regardless of any evidence to the contrary. e.g.

Faked moon landings
False flag 9/11 attacks
Princess Di 'assassination'

... to name three.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Jul 16 2016, 07:35 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

i admit i did fall majorly for the world ending in 2012, and when it didn't i was actually upset (i planned everything to detail!)

i'm actually fairlyy gullible

if someone told me that next in line to the throne was a lion, for example, i'd just believe it.. no questions asked

this makes me believing in the theories almost bound to happen
+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2016, 09:25 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I'm someone who is generally sceptical of anything I see in the news because I know there's usually a different side or an alternative story to what they are publishing/broadcasting, but I usually just roll my eyes at any supposed 'conspiracy theories'. Usually because the people who believe them and talk about them are mad as a box of frogs and tend to blame just about everything on the government just because it's fashionable to do so. Someone once told me they believed the royal family were all secretly lizards and apparently this is a genuine theory that a lot of people believe. I think I just cried in despair.
+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2016, 10:54 AM
Post #4
underneath the disco light
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 11,709

Agreed, most conspiracy theorists are laughable. I mean I've always been quite FOND of the Princess Di one because the idea of Liz and Philip carrying out a HIT it just hilarious in and of itself. Even the idea of them hiring someone is laughably absurd.
+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Conspiracy theorists don't have any coherent evidence tho...
+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2016, 11:20 AM
Post #6
Bovril Lasagna
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,572

I don't believe in any of them, but I love reading them. Especially ones about tv shows, like the one about Rugrats and how all the babies are figments of
Angellica's imagination.
+Quote Post
Toby G
post Jul 16 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #7
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

All nutjobs
+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #8
when the spun stops STOP
Member No.: 21,005

Having such an open mind I don't dismiss even the craziest of theories but I don't fall for them easily either.
+Quote Post
post Jul 16 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

There are facts, there are theories based on facts which are incomplete, and there are fantasy delusions where facts are selectively twisted to fit the fantasy along with downright lies.

Facts are facts because they can be proved again and again.

Theories get tested by people until a favoured theory makes more sense than the others.

Theories with no grounding sell conspiracy books and make the authors rich. Suggestible people believe it because it's in a book.

The Moon Landing Hoax-ers have all now gone away because there are satellites photographing every inch of the surface of the moon, and thankfully we can now just point to the photos which show every footprint that has ever set place on the moon in glorious detail, just as every scientist in the world said, and proved, beforehand. Just as the millions who watched the moon landings saw in 1969 when it was impossible to fake stuff like signals being sent from the moon and all, and which Russia also agreed was real, and America agreed every Russian achievement in space was real.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 07:09 PM