BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Melania Trump plagiarizing Michaelle Obama's speech, "I was born this way!" - Melania Trump
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
CodySleighBell-y
post Jul 19 2016, 05:45 AM
Post #1
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/mel...eech/index.html

(CNN)At least one passage in Melania Trump's speech Monday night at the Republican National Convention plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech to the Democratic National Convention in 2008.

Side-by-side comparisons of the transcripts show the text in Trump's address following, nearly to the word, the first lady's own from the first night of the Democratic convention in Denver nearly eight years ago.

The controversy quickly overshadowed the speech. The Trump campaign signed off on the speech, according to sources. A campaign representative did not immediately respond to request for comment.

CNN Politics ✔ @CNNPolitics
Similarities between Melania Trump's #GOPConvention speech and Michelle Obama's in 2008 http://cnn.it/2abCvma
9:35 PM - 18 Jul 2016

Earlier in the day, she told NBC's Matt Lauer: "I read once over it, that's all, because I wrote it ... with (as) little help as possible."
Here is Trump, on Monday:

"From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son," Trump said.
And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

And here is Obama, on August 25, 2008:

"And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.
And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children -- and all children in this nation -- to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 19 2016, 06:01 AM
Post #2
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Holy shit. I'd seen my Twitter feed explode with this but that's the first time I've seen the transcripts. That's so blatant it's unreal

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jul 19 2016, 06:59 AM
Post #3
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

omg this reminds me of when people used to copy and paste from wikipedia for homework, what a rip-off rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jul 19 2016, 07:15 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

She seems to be determined to follow Joe Biden who had to abandon his run for the presidency in 1987 for plagiarising a Neil Kinnock speech.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 19 2016, 07:32 AM
Post #5
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

When you're married to Donald Trump you can't really be given credit for your brains so this is no surprise really laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Petelehem
post Jul 19 2016, 08:03 AM
Post #6
This lunch tastes like a beat
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

What type of a name is Melania? It sounds like a disease?

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 19 2016, 11:54 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Shows the Trumps will happily plagiarise anything from anyone, and in fact rip off anyone (yes Ive seen how much Trump supports the Little Man in Clinton's ad campaign - he ripped off his architect for his golf course mansion and paid nothing much using bullying and legal threats as a technique to get stuff for free), and that includes ol Adolph Hitler's techniques of power-grabbing and manipulating (seems to be a personal role-model according to ex-wife Ivana, and not ever denied by Trump in subsequent interviews). I'm assuming when Trump rounds up all "illegal" Muslims in the USA ready to send somewhere that they won't be taking unanticipated showers, and that he's going to send them to a Muslim country happy to have them. Unless he's lying to voters about what he'll do, of course...

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 19 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #8
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Can we just kill off all the Republicans? The posts from Trump supporters are going to make me gouge out my eyes. "Oh well you can tell Melania actually meant it unlike Michaella."

WHAT? THEY COULD BE STABBING TODDLERS AND THEY WOULD JUST BLINDLY FOLLOW THEM! Seriously? Please perish soon in a very uncomfortable fashion.

This post has been edited by Tyler: Jul 19 2016, 10:16 PM

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Jul 20 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #9
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

Donald Trump's chief adviser has called for Hilary Clinton to be shot.

Now that is what I call Democracy! Or not.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Jul 20 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #10
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jul 19 2016, 09:03 AM) *
What type of a name is Melania? It sounds like a disease?

I thought that too. Like a cross between bulimia and melanoma.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jul 21 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #11
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

in related news - a conservative radio talk show host and Trump supporter ended a speech with what looks a lot like a Nazi salute

...and she forgets she's on live TV.

the Republicans really aren't having a good week, though I imagine a lot of voters don't particularly care and will VOTE TRUMP MAKE AMURRRICA GRE8T AGAIN!!!!111 whatever

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jul 21 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #12
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

There was also the stuff about using a Queen song in Monday's press conf, which makes NO sense as they have not done anything to forward LGBTQIA+ rights AT ALL. Queen also did not approve of it.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 21 2016, 06:48 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

A better choice of Queen songs for Trump would be "Death On Two Legs". Pretty sure Queen would OK that one...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:10 AM