BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOULMATES, No Craig
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SOULMATES
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 21 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #1
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

sort of inspired by one of Craigs many Lotti related threads I guess unsure.gif but I'm interested to know your thoughts on the term 'soulmate'

Do you believe it's a legit thing? Is there such a thing as two people being destined to be together? Is it only applicable to romantic relationships or can friendships be between soulmates too? Have you ever experienced a connection with someone where you feel this is the only way to describe it? ;o

Kind of a soppy/possibly cringey thread for me to make but let's see how it goes down laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 21 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

maybe lottsey are friendship soulmates

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 21 2016, 07:23 PM
Post #3
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

Tbh theres not much of a maybe about that wink.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 21 2016, 07:24 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

No and No

I haven't given it much thought tho idk

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
Post #5
feminist icon

answering the poll at hand i answered yes and then no

+Quote Post
Regina
Post #6
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jul 21 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #7
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Oh wow I chose yes for the second one but It didnt chose my mind that friendship soulmates are a thing...are they? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jul 21 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #8
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

No.

I find the concept of soul mates cringey.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jul 21 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #9
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I voted yes and no, just cause I like to think that there's someone for everyone, whether it be in a romantic way or just as good friends.

+Quote Post
Petelehem
post Jul 21 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #10
This lunch tastes like a beat
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

No & Yes

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 21 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

It has always been hard for me to answer this because I just think the term "soulmate" can mean different things for different people, and if you believe someone is your soulmate, then no one else can deny that really, if your relationship with the person you consider your soulmate aligns with your understanding of the term. I do firmly believe that two people can come together and feel this bizarre connection and maybe an almost spiritual meeting of minds, but I personally never called anyone my "soulmate".

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 21 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #12
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

The cynic in me wants to say no, because it's hard enough to find anyone vaguely interested, let alone that one person who gets you on like every level, is "the one" and it perfect for you. However with so many people in the world I do believe there is someone for everyone, and I dont think that's limited to romantic partners. If everything really fits as an amazing friend, I'd say that's akin to a soulmate.

QUOTE(danG @ Jul 21 2016, 08:26 PM) *
No.

I find the concept of soul mates cringey.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 21 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #13
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

Oh I should probs add my own thoughts kink.gif I put yea and no, just because I believe that soulmates are just two people that effortlessly click and just get each other, they're alway on the same page, know how each other feel etc and that can be between friends or romantically really

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jul 21 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #14
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I'd say yes to both, but I dont think there's just 1 for anyone.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 21 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #15
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jul 21 2016, 08:29 PM) *
It has always been hard for me to answer this because I just think the term "soulmate" can mean different things for different people, and if you believe someone is your soulmate, then no one else can deny that really, if your relationship with the person you consider your soulmate aligns with your understanding of the term. I do firmly believe that two people can come together and feel this bizarre connection and maybe an almost spiritual meeting of minds, but I personally never called anyone my "soulmate".

Yeah I could have gave an essay post to say this pretty much. But the fact that so many people break up in both romantic and friend relationships, even ones that last for years, thinking they were soulmates, then it just falls apart one day when you thought it could never happen... I'm 100% sure there's more than one potential strong friendship/relationship for everyone given how different people can be and that no one is completely isolated from everyone else.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jul 21 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #16
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Lotti *.*

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 21 2016, 07:49 PM
Post #17
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(memebury. @ Jul 21 2016, 08:34 PM) *
But the fact that so many people break up in both romantic and friend relationships, even ones that last for years, thinking they were soulmates, then it just falls apart one day when you thought it could never happen...

Hmmm yea good point funny how you can go from being so close with someone one day and then barley knowing them the next laugh.gif

With Lotti, I don't ever really worry about us 'drifting' which is odd as it's something I worry about with pretty much everyone else, we've only been friends for like five years or so but I don't think I ever doubted how long our friendship would last, I can't imagine my life without her and I don't ever want to, she's too important to me to lose over nothing and I'm pretty sure that's a mutual thing so falling out or not talking for a while and not being friends isn't really an option, it feels weird if we don't talk for a few hours never mind anything longer laugh.gif when someone does just get you, there's thst kind of security that they'll always be there, idk how to explain it tbh

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jul 21 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #18
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Tim.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jul 21 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #19
feminist icon

QUOTE(ℒ𝓲𝓷⻤ @ Jul 21 2016, 08:49 PM) *
With Lotti, I don't ever really worry about us 'drifting' which is odd as it's something I worry about with pretty much everyone else, we've only been friends for like five years or so but I don't think I ever doubted how long our friendship would last, I can't imagine my life without her and I don't ever want to, she's too important to me to lose over nothing and I'm pretty sure that's a mutual thing so falling out or not talking for a while and not being friends isn't really an option, it feels weird if we don't talk for a few hours never mind anything longer laugh.gif when someone does just get you, there's thst kind of security that they'll always be there, idk how to explain it tbh

wub.gif wub.gif

yeah that's definitely a mutual feeling, our friendship really is just such a constant in my otherwise crazy life laugh.gif it feels so good to have someone who i can message anytime absolutely whatever is on my mind! i can't at such a cute lil friendship coming out of an online game

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jul 21 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #20
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Ew y'all make me wanna barf

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 08:54 PM