BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Do you prefer live results or catching up on them after?, or dead results? jk
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Live results
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Spinning Adam
post 24th July 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Inspired by mdh kinda (again I think, in BJSC biggrin.gif) how do you like to see the results of BJSC, or actually in general results of rates or whatever in other parts of the forum?

I put a bit of both, I try and do other things while the results are going on so I'm not constantly refreshing and there's no new posts laugh.gif but I also don't want to end up catching up on so many pages after the results either, and I also probably end up skimming things and missing something out because of skimming. So in general I like to try and come back to the results every 20-30 mins or so if possible biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by memebury.: 24th July 2016, 06:30 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lotita
post 24th July 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

if i'm around I like to follow them live, but if not i just catch up later tongue.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 24th July 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Live Results but its not the end of the world if I miss them. And I usually end up missing at least a quarter of them and have a quick skim through!

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 24th July 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

I honestly don't care. I'll be there if I dont have anything to do, but O've missed several achievements of myself already like my first win and my 3rd consecutive top 3 etc.

+Quote this post
danG
post 24th July 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #5
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Live. No big deal if I can't make it but I do prefer being able to comment on the results in real time as it is happening and it also adds to the tension of the results.

In the case of Bjsc 82 anyway, I had no choice but to look at the results live tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 24th July 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Ool at the change of topic title laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 24th July 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Live results are far better for me! I find it more exciting to follow the results as they're happening and having that bit more tension. Plus it saves the effort of catching up on like 30+ pages in one go! Not the end of the world of course if I can't catch 'em live but this way is preferable.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 24th July 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(danG @ Jul 24 2016, 07:31 PM) *
Live. No big deal if I can't make it but I do prefer being able to comment on the results in real time as it is happening and it also adds to the tension of the results.

In the case of Bjsc 82 anyway, I had no choice but to look at the results live tongue.gif

Yes I forgot to mention about commenting, if you only checked the results after they finished you're probably going to end up with a big post with lots of multiquotes, possibly, but then what I said about periodically checking the results so that won't affect me much for the poll option I chose.
QUOTE(#BJSCHOSTERRRRRR @ Jul 24 2016, 07:33 PM) *
Ool at the change of topic title laugh.gif

whattt, I just thought the original title didn't put across the purpose of the thread too well.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 24th July 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Yeah if I'm there I'll look live but it doesn't rule my life or anything, if I can't it's not the end of the world. Even when I am there live I usually get distracted and end up 4 pages behind though laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 24th July 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Nowadays I make much less of an effort to follow results live as they just go on for so long (which is no-one's fault!) even when kept to a good speed of a vote every 2-4 mins and it just gets a bit repetitive which is exactly why I thought up the new voting presentation idea which will hopefully be a success when tried out in Reinvention and make a more dynamic, interesting results show!

If I'm around then I'll follow them live but as I'll more than likely be multitasking as I do it, I rarely react anymore unless I'm in contention at the very end! heehee.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 24th July 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #11
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I dont mind either way tbh, its not the end of the world if you miss them live

+Quote this post
danG
post 24th July 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Also sometimes when the results are going slowly I just watch YouTube or something, so my attention isn't always fully fixed on the Results.

+Quote this post
mdh
post 24th July 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

What can I say heehee.gif Influencing people since 2015 for all the wrong reasons.

I never seem to see the full results live but I do try and be here intermittently for results. I'll usually watch TV and keep checking every few minutes on my phone. I would like to be here for the full duration sooner or later, hopefully (probably not though) I'll have to sooner or later.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 24th July 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I like missing them every once in a while so I take in the whole lot all at once but equally I like making sure my comments are spread throughout and keeping up with the whole thing so honestly, both has advantages. Depends if I qualify, I have much more to say then for obvious reasons.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 24th July 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(meme @ Jul 24 2016, 07:50 PM) *
What can I say heehee.gif Influencing people since 2015 for all the wrong reasons.

I never seem to see the full results live but I do try and be here intermittently for results. I'll usually watch TV and keep checking every few minutes on my phone. I would like to be here for the full duration sooner or later, hopefully (probably not though) I'll have to sooner or later.

The "wrong" reasons wtf

You're wrong.

+Quote this post
m
post 24th July 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

It depends. If I'm not doing anything else and if I'm up for it (which usually I'd say I am), then I'll watch them live and save having to catch up on circa 30 pages or whatever it is, the next day, but in a way I have always found it relaxing catching up on Buzzjack threads later. Sometimes it can be exhausting catching up on that many pages though so overall I'd probably choose watching them live and get the whole experience as it's actually happening, but sometimes I just haven't felt like sitting here for three hours or whatever so I've just gone and done something else, then caught up the next day happy.gif

+Quote this post
Math!
post 24th July 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #17
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852

I prefer live because it adds to the tension and excitement. I usually only get to read the results after they have happened due to my inability to remember to watch but when I do catch them live it's always somewhat of an event.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 24th July 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #18
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I actually kinda prefer catch up as I get it all in one go and I find when it's live results (particularly when I'm doing well) I'm constantly refreshing and time just seems to go that much slower. Plus I never know what to say except various phrasings of 'OMG go *insert country* cheer.gif / Wow, it's close ohmy.gif / Thanks for the points wub.gif', I feel like a dirty spamwhore x

That said, I'm almost always here for them and I do enjoy the fun of it all so live is good too~

+Quote this post
mdh
post 24th July 2016, 10:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

QUOTE(memebury. @ Jul 24 2016, 08:09 PM) *
The "wrong" reasons wtf

You're wrong.

No but most of the things I say are either completely wrong or make me a laughing stock.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:18 AM