BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Joe ho ho!
post Aug 9 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I had a nightmare last week that I was back in high school playing PE (physical education/ games / gym whatever your school calls it).

P.E was one of my least favourite parts of school growing up - I was never very sporty and felt uncomfortable because I wasn't particularly good at football, hockey, rugby or whatever they were trying to make us play. I used to get bullied (actual bullied) and taunted somewhat which just made the whole lesson just unbearable. (double PE every Wednesday afternoon - *shudder*) In my final years of high school I ended up skipping it because the whole thing was just so uncomfortable and humiliating.

I know I'm not alone on this one as lots of people I know hated it just as much as me. So I'm interested to know what everyone else's memories and experiences of PE were (or are)? Did you enjoy it? Did you loath it?

Me:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Aug 9 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #2
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

I just went to the toilets for the hour and half.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Aug 9 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #3
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I was in the special mixed class that done badminton because we were physically incapable of doing sports

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Aug 9 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #4
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I didnt enjoy it tbh mainly due to my disabilty but Dodgeball and Table Tennis and even Basketball too even if I was shit at it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 9 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #5
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I just made up some diabetes relatd excuse and always got away with not doing it.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 9 2016, 11:18 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

In Primary School I really enjoyed P.E as this was a time when I loved sports and was actually physically fit! laugh.gif I mainly have memories of going on the apparatus and it generally being fun. Except one P.E lesson when I accidentally hit a guy with a hockey stick 'cause I was so bad at hockey :x (kink.gif)

Secondary School was... mixed. I quickly lost my love for sports in general (minus gymnastics/rhythmic gymnastics/athletics to a lesser extent which I still took up) and only ever enjoyed P.E. if it was gymnastics, badminton or rounders as I was pretty good at those. I actually have some AWFUL memories of P.E though, one of these being during the early years of Secondary School when these nasty girls picked on me for being bad at trampolining and my best friend had to comfort me because I was so upset. This is what I hated about P.E at the time, because it was the people who were great at sports that were hailed and those who weren't so great were made fun of - people were still really immature. I also hated people being assigned as team captains and then each person picking their teams, I just remember feeling pretty down when I was picked near the end, not good for my self esteem. So yes generally bad memories so far. A better memory was being lazy and just chatting to my friends instead of doing sports and getting away with that for as long as we could until we were told off kink.gif Later on however~ we had a gym built in our school so in year 10 and 11 our P.E was mainly based there! This was way more fun to me as I could just go on the treadmill and put in my headphones. Kids were generally way more mature and less judgemental about P.E on the whole, so at least it ended on a high.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Aug 9 2016, 11:19 PM
Post #7
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Aug 10 2016, 12:09 AM) *
I was in the special mixed class that done badminton because we were physically incapable of doing sports

i read this as special needs omg

+Quote Post
kye
post Aug 9 2016, 11:21 PM
Post #8
• Aesthetic Party •
Member No.: 2,169

Oh, it was unbearable. But then, I think every high school boy hated it unless he's "one of the lads" or really good at sport.

I didn't ever get bullied for being gay in school but I think me asking to join the girls doing dance kinda tipped it for the boys laugh.gif

In the end, I just used to skip it. We only had P.E once a week for 2 hours on a Thursday morning so I would have a wonderful lie in and go to school at 11 every Thursday.

This post has been edited by Kye: Aug 9 2016, 11:22 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 9 2016, 11:22 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I liked games like rounders (except when the teams were picked by captains as I was always last or near last :/) but since I'm not remotely sporty I hated the rest lmao. I was also shit at hockey kink.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Aug 9 2016, 11:26 PM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I hated P.E but I put myself through it :') I got an special acknowledgement for effort or something like that in 2nd year from THE most patronising teacher ever, i'm sure I only got it out of her feeling sorry for me or something laugh.gif I had a really nice P.E teacher in 5th year though, while we were on our trampolining block, I told her I wasn't comfortable doing it so she said just be a 'spectator' and if the head of department or anyone came in and asked what I was doing, I was 'waiting on my turn' kink.gif

Thank god for 6th year where it wasn't compulsory tbh

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Aug 9 2016, 11:31 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 9 2016, 11:34 PM
Post #11
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Absolute worst part of school. All the idiots who treated it like the olympics made it even worse. Year 7-8 I bunked PE a hell of a lot, year 9 i suffered an year 10 and 11 I think I brought my kit about 10 times in total and nobody ever cared laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Aug 9 2016, 11:34 PM
Post #12
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(Cameron @ Aug 10 2016, 12:09 AM) *

Oh my god I wish this was a thing at my school!! I was crap at all the sports but I always really enjoyed badminton and tennis. Unfortunately whenever we did those, half the time it would be cancelled for us to do football again for absolutely no reason smile.gif

I absolutely despised PE most of the time because I hate playing team sports with a passion (and, justifiably, no one ever wanted me to be on their team which was always very awkward lol). When we were doing individual things like tennis/badminton (and also cross country running, the one thing everyone else hated laugh.gif) it wasn't so bad though.

I never bunked the lessons, really should have tbh as it would have saved a hell of a lot of stress lol

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 9 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I feel your trampolining struggles so much Lindsey, I absolutely loathed it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Aug 9 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Being able to ditch it after 4th year was GLORIOUS!!!

I hated PE. We never got to do swimming, which was the only sport I was ever any good at. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 9 2016, 11:41 PM
Post #15
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Omg I had one of those awful patronising teachers in year 8, he would make a HUGE deal if I ever made the tiniest bit of effort and it made me want to give even LESS of a shit drama.gif

The only good thing was rounders, because you could just be like "I'm gonna field over here just in case someone hits it there" and stand so far away the ball would come nowhere near and you could just chat.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Aug 9 2016, 11:43 PM
Post #16
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Aug 10 2016, 12:36 AM) *
I feel your trampolining struggles so much Lindsey, I absolutely loathed it laugh.gif

That was one of my favourite sports! Although, not so much with everyone else watching I s'pose...

There were parts of the subject I like - the gym part where they let you do your own workout and some sports like cricket/volleyball was quite fun, but the majority of compulsory PE was football, which I hated, was laughably bad and teased for it and was always picked last out of everyone for. So yeah, this was not my favourite subject, in fact when Year 11 came, I'm pretty sure I didn't do PE once and just sat around for that lesson, the teachers didn't mind laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Aug 9 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #17
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

we had a really sexist sub once and he literally told the guys to go play football while the girls played 'scatch' or whatever its called, you know those velcro discs you attach to your hand and throw balls at as a kid? mellow.gif

i was also in a mixed class, the same one as cameron I think :') We got told to either pick 'competitive games' where it was like DEATH dodgeball all year, 'gymnatics and fitness' idek what this was, using crosstrainers and shit idk and then the other 'non competitive games' class for badminton and basketball and all the 'easier' stuff unsure.gif

our head teacher was a P.E teacher so sports came before everything at my school so there was no way you could just sit out of a P.E lesson without being questioned or punished for it, even if you brought in a note to excuse you, you'd still get shit from the teachers for not participating laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Aug 9 2016, 11:48 PM

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Aug 9 2016, 11:47 PM
Post #18
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

In primary school, PE seemed just like running round and having fun for the most part, but in secondary school, they taught to those that enjoyed/were good at it, and those who weren't so good like myself just had to go with it lol. I was one of those who always got picked last and everyone knew I wasn't that good so I just spent half the time on the sidelines not really getting involved. Would also take advantage of any sniffle to get a note from my parents for being too ill to take part laugh.gif In year 10, those who got put into top set science (aka triple science) had extra science lessons in the timetable and therefore instead of one PE lesson a week, we had it once every 2 weeks, and then not at ALL in year 11 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Aug 9 2016, 11:49 PM
Post #19
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

The first semester of P.E. in high school was the worst. Tennis, I enjoyed. Badminton, I enjoyed. Swimming, I enjoyed. There was also a line dance portion that I enjoyed. Everything else? NO.

Luckily it all changed when I joined my tennis team during the spring semester and I had people from the team I would cut class with because we had a game the following period.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Aug 9 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #20
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

OH ALSO,

Idk if this is just in Scotland, i think it might be but on the lead up to Christmas, like 4-6weeks or so we did social dancing for PE ... which was utter hell and that lasted up until four year

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:35 PM