BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Funny girl
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
eden
post Aug 10 2016, 06:44 AM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 393
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks to all for your remarks/info: if Darius doesn't know whether he is doing the tour, does this mean he is still waiting to be 'asked' & would be willing if so? Has the cast not been announced yet? Dissappointing news for me, as so difficult to arrange London. Please let me know when the tour cast is announced. Good that Megham showed that positive good review from british theatre. Darius of course, was 'born to be the 'lead' in whatever he does! By the way, what does it mean when one of you says. 'nice if we could see it in G.B.?! Good to hear the record is fine, but think i'd like to see show 1st, so please keep me updated abt tour cast etc. So good to hear all your comments/updates. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
megham
post Aug 10 2016, 01:11 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 111
   No Gallery Pics

He has been asked and he isn't doing it. I'd like to know what his next steps are - I'd really like a new album. I'd like his next project to be somewhere we can see it - GB not just abroad

This post has been edited by megham: Aug 10 2016, 01:15 PM

+Quote Post
polly
post Aug 11 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 10,878
   No Gallery Pics

The next thing is the film Darius co produced which will be released on his birthday so that's something to look forward to smile.gif

+Quote Post
megham
post Aug 11 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Darius isn't actually involved in the action. Him co-producing it wont give us anything more visible that any other co-producer is. I'm looking forward to the next time he acts or sings more than that - although I know he likes being involved in this kind of thing, it doesn't much apeal to me as something that would make me watch it

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Aug 12 2016, 01:04 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 334
   No Gallery Pics

I admit that I'm disappointed that Darius isn't doing a few legs of the tour, enough for at least a geographical spread for his fans who can't travel to London.

At least we've got the CD and I'm still hopeful the show might be filmed before it closes in the West End.

Darius will have spent almost a year in what seems to be a close, exuberant and talented company, playing yet another iconic role which he couldn't refuse. He's played Nick opposite three leading ladies - Sheridan, Natasha and Claire Rickard. He's made his mark
There isn't much opportunity to develop Nick any more. It's such an underwritten role. If there was, maybe another year on tour would be well spent. On balance, the end of the Savoy run is probably the right time to pass the baton or in this case, the ruffled shirt, on.

Two things have always motivated Darius - new challenges and working with some of the best people in the business.

In addition, he's always been keen to learn the technical aspects as well as the creative ones, so I can understand the attraction of film production for him.

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Aug 12 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Re Funny Girl London Cast recording, I think it showcases all of the cast and the show really well.

I still can''t get into Rat-a-tat -tat. The routine seemed interminable in the show. I skip that track every time.

I like how they've included some lines (and Joel's fabulous tap dancing)... the contrast between D's "It's my neck!" and the onstage "What Do Happy People Do?" highlights the gulf between Fanny's life on and off stage.

I like all of Sheridan's songs. Though I do wonder why The Music That Makes Me Dance is so quick.

Who Are You Now is my favourite track but I often catch myself humming or singing snatches of nearly all the songs from the show.

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Aug 21 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

New review.

http://bobonstuffblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/...irl-review.html

+Quote Post
megham
post Aug 21 2016, 11:50 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks BT - I've shared it with Archive and News. The whole cast was brilliant again yesterday. I hope Darius' back repairs soon - not that you'd notice anything wrong with it

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Aug 21 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Poor Darius. I just hope he's sensible and doesn't risk more serious damage by carrying on regardless.

Did I post this review before?

http://sharmanprince.blogspot.co.uk/2016/0...ndon-28716.html

+Quote Post
megham
post Aug 21 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think you did but it sounds like someone who doesn't want to like something and has already made up their mind.

+Quote Post
megham
post Oct 2 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

last week of 'Funny Girl' at the Savoy Theatre now. I hope they get a dvd out

+Quote Post
eden
post Oct 4 2016, 09:53 PM
Post #12
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

Ah yes...Last week Meg ham. I just couldn'the get down from Scotland to see it,as my daughter has been working long hrs and not had a window to accompany me and stay over weekend in London. However,she said "don't worry mum". "When he comes to Scotland, we can go to see him in Edinburgh &Glasgow "! But your news that he wasn' doing the tour,has now put paid to that! If you hear ,Meg ham of any other events,he will be singing at,preferably in Scotland, I would appreciate it if you would let me know,or do you think he will be 'off' after the show to do his producing stint, matey lasting a long time;in which case at my age, I might be lucky to ever see him in concert again.ha! Do wish his focus was on the singing,purely for selfish reasons of course. Apart from that,I honestly believe,that to be successful you must be totally focused on what you excellent at,but Darius has a different perspective &who knows, matey that will work for him and I wish him every success in all his many ventures. One thing'so for sure.He was born to be a star and with all that talent I hope heo entertain us fomany years to come.

+Quote Post
megham
post Oct 5 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

He is still talking about a new album but it'll have to fit in his role as producer. It's a shame you missed 'Funny Girl' it was very good.

+Quote Post
megham
post Oct 7 2016, 08:42 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Just today and tomorrow and then Funny Girl is over for Darius. It's been great to see him on stage. I look forward to his next adventure

+Quote Post
eden
post Oct 8 2016, 01:47 AM
Post #15
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Megham, thanks for commiserations. Yes, am so dissappointed I couldn't get down to London to see DARIUS perform &lulled myself into a false s.o.so thinking he would be doing some of the tour and come up to Scotland. It's been nice though to get your updates and information which is really appreciate, and long may it continue. Would be great if Darius could bring us a new album,buthe since he is 'all over the place',I won't hold my breath. Hope he has a good experience producing.yet another string to his bow,and no doubt we will hear how it all goes. Wonder if it's here or in the states!
. .

+Quote Post
megham
post Oct 9 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...7175&type=3

Photos from the last night

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Oct 9 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks, megham.

I feel gutted for fans who won't get a chance to see Darius in Funny Girl. I really thought they'd have filmed it for a Dvd/Bluray for Christmas.

Does anyone know anything about Darius's planned projects? Will he have to be mainly in the USA?

I can't see Darius ever giving up live performances.
He has cemented his reputation as a West End leading man. I bet there will be another role which he won't be able to refuse

Right now, though, he's got his foot in the production door and it must be really challenging and exciting for him. I wish him all the very best.

The show CDs are great but it's never too late for the long awaited Darius album.

+Quote Post
megham
post Oct 9 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

We'll have to wait and see. Darius is looking forward to the future which, he feels, must have music in it

+Quote Post
megham
post Oct 11 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre...-ann_41983.html

Chance to vote for 'Funny Girl' as best musical

+Quote Post
Baytree
post Oct 11 2016, 07:13 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Unfortunately I can't remember what my BBC ID is . I don't know if the site will let me re-register. I'll try later on.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 07:50 PM