BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> *FIXED* Troublesome Google advert..., ...causing a random file to automatically download
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Okay big issue for me here, and I've surfed various sites to see if this is my problem or a potential Buzzjack problem and it hasn't happened to me on any site except Buzzjack so I'm assuming it's a Buzzjack problem. I'm on Google Chrome and whenever I click to go to the forum index, a file automatically downloads to my computer called "Your_mortgage_payment.RAR". Every single time I click to go to the forum index I get yet another of these files, and it also happens when visiting some other parts of the site such as this troubleshooting forum.

As I say, this isn't happening to me on any other site so I'm assuming it's a Buzzjack-only problem. Having endless downloads of this dodgy looking file makes the site quite unusable so I hope there is a fix whether it fixes itself (perhaps it is to do with one of the ads Google is providing) or whatever.

And just as I post this topic I get my 6th RAR file download in the space of about 2 minutes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 10 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Okay I followed my own theory and I seem to have fixed it myself. Whenever I loaded a page where Google provides the advert "Starlet Buildings" at the top (or something to that effect), I get the RAR download. Now I used the option in the top right of the ad banner to stop seeing this ad and now I am having no issues so it looks like a very dodgy ad from Google that is causing the issue.

At least if it happens to anyone else we know what the cause is!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 10 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

This is why I use ad blocker. Those pricks had the cheek to get all high and mighty about our content when their providing us with riddled ads.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 05:30 PM