Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> German refugee centre company Pewobe lose contract, after joking about executing child refugees
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Taylor Jago
post Aug 18 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #1
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

The company responsible for a string of asylum centres in Berlin has been stripped of its contracts after its managers swapped emails joking about using guillotines on children.

Berlin’s social affairs minister Mario Czaja severed ties with Pewobe, which runs nine hostels around the city and is responsible for the welfare of approximately 3,000 asylum seekers, after a series of emails between three managers were printed by a German newspaper.

In one of the emails published by Bild, the company’s general manager appeared to suggest buying a "Kinderguillotine" with money donated by BMW.

The trio then sent each other pictures of guillotines, beheadings and a photoshopped image showing a playground slide ending in an oversized cheese grater with knives at the end.

One then said they would become more energy efficient because they could use the bodies to heat the centres in a “large-volume crematorium”.

Mr Czaja said he was “appalled” by the emails and said the company was “not suitable as an operator of refugee centres in Berlin”. He added that the emails had been given to the secret service.

Christian-Oliver Moser, the lawyer for Pewobe, claimed the emails had been taken out of context.

He said the dismissal was “politically motivated” and they would take all "civil and criminal steps" to appeal against it.

Mr Moser said the correspondence was "personal" and accused Bild of violating the privacy of the managers.

Berlin voluntary groups have also complained about the “catastrophic conditions” at their hostels in the city which were said to be overrun with vermin.

Germany is due to hold local elections next month where Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic party, to which Mr Czaja belongs, faces a major test after the public turned against the country’s previous open door refugee policy.

Approximately 1.1m people - many of them refugees fleeing from conflict in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan - arrived in Germany last year.

But an attack on more than 1,000 women in Cologne on New Year’s Eve which was blamed on refugees has put a strain on German goodwill towards migrants.

The far-right Alternative for Germany (Afd) party has made huge gains in recent regional elections while calling for the borders to be closed.

I cannot begin to describe how appalled I am by this. And I do not buy the "taken out of context" argument for a second. I mean, what the f*** is a Kinderguillotine supposed to be?

Those three managers are utterly despicable human beings. How people can be so sick never fails to dumbfound me.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 18 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #2
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,777

what the f***. that is horrifically atrocious
+Quote Post
post Aug 18 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I get that you make private jokes with your colleagues, but this is some super offensive shit that should never be on company servers.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 07:06 PM