BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Personal Success stories, Do you have any?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Aug 22 2016, 08:27 AM
Post #1
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,473

9 days ago I decided to give up smoking after doing it for 14 years.

Initially I was going to do it without any help because I didn't want to replace one habit with another but that would probably have led me to start smoking again.

So

I bought a vape and haven't had a cigarette in 9 days. Sure no one knows the long term effects of vaping yet but it is generally regarded as a safer alternative, especially as vaping doesn't include almost all of the chemicals associated with smoking!!

I know 9 days doesn't sound like a proper achievement but it really feels like it.

Do you have any success stories?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Aug 22 2016, 08:52 AM
Post #2
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I'm glad to hear you're making that big step James! biggrin.gif also i'd imagine vaping would be easier to stop than going cold turkey on smoking as well!

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 22 2016, 09:51 AM
Post #3
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

i was not murdered.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Aug 22 2016, 10:11 AM
Post #4
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

QUOTE(🍑💦🍌 @ Aug 22 2016, 10:51 AM) *
i was not murdered.

Well apparently since you are posting magic.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 22 2016, 12:07 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Congrats James, keep it up! My dad has been struggling to quit smoking for as long as I can remember but is also making good progress at the moment.

As for personal success stories that are health-wise like this (and not the usual academic stuff), I'd say mine is mostly improving my diet. I'm a very fussy eater and my diet isn't great now, but it's so much better than it was a few years ago so I'm happy that I started trying more of a variety of foods.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 22 2016, 04:37 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Getting into uni is the big one for me, I worked so hard for my A Levels and getting the grades to get in was amazing. Not only that but in going there I've improved all round as a person, as in my confidence, my social skills, just everything really. I'm in general a much happier person with some amazing friends, compared to a year ago when I was always unhappy, I had barely any friends and dreaded any form of social interaction laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 22 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #7
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

i may have cured myself of my anxiety in the long term the last couple of nights, that's a very big success story for me, so many life problems dissapeared, if it is long term of course. I'm not sure.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 22 2016, 04:52 PM
Post #8
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 22 2016, 12:37 PM) *
Getting into uni is the big one for me, I worked so hard for my A Levels and getting the grades to get in was amazing. Not only that but in going there I've improved all round as a person, as in my confidence, my social skills, just everything really. I'm in general a much happier person with some amazing friends, compared to a year ago when I was always unhappy, I had barely any friends and dreaded any form of social interaction laugh.gif

This makes me so happy for you! I had a very similar turn around going from high school to college! It's always a great moment when a fantastic person realizes how brilliant they actually are! heart.gif

Mine is taking a risk and moving to a ski resort last winter and becoming a board instructor/ bartender. Left my mundane office job and just went for it, thanks to one of my best friends convincing me! Now we run our own kayak rental business on the Savannah River, here in GA. And we both travel to Colorado in the Winter. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Tyler: Aug 22 2016, 04:55 PM

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Aug 22 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

My last alcoholic drink was in early January, which is something the me of my late teens/early twenties would be astonished by. I might have a couple on my birthday next month but the amount of money I've saved - compared to my 2015 alcohol spending (and every year since 2008 or so) - is well into hundreds of pounds biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 09:29 PM