BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> On This Day......., Time machine thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Houdini
post Aug 30 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

30th August

2015:

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 12:28 AM) *
Happy birthday Lee Wallace

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 12:32 AM) *
2 perfect scores & 2 correct outcomes for Saturday. If only I reversed the score for Chelsea vs Crystal Palace drama.gif

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 12:44 AM) *
I think it's safe to say after Saturday's events that Chelsea will not have the gold Barclays Premier League badge on their shirts next season.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 04:30 AM) *
I just watched NXT for the first time and I was really impressed, it seems to be more about wrestling than promos or other things outside the ring unlike Raw. It also feels more fun to watch and the crowd are a lot more lively than the crowds that watch Raw in the arenas. The characters of the wrestlers are more fun to watch as well.

Which day of the week is NXT on? if I can then I will start watching it regularly.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 03:52 PM) *
Who would have thought that Chelsea would only be 2 points clear of the bottom of the table? laugh.gif

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 04:06 PM) *
Kevin De Bruyne has completed his signing for the noisy neighbours.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 05:57 PM) *
Poor result and performance from United today, I knew as soon as Gomis scored that we wouldn't get back into the game. Swansea fans will be getting excited about this result but we'll see who will have the last laugh at the end of the season.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 06:37 PM) *
Of course Swansea will have a more fun season by not qualifying for any European competitions or winning any trophies.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 06:42 PM) *
I initially had a bad feeling about this weekend's predictions but ironically I got the most points this week. Maybe my bad feeling was an unknowing gut feeling about today's match against Swansea.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 07:04 PM) *
The NXT arena reminded me of the old ECW arena, it's probably why it sounds like the crowd are more involved in the matches.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Aug 30 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

30th August

2015 (cont):

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 11:09 PM) *
Wow my first time ever being in this chart! 34th with 43 posts is not too shabby.

Good to see Sports in the top 10 forums again as well.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 11:37 PM) *
Sammy01 is getting a lot of heat on here tonight laugh.gif, the guy who sang Labrinth's Jealous did a really good job imo. My favourite performance of the weekend was the Mary Mary performance.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 30 2015, 11:46 PM) *
It is a bit dodgy when you think about it. Swansea being a Welsh team should really be in the Welsh league but i'm glad that they are in the English league because they do add positively to the Premier League (even though they keep beating Man Utd 2-1).

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Aug 30 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #3
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr Escobar @ Aug 30 2013, 09:48 PM) *
arrow up.gif 145. Kanye West - Bound 2

This song gets raped on Radio 1 every morning by Nick Grimshaw, this is one of the funniest songs i've ever heard and i would love it if it could go to #1 laugh.gif
arrow left.gif 16. Katy Perry - Roar

Where do you think this will enter on iTunes at 1:00 am on Saturday/Sunday when all the pre orders get added?

QUOTE(Mr Escobar @ Aug 30 2013, 11:00 PM) *
The number 69 goes well with Katy Perry but i strongly doubt that she'll enter at that position seeing as she's #16 now.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Aug 30 2016, 06:23 PM
Post #4
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

FROOT !!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 30 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

LMAO

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Aug 30 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

what is thread meant to be?

confused..

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Aug 30 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Aug 30 2016, 10:37 PM) *
what is thread meant to be?

confused..

Exactly what it says on the tin. Posts that were made on this day in years gone by, feel free to post your own if you wish.

It is like a time machine of Buzzjack where you can look back and think "what was I thinking a year ago etc..." It's like the feature that some newspapers have but converted to Buzzjack form.

This post has been edited by Houdini: Aug 30 2016, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Aug 30 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

31st August

2015:

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 31 2015, 03:45 PM) *
I don't think children going back to school tomorrow will have any affect, they could just buy his song when they come home from school instead. Also I think it would be pretty harsh to go back to school on the first day of September laugh.gif it would probably be at the end of this week or next Monday when they go back.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 31 2015, 06:56 PM) *
Javier Hernandez has signed for Bayer Leverkusen. I am really going to miss him, he always made a positive impact whenever he played barring a few occasions and I think Louis Van Gaal should have started him in matches this season. I'm not surprised and I don't blame him for leaving, he looked unhappy in recent times and I think it's clear that he wasn't going to feature much in the manager's plans.

He will always be remembered by the fans mainly for his first season at Man Utd when he helped us win the title.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 31 2015, 09:32 PM) *
I haven't watched this since Friday's show but as I am watching this right now I have to say that it is so cringy right now. I'm not surprised that the ratings are lower than the previous celebrity editions, the spark that the previous 3 celebrity big brothers had isn't there with this series.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 31 2015, 09:38 PM) *
The De Gea situation is the same as what happened with Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009. Real Madrid were constantly trying to sway Ronaldo's mind in the weeks leading up to his departure and Man Utd tried to keep him but ultimately money and the chance of being closer to home were too much to resist.

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 31 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Anyway good luck to De Gea, he can go to Madrid and watch Barcelona win all of the trophies. As the old saying goes no one is bigger than the club and in time we'll have an adequate replacement no matter how long it takes.

Thank God De Gea didn't leave after all drama.gif, Celebrity Big Brother 16 was cringe worthy indeed!

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Aug 31 2016, 09:26 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Houdini @ Aug 30 2016, 10:54 PM) *
Exactly what it says on the tin. Posts that were made on this day in years gone by, feel free to post your own if you wish.

It is like a time machine of Buzzjack where you can look back and think "what was I thinking a year ago etc..." It's like the feature that some newspapers have but converted to Buzzjack form.

actually that's pretty neat

good job

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 31 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I'm not really convinced this is going to promote any discussion or do anything other than increase a few peoples post counts for no good reason.

Give it a few days to find its feet and if im still getting the same feeling then I'll close it.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 31 2016, 02:18 PM
Post #11
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Is this meant to be like a forum Time Hop? :') Good idea if it was like a general overview of what was going on in the lounge a year ago today etc but I do not have the motivation or patience to go hunting for old posts that happened years ago tbh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Aug 31 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silas @ Aug 31 2016, 02:47 PM) *
I'm not really convinced this is going to promote any discussion or do anything other than increase a few peoples post counts for no good reason.

Give it a few days to find its feet and if im still getting the same feeling then I'll close it.

Why would you close it when threads like "BOOBS" & "ASS" stay untouched on here?

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 31 2016, 07:15 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Houdini @ Aug 31 2016, 07:58 PM) *
Why would you close it when threads like "BOOBS" & "ASS" stay untouched on here?

To be honest, when I first saw this thread, I was thinking of closing it as well, but decided against it as it seems to have some potential if others are willing to get involved (at the moment it doesn't really seem so). It's difficult because I think the body part threads were happening during a certain atmosphere (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was right after the Lounge lockdown so maybe acted as a sort of "relief" from that) and sometimes nights like those just happen organically around here. I agree that they were very spammy but people were getting really involved and connecting with people they hadn't really talked to before. Obviously we can't have spam threads like that all the time though, I just feel like at the time they sort of worked.

Like some other mods have mentioned, I'm willing to give this thread a chance too.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Aug 31 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
   No Gallery Pics

You might as well close it now then, I can see it will just be me on my ones posting in here. I shouldn't have even bothered to be honest.

I'm sure if it was someone like Jade or another person on here who has the sun shining out of their bum then the thread would go over 50 pages in no time.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 31 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #15
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Oh, shit off with the self pity.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Aug 31 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #16
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I think the issue people mainly have the idea is how much effort it is to find old posts tbh. I do think if there is a easier way it could have promise.

P.s. dont think bringing Jade into that comment was needed at all.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 31 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #17
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

SCREAMING OMG

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 31 2016, 08:17 PM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Lol at these random digs at me. :')

Anyway, I was actually going to post in here earlier but didn't post at all this time last year (was in Spain).

It appears that a 'What if Kanye was president?' thread was posted on this day last year in terms of BuzzJack history, would still prefer that out of the current options tbh. kink.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Aug 31 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #19
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'm the only one on this site capable of making spam threads don't give jade my title

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 31 2016, 08:21 PM
Post #20
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Jade @ Aug 31 2016, 09:17 PM) *
It appears that a 'What if Kanye was president?' thread was posted on this day last year in terms of BuzzJack history, would still prefer that out of the current options tbh. kink.gif

I got a post of mine in that very thread when I looked up August 31st! Something about it handing the victory to the Republicans which means a Trump vs Kanye victory obviously leaves... no one winning.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:18 AM