BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> daily threads, are no more
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Aug 30 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

i'm not wasting my time anymore with these threads

i've just been informed that you all prefer weekly ones

so, if that's what you all want to do, someone can take over from me

sorry.. but that was my idea the daily threads
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mdh
post Aug 30 2016, 09:36 PM
Post #2
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

That's so overdramatic, not gonna lie laugh.gif The mods said they were trialling it, there's no reason you can't continue to post in them daily just because they're clumping them all together. It doesn't change anything, really, so I'm not sure why you're acting as though there's been some sort of almighty backlash against you.

This post has been edited by mdh: Aug 30 2016, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Aug 30 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

You can still post your daily plans within weekly threads, which you can still create

If I'm not mistaken it was you yourself who opened up discussion to make them weekly

+Quote Post
jjake
post Aug 30 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #4
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

'you've just been informed'...do you not actually read the threads you post on a daily basis huh.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 30 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #5
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

This has been a thing that's been floating about for weeks now and pretty much all of your threads over the past fortnight has had people suggesting/requesting that they change to being weekly, I'm pretty sure it was discussed that they should become less frequent in the beginning too as the summer draws to an end and people are returning to work/uni/college/school etc so don't have the same amount of things to talk about daily, so it's not like you've just heard kink.gif

It would be a shame for you to just throw in the towel and not contribute to the lounge any more because of this though as I enjoy hearing about your days, there's no reason why you can't tell us about them in one thread though. I'd like to see you make the weekly threads tbh as it's been nice seeing your name on this board often and it is something that came from your original idea happy.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey ♌: Aug 30 2016, 09:52 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 30 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(mdh @ Aug 30 2016, 10:36 PM) *
That's so overdramatic, not gonna lie laugh.gif The mods said they were trialling it, there's no reason you can't continue to post in them daily just because they're clumping them all together. It doesn't change anything, really, so I'm not sure why you're acting as though there's been some sort of almighty backlash against you.

that's a tad OTT in itself laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 30 2016, 09:53 PM
Post #7
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

LIGINA *.*

This post has been edited by Regina: Aug 30 2016, 09:53 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Aug 30 2016, 09:53 PM
Post #8
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 30 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I asked you a few days ago bipolar_angel in one of your threads whether you would be okay with the switch, but didn't get a response! This discussion has been floating around for a little while now and this change was never going to be immediately definite - just a trial. You could still be the one to create the thread as it's your idea and hearing about what you get up to is still appreciated. This just needed a fresh outlook as the summer draws to a close and discussion is becoming less. This is nothing against you or whatever and you're free to create the weekly thread by yourself, so please do stick around here.

+Quote Post
Cassidy
post Aug 30 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #10
i'm massive
Member No.: 41

QUOTE(Jake @ Aug 30 2016, 10:38 PM) *
'you've just been informed'...do you not actually read the threads you post on a daily basis huh.gif

I think we have indeed found the root of the problem here. (!)

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Aug 31 2016, 09:23 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

maybe it is, and the problem is not so much the weekly threads

the problem is not being informed beforehand

if someone had messaged me, can you start posting weekly threads- we're trialling it, then yes, i would have done that

but no. they just merged them without consulting me first (and ohnly messaged me after they had done it)

i have a right to be angry, and fortunately their's an ignore feature here so if you don't like it, you can ignore my posts

for the record, i don't think weekly threads are a good idea.. they will get too big, and it will turn from a daily chat, to weekly, to monthly, to yearly, that's not what i wanted

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Aug 31 2016, 09:29 AM
Post #12
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Erm yes people had let you know beforehand! It was posted in your daily threads last week laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 31 2016, 09:55 AM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Ok Emily I preferred the daily threads too BUT I have an idea how to implement it similarly to how it was before. I'll explain by example this week as it's hard to word... watch this space cool2.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 31 2016, 12:14 PM
Post #14
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

The daily threads were beginning to get very little replies which shows that there isn't the same amount of discussion to be had, at leas there's more to talk about when you're giving a weekly overview of your plans. That's all there is to it, not that people didn't like your original idea or trying to take anything away from you biploar_angel sad.gif

But yea I agree that you should have been informed by PM first to make sure you were okay with the change as you obviously don't return to your threads once you post them so messaging you about it to would have been a good thing to do just in case you never saw any of the stuff being discussed in your threads, Mattias realises that now and has appologised though.

This post has been edited by Lindsey ♌: Aug 31 2016, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Aug 31 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #15
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

omg this drama

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 31 2016, 01:29 PM
Post #16
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Imma wade in here as a lounge mod for a sec.

We initially said we'd give this a trail run with the view to probably going to weekly at the end of summer. That was actually agreed by the majority of lounge users as a reasonable and sensible plan. So it's not as if there's been no advanced warning of this.

People have been indicating in the threads for the past fortnight or so that it was probably time to merge and this week the lounge mods agreed. A couple of quiet days doesn't indicate much but a fortnight does tend to give you a pattern to make a reasonable decision on.

Most importantly is that the lounge mods are under absolutely no requirements to notify you before we do anything to one of "your" threads. You may be the thread creator but after this point the thread becomes part of the community and the moderators job is to manage the threads within their forums as they see fit. We can merge, close, pin, delete threads whenever we feel that it is needed. We don't need permission from you to do this. We dropped you a courtesy pm to give you a heads up that we were definitely changing to weekly so you could continue to make the initial post - we didn't have to do this but you making the OP has become a bit of a tradition so we thought it'd be nice to ensure it continues. The primary reason we did drop you the pm is because you appear to not have been reading the daily threads. Now this is actually a little concerning for me as part of what I was really hoping for with these threads, and what's driven a move to weekly, is that there was this perfect chance to have more informal quick wee chats with people that lead you to get to know them a little more and that doesn't work if even the OP isn't reading it after they've posted the thread. The mentality becomes "well if they can't be bothered to reply when people ask them things why should I bother with these threads anymore" and that's not something we want to encourage.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 31 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #17
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Apols if any of that is a little blunt or without detail. I'm never as eloquent via mobile as I am via laptop

+Quote Post
Cassidy
post Aug 31 2016, 02:30 PM
Post #18
i'm massive
Member No.: 41

Why did nobody previously inform me that there'd be drama?

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 31 2016, 03:35 PM
Post #19
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

the only thing I got from this is irony that bipolar angel asks for people to post in the threads but doesn't contribute back or even reads them. It's all a bit like hey read what I have to say but I don't care what you have to say byeeeee til tomoz hun

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Aug 31 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #20
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(🍑💦🍌 @ Aug 31 2016, 04:35 PM) *
the only thing I got from this is irony that bipolar angel asks for people to post in the threads but doesn't contribute back or even reads them. It's all a bit like hey read what I have to say but I don't care what you have to say byeeeee til tomoz hun

Giving off ThePensmith teas

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 12:26 AM