BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Should've been a single: Rated R
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Should've been a single
Rated R
Mad House [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
Stupid In Love [ 6 ] ** [20.00%]
Fire Bomb [ 9 ] ** [30.00%]
Photographs [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
G4L [ 4 ] ** [13.33%]
Cold Case Love [ 4 ] ** [13.33%]
The Last Song [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
Hole In My Head [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 23

AdamAloud
post Sep 1 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

As you'll know, to pick our entry for the AFSC we'll be having a 24-hour round for each album and the most voted for song will progress to the semi final!

Vote for every song you think was robbed of a single place, and be sure to discuss your choices! biggrin.gif

Semi-Final Songs:
Music Of The Sun (Music Of The Sun)
Kisses Don't Lie (A Girl Like Me)
Breakin' Dishes (Good Girl Gone Bad)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 1 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Gone for 'Fire Bomb' and 'Cold Case Love' I think both would've been great additions to her singles discography.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Sep 1 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #3
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Firebomb is the obvious one, but throwing a vote for my favourite 'G4L' aware i'll be the only one with that lmao ~

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Sep 1 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #4
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Fire Bomb, G4L and Cold Case Love. The latter would be a leftfield choice but it's a very unusual and classy song for Rihanna, Fire Bomb is an amazing pop song and G4L has some amazing instrumentation.

(most of these songs would be great but yeah, limiting...)

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Sep 1 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #5
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

#JusticeForCry

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 1 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #6
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

Stupid In Love #Justice4Balladhanna

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 1 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Stupid In Love

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Sep 1 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

Also Stupid in Love!

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 1 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #9

I never realised 'Stupid In Love' was so popular!! I like it but it doesn't scream 'single' to me.

+Quote Post
SamJudd
post Sep 1 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #10
There you go, you're like fireworks...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

I have voted in each of the rounds so far (apart from GGGB) as I missed that one, but my opinions on them all including this one are as follows.

Music Of The Sun = To be honest I've never really been that keen on this album, I only own it as part of my Rihanna collection as I own all of her studio albums. But voted for 'Let Me' as apart from the 2 singles that were released, had any potential and if I remember correctly this was actually planned at some point, but then got cancelled due to Rihanna concentrating on her 2nd album which honestly was a smart move as I don't think it would have done very well anyway, especially after the underperformance of 'IILTYW'. The title track is also quite decent as well, it has a nice melody to it and 'You Don't Love Me (No, No, No(' is quite catchy as well, but apart from that, the rest is kinda a slog to get through and can see why this album's totally forgotten.

A Girl Like Me = Still like this album, definitely stronger than her first one and has more variety on it. For this one I voted for 'Kisses Don't Lie' as it's definitely one of the best tracks on this album, also 'A Million Miles Away' & 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' are standout moments apart from the lead 2 singles and 'Break It Off'. 'KDL' would have made a better 3rd single than 'We Ride' and would have performed a lot better as well and could have given Rihanna a 3rd top 10 hit from the album. So on the whole, yeah it's a pretty decent pop album and Rihanna would just get much better after this and starting to find her footing.

Good Girl Gone Bad = I was totally gutted that I missed this round, as I love this album and rank it as my personal fave Rihanna album as this was where everybody actually stood up and took full notice of her and was a turning point in her career, she had found her sound and just blew everything away. 'Breakin' Dishes' was the one I would have voted for, as it's just incredibly awesome and found it strange that she released 'Rehab' instead of this, okay that did do pretty well for an 8th single and all, but this would have definitely done a whole lot better. Other notable moments are the title track, which again could have made a decent single and have always had a fondness for 'Push Up On Me' which on the album itself coming after the massive 'Umbrella' is a fun moment and okay I'm not saying it would have made a great single or anything, it's just a really great album track and I just love it. 'Cry' is also another brilliant moment on here also.

Rated R = Another great album from Rihanna, totally different from 'GGGB' yes, but that's a good thing and shows that even this early in her career she was willing to take risks and this was certainly polarizing at the time, but you gotta admit that it's still a fantastic body of work. Voted for 'Firebomb' & 'Cold Case Love' as they are just both fantastic, especially the former which not even being considered is a crime against humanity, especially given the much weaker 'Rockstar 101' getting a poor non promoted release and the very odd 'Te Amo' which was okay in it's own way, just didn't really work and was just an excuse for a controversial music video with Rihanna being all over a woman, which in the end didn't really cause much of a stir or anything. No this album isn't perfect as it does have a few flaws here and there, but is any album really that perfect anymore and personally I think every album has that one or two tracks that not everyone will like. In this case 'Photographs' is the worst offender on here.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Sep 1 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #11
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

'Fire Bomb' for me. I think the others are brilliant songs for staying on the album. I can't imagine any of the others would have been too big a hit, so I don't think they were missed oppourtunities as such. I would have liked to have seen how 'G4L' would have fared though. That would have been quite a brilliantly, risky single choice!

'The Last Song' is really EPIC in it's sound though! Adore that one too... <3

+Quote Post
Scene
post Sep 2 2016, 10:32 AM
Post #12
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

'Photographs' and 'G4L' (to a lesser extent) for me. The former never gets old for me. music.gif Probably one of the best things Will has put his hands to.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Sep 2 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #13
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Fire Bomb is cheesy. I wouldn't vote for any tbh.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Sep 2 2016, 02:06 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Mad House.

+Quote Post
Scene
post Sep 2 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #15
This is where you end and I begin
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(BeaverGotTrumped @ Sep 2 2016, 02:40 PM) *
Fire Bomb is cheesy. I wouldn't vote for any tbh.

Not mincing your words then. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 06:03 PM