BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buzzjack App/Player
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
You Decide
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
awardinary
post Sep 2 2016, 09:53 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Thinking outside the box a moment, having an accessible app for phone/tablet could offer some unique features which a web based forum might not.

For example, one cool feature to have would be to see what other Buzzjack members are currently listening to. Whilst services like last.fm show live scrobbles, I would like a "Now Playing" tab which conveniently shows what everyone is playing, and a link to that song so they too can hear it, or listen along to the playlist any given member is playing.

Further, personal charts could become a much better interactive platform rather than simply text within a forum, members ought to be able to listen to all the personal charts of other members, as well as the ability to "like" or comment on any particular entries without a lengthy forum reply, but rather viewing all comments from members on a particular song in one place grouped together.

I'm sure I could think up many other features that a Buzzjack app should have, but that can do for now, and I imagine others will have other ideas to add.

Surely there must be someone on this forum who has the knowhow to develop such a masterful tool. wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dancember
post Sep 2 2016, 09:57 PM
Post #2
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think anyone here has the coding skills needed to make a buzzjack app like what you describe.

the only person I know has any sort of coding skills is the admin Phil, who's been working on the site update for years and we still don't know when it's happening (not anytime soon I imagine).

it's not a bad idea, just one that isn't practical.

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Sep 3 2016, 06:36 AM
Post #3
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I'm with Dan - but one day I'm sure this'll be a possibility.

Another cool feature would be notifications whenever someone replies to one of your posts or you get a PM - so maybe even if you don't have the Buzzjack app open you get a notification in your tray.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Sep 3 2016, 07:36 AM
Post #4
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I believe there will be a notification system in the site upgrade i.e. if someone tags/quotes you, you get a notification.

you of course already get a notification when someone sends you a PM.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Sep 3 2016, 09:10 AM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I think Phil has got the mobile experience on his very long to do list but it's probably a wee while off yet.

The whole back end of the site is being completely rewritten from scratch so what we initially see will be almost identical to this before we then undergo a complete overhaul based on the new back end.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 3 2016, 09:16 AM
Post #6
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

You be stealin' me thread idea kink.gif (sort of)

But yeah it's not going to happen for years at least laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 11:50 AM