BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What other forum communities are you a member of?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Skeleton💀Wardy
post Sep 12 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

We all know Buzzjack (and yes that is how you pronounce it) is the place to be for all music entertainment chit chat, as well as in depth reviews of songs, albums, compilations and charts.

But what if you wanted to chat specifically about something else, such as your latest iPhone, the latest Call Of Duty game you purchased or maybe your a mad Instagram photographer, and you want a community to discuss your snaps.

On a personal note, I don't presently visit any other forums, unless I have a technical query I need to ask experts about such as how to fix an issue with my PC. I did used to be a frequent poster on the forum Now Music forum which was deceased some years back. Other than that, I've not used forums since but Buzzjack really feels like home to me now! dance.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Sep 12 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I was also a regular on Now Music back in the mid 00s.

I also used to be regular on theforce.net which is a Star Wars forum heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Sep 12 2016, 05:31 PM
Post #3
Ooga Boo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,572

I used to be a member of a Tomb Raider forum but was permabanned for posting a naked picture of Joseph Gordon Levitt and calling a mod a c**t. So just BJ now.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Sep 12 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #4
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Sep 12 2016, 06:31 PM) *
I used to be a member of a Tomb Raider forum but was permabanned for posting a naked picture of Joseph Gordon Levitt and calling a mod a c**t. So just BJ now.

sounds fake

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Sep 12 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Sep 12 2016, 06:31 PM) *

That seems harsh since you get away with it on here.

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Sep 12 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #6
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

I've been on a music forum before this but wasn't as good in various aspects. I also have made accounts on forums for guidance e.g. Microsoft/Apple when I needed expert assistance tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sonia Fowler
post Sep 12 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #7
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

I am also on Popjustice and was on another music forum when we went to their plug room but dont use it anymore

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Sep 12 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #8
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I have posted on PopJustice about twice, does that count? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JosephGutierrez
post Sep 12 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #9
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I've signed up to numerous sites over the years, mainly Doctor Who forums though, some of which I still visit occasionally!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 12 2016, 05:57 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I have an account on DS but I post less and less nowadays, it's more in BB season but even then it'll be like once a week I'll reply to a few threads. I really don't like the demographic and member base, a lot of them are quite aggressive with questionable views and total miseries - even in comparison to me kink.gif I used to post on this forum for gay teens but I stopped that it was uite slow and boring.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Sep 12 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #11
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I visit a railway forum and occasionally contribute, mainly participating in the daily quiz they run where you have to guess the Underground location from a photo posted :')

+Quote Post
Jacobites
post Sep 12 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #12
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a member of TrekBBS, a Star Trek site that I joined way back when I was really getting in to DS9 (aged approx 14, don't like reading my old posts there laugh.gif ). Posting in the Star Trek forums got a little stale after a while because most of the series had been dead for years so there wasn't much new content to discuss but I stuck around a lounge and miscellaneous area for a few years on and off. I almost never post there any more though, the people there are nice but most are from an older demographic, some already parents even grandparents and I don't feel like I have a lot in common with posters there.
At one point I campaigned to have a music forum put in (all they had was TV & Media forum and a "what are you listening to now" thread in misc) and got a little bit of support but the admin just said put a general music topic in TV & Media and see how much interest it gets. I got about 10 pages before it died, I would've prefered a proper forum with separate topics (like here!) to talk about individual releases etc, I believe in "build it and they will come" but it never happened. I maybe know one person from the BBS I still talk to on a semi regular basis. I've joined a few others before (a total war forum for example) but never made more than a handful of posts. This is the only forum I post on regularly now.

Talking of the BBS though, they recently had a huge software/ design overhaul that they'd been talking about for years and at times it looked like it would never happen... happy.gif

+Quote Post
Maurice
post Sep 12 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

DenDen Forums, that's the place where i met Jay too.

+Quote Post
ᴄᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟɪɴᴅs.
post Sep 12 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #14
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I've tried other forums but none I really get into, I might visit it a couple of times but then never return laugh.gif

BuzzJack isn't the first forum where I've been part of a 'community' though, some of you will know that when we were like 13 me and Lotti met on a game but that game also had a forum section to it as well :')

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post Sep 12 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #15
boo~
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I'm on a forum that deals mostly with Myers-Briggs and that kinda thing, I find it an extremely interesting place. It feels completely different from Buzzjack, but I enjoy the change and I really like that it gives me an opportunity to read insightful posts about those subjects (which interest me a lot) and learn more about them, and psychology in general. And contribute my own thoughts too. There's a Lounge as well, and other areas. They have a "do you piss in the shower?" thread as well, like the one Toby made here recently lmao, I think it's actually a poll there laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Sep 12 2016, 06:20 PM
Post #16
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Was on what Jacob mentioned but I got bored of Trek talking earlier than he did (despite my resurgence for over the past year, so I've ended up bookmarking a few old episode review threads and checking them up after I watch an episode, not posted on there in YEARS though), we've ended up following each other to a few sites over the years, this is the first and only one where I've really felt able to be myself and talk openly and that's probably because the m.o. - finding new music is something I will never get bored of, unlike with games or certain TV shows.

I have been meaning to find a good animu forum, I've posted a bit on 'r/anime' because they seem somewhat sane there but haven't really gotten stuck in, it is hard to find sometimes a good community to talk about that sort of stuff with, similar to music fandoms (and really any fandom once you get down to it) there are a few people/teenagers who can go overboard with their love and identity with that sort of thing and make it otherwise uncomfortable to be associated with.

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Sep 12 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #17
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I don't even look at any other forums, ne'ermind about post on them.

#Buzzjackfaithful

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 12 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #18
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 12 2016, 07:20 PM) *
Was on what Jacob mentioned but I got bored of Trek talking earlier than he did (despite my resurgence for over the past year, so I've ended up bookmarking a few old episode review threads and checking them up after I watch an episode, not posted on there in YEARS though), we've ended up following each other to a few sites over the years, this is the first and only one where I've really felt able to be myself and talk openly and that's probably because the m.o. - finding new music is something I will never get bored of, unlike with games or certain TV shows.

I have been meaning to find a good animu forum, I've posted a bit on 'r/anime' because they seem somewhat sane there but haven't really gotten stuck in, it is hard to find sometimes a good community to talk about that sort of stuff with, similar to music fandoms (and really any fandom once you get down to it) there are a few people/teenagers who can go overboard with their love and identity with that sort of thing and make it otherwise uncomfortable to be associated with.

The Anime News Network forums are pretty good for anime related discussion. I don't post there much but I do follow a lot of the threads, particularly the ones relating to ongoing series.

I also occasionally post to the Drowned In Sound forums (I write album reviews for them every now and again too), but I wouldn't say I'm really a member of its community, BJ's the only one I'd feel that way about.

+Quote Post
Maurice
post Sep 12 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Also i just remembered i was on Boardaloud (R.I.P) with Jay,Joseph and Joe (although i didn't know the last 2 tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
Jacobites
post Sep 12 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #20
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 12 2016, 07:20 PM) *
^^This was one of the reasons* I didn't join Buzzjack until I did, I didn't want to feel like I was "following" you online and to me Buzzjack was "your thing". I only eventually joined because you introduced me to the room on plug and people there convinced me to join the main site. Glad I did though, being on Buzzjack has been some of the most fun I've ever had online. As for the BBS, like I said I switched to misc and The lounge and stayed there for a little longer but as much as I like Star Trek there was only so much in depth analysis of 20+ year old episodes I could take so I think I stopped posting regularly in those parts at the same sort of time as you.

*The other reason was I felt like I had a very different taste to the majority of posters here but I've found a lot of overlap and some posters that do have a somewhat similar taste to me so that doesn't really matter now.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 12:07 AM