Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> France Presidential Election 2017
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Taylor Jago
post Sep 22 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #1
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

On Monday, former French president Nicolas Sarkozy said this: "If you want to become French, you speak French, you live like the French. We will no longer settle for integration that does not work, we will require assimilation."

He then went on, saying this: "Once you become French, your ancestors are the Gauls. 'I love France, I learned the history of France, I see myself as French', is what you must say."

A few things here: first off, people who come from Martinique or Guadeloupe are not descended from the Gauls, and unless I'm mistaken they are most certainly French.

Second off, assimilation is the second phase of colonisation, coming after conquest and before pacification.

Third off, I would like to point out this idiot has an Hungarian father, and Hungarians aren't descended from Gauls.

Although this isn't worthy of its own thread, it's an interesting topic to discuss, so I'll start the topic for the upcoming presidential election now.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

The upcoming French presidential election is going to be worrying one if you're of a more liberal bent (and even if you're of a cozy centrist disposition like myself). It's almost guaranteed that the Socalists & Hollande are going to lose the office as a result of general dissatisfaction with his leadership, coupled with the horrific terrorist attacks that have affected France in the past 12 months. The worrying part is that that means the run-off is likely to be a two-way contest between Le Pen's National Front & The Republicans (Sarkozy's Party). The National Front is a far-right, anti-immigration party (which has tried to detoxify itself with some success), and if Sarkozy's rhetoric and headline grabbing policies are anything to go by, he is going to be taking his party further into the right, very far in some cases.
+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

The last report I read suggested that Sarkozy would not win the primary to be the centre-right candidate. Of course, that doesn't mean the actual candidate will be any better.
+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2016, 08:15 PM
Post #4
not Louis Theroux
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

Juppé is the best we can hope for.
+Quote Post
post Sep 25 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #5
hey, it's me
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

God I really hope someone shoots the opportunistic little fuck. What is even the difference between Sarkozy and Front National at this point?

Give me Macron or Valls.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2016 - 11:37 PM