BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Copyright issues
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post Sep 25 2016, 07:24 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

This is an issue that occurred to me when I found out that episodes of The Simpsons from season 18 onwards are not going to be released on DVD or other formats.

IMO if a company refuses to make a show, or other copyrighted material, available to *legally* purchase, then they can hardly complain when people pirate it!

I therefore suggest that, in those circumstances, people should be immune from being prosecuted for copying episodes illegally - but what do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danuary
post Sep 25 2016, 07:34 AM
Post #2
future bass fisherman
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

You can just stream Simpsons episodes online surely? Instead of downloading/pirating it?

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Sep 25 2016, 07:40 AM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Why would anyone want season 18 onwards of the Simpsons? I stopped at Season 14 and even then the quality had greatly decreased.

+Quote Post
Queen LeQueefa
post Sep 25 2016, 09:24 AM
Post #4
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Lool.

So no one is buying them and they stopped making the DVDs? Shows how much they are just milking it. Do people still watch it?? Surprised it makes money.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Sep 25 2016, 09:42 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,472

I still watch the Channel 4 repeats but I always moan if there's a shiny, glossy intro because I know it's not going to be funny. The worse the quality of the animation is, the better the quality of the jokes.

(Not answering the opening post at all there! I suppose in those cases, you know you shouldn't, but just think sod it, as it's only for personal use anyway).

+Quote Post
Danuary
post Sep 25 2016, 09:43 AM
Post #6
future bass fisherman
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(skankhunt42 @ Sep 25 2016, 10:24 AM) *
Lool.

So no one is buying them and they stopped making the DVDs? Shows how much they are just milking it. Do people still watch it?? Surprised it makes money.

I'm sure they do, it still gets shown on Channel 4. Though it is quite amazing that they've reached their 28th season and are still going when people don't care about it half as much as they used to. I don't watch it myself, South Park and Family Guy are so much better (SP in particular)

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Sep 26 2016, 06:47 AM
Post #7
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 25 2016, 08:34 AM) *
You can just stream Simpsons episodes online surely? Instead of downloading/pirating it?

That kinda misses my point, which was about owning a physical copy.

I am not a fan of streaming in general - e.g. to me, streaming music is like listening to the radio - a song is there, then it's gone. I prefer to have music I can listen to with needing an internet connection.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 10:13 PM