BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lucid Dreaming/OBEs etc., Discuss
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Lucid Dreaming/OBEs etc.
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
CornishAromantic
post Oct 9 2016, 01:21 AM
Post #1
Taking everything now by the skin of my teeth until I learn
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I've come across this subject before and I find it extremely interesting but forgot about it until the above video came up in my YouTube and I watched it. It sounds too easy and simple to be true maybe but if your mind works like mine you might think, hey maybe it could work thinking.gif I haven't tried this yet - one does not simply get an easy chance when they don't live alone nocheer.gif but dreaming is something that fascinates me a lot, it's basically natural virtual reality made up of imagination and memories. The idea of being able to control them is a life goal tbh *.* I could spend hours researching this subject until I get somewhere with it. Apparently if you go deep enough you can actually visit people in their dreams but maybe that's too far fetched... or not? We don't know for sure - yet!

What stuff can you add to this subject guys tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Oct 9 2016, 02:18 AM
Post #2
//
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I've seen lucid dreaming defined simply as being aware that you're dreaming, not necessarily that you can control your dream, although you can try to do that and many lucid dreamers aim to do so. The former I have experienced, the latter I probably have not. For some reason for the past few months I haven't been able to recall a single dream after I've woken (they say you dream every night, even when you don't actually remember your dream, but I don't know if it's true), but yeah I have been aware at least once that I was dreaming, it was a few years ago - I can't remember if I tried to control my dream, I might have tried to with something really basic like deciding to turn left on the street in my dream or turn right, but it definitely wasn't anything special, I just knew I was asleep and dreaming, it was a very light sleep.

I'm fascinated by sleep paralysis (being in a state between asleep and awake, where you're conscious but unable to move or speak, often accompanied by hallucinations). I've never experienced it but I know people who have and it seems like the scariest thing!

+Quote Post
CornishAromantic
post Oct 9 2016, 02:22 AM
Post #3

Oh there's also those deprivation tank things that are set to basically "turn off" all your senses (e.g. It's usually put in a dark water tank which is body temperature and soundproof etc.) which cause you to go into a kind of state, I haven't researched this much but it's easier to do most likely laugh.gif

(I know I'm going off topic here but it's also something I wanna try wink.gif )

This post has been edited by clothespin: Oct 9 2016, 02:26 AM

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 9 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I am aware of my dreams and remember them quite often, but I don't think I've ever been able to control one before! That would be extremely cool.

+Quote Post
Вuzzjack
post Oct 9 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #5
Hello and welcome to Buzzjack!
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I was just thinking when I saw this title what has dreaming got to do with the UK Honours system laugh.gif

+Quote Post
CornishAromantic
post Oct 10 2016, 07:53 AM
Post #6

Colour me confused...

+Quote Post
Вuzzjack
post Oct 10 2016, 07:58 AM
Post #7
Hello and welcome to Buzzjack!
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(clothespin @ Oct 10 2016, 08:53 AM) *
Colour me confused...

OBE, MBE and CBE....

+Quote Post
CornishAromantic
post Oct 10 2016, 08:00 AM
Post #8

Outer Body Experiences wink.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Oct 10 2016, 02:09 PM
Post #9
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

ive not watched the video and i'm not sure entirely what lucid dreaming is (is it like controlling your dreams?) but I definitely thought when I was younger that if I thought of something in my mind or came up with the start of a story in my head before falling asleep, it would continue in my dream laugh.gif

Tbh I still do that on occasion but I very rarely dream/remember my dreams so it's a bit pointless now :') Dreams do facinate me though, my mum has a book on what your dreams mean and I've read it a few times (again, when I was younger) and it does seem pretty cool, idk how accurate it is though

This post has been edited by LINDSΞY: Oct 10 2016, 02:10 PM

+Quote Post
Bré
post Oct 10 2016, 03:29 PM
Post #10
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I've managed to become aware and control my dreams a couple of times. I usually wake up very shortly after this though laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Oct 10 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #11
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

These are the only "lucid dreams" I need to be caught up in ~

wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 09:02 AM