Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr. Bean, 1990-1995 (14 Episodes)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Sunday, 05:55 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Mr. Bean was a beloved TV charector from the 90's whose life brought joy to millions of viewers.

What I especially loved about watching Mr. Bean was the way he handled various situations, mostly on the social scale, and how hard he found it to blend in to society. He was a lonesome figure with a love for his teddy bear. His many different adventures and solutions to problems were what characterised him as a unique individual who you could somehow always relate to.

I've actually found that watching older episodes of Mr. Bean actually helps with my depression as I can really relate to his struggles to fit in and to deal with problems. I also love how he finds joy from the simplest of things like playing with toys in a shop to trying to go down a slider in a swimming pool. He wants to feel like a little kid, but people everywhere expect better of him, and he just can't adapt properly.

What are your thoughts on Mr. Bean?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Sunday, 06:12 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Comedy legendary there from Rowan Atkinson.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Sunday, 06:36 PM
Post #3
Commentless 7
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

LEGEND heart.gif I rewatched some of them recently and their still so funny. It's such basic comedy at it's heart, but it's so refreshing in it's simplicity and played SO well by Rowan. Mr Bean is actually one of the first things I think of when I think of things that are quintessentially British! laugh.gif I did watch it when I was a bit down as well, it definitely makes me feel nice to see someone so care free appreciating the little things in life more, it kinda stuck with me as I was growing up.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2016 - 03:36 AM