BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Parties at home.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Common Sense
post Oct 24 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Do you like putting one on? Do you think like me that it's too much hassle, stress and work for just a few hours?

Had one yesterday for daughter's 21st, for her friends and wife's friends too. BBQ too. Got 6 half full bottles of Coke and Fanta. Why can't they open one or two at a time? My fault for not keeping the others back until one's done. Can't see in the fridge for left-over food. Anyone for a spring roll? The young ones mostly stayed outside. I'm sure I could smell cannabis but wasn't sure. There were black bags for the barbecue kebab sticks, plastic plates, cans etc so why do I find so many amongst our flower beds? Also the cost. She did buy some bottles of spirits herself but I bought loads of beer,lager, cider and wine. Then there was the food.

Sorry for the rant but just finished tiding up. The dog beggared off upstairs and we hardly saw her, fed up of the noise and too many people I think. A little girl aged 2 thought it was great to pull her tail until she turned round and bit her, luckily not seriously. Last time she annoyed her. She got fed up and went to bed. Felt like doing the same myself.

By the way, how long do open bottles or red or white still wine keep? Should I drink it over the next few days? There are 4 about half full.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: Oct 24 2016, 04:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weiss Schnee
post Oct 24 2016, 04:39 PM
Post #2
it's a long way forward, so trust in me
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

I'm getting an image of you clutching back soft drinks and angrily pointing the hapless partygoers at the open one.

The leftover wine/food from parties is amazing, you'll eat well for the next few days. Wine should be fine for a few days if you keep the open whites refrigerated, just go at your own pace.

+Quote Post
Jingle Burbes
post Oct 24 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I actually hate it when people open a new bottle when the other one isn't empty mellow.gif

+Quote Post
angel_lotita
post Oct 24 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #4
#TittiTakeover
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(Burbe G @ Oct 24 2016, 06:01 PM) *
I actually hate it when people open a new bottle when the other one isn't empty mellow.gif

It means they both go flat quicker!!!

+Quote Post
mAddy Xmas!
post Oct 24 2016, 05:12 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

but isn't the reason why people open a new bottle because they assume the old one has no bubbles?!!

+Quote Post
Common Sense
post Oct 24 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I hate big bottles anyway. They never seem as fizzy as cans even when you first open them and go flat quickly.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 24 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Oh gosh hosting a party would be my idea of a nightmare! Though more so a house party type thing with alcohol. As fun as parties can be to attend, it always looks pretty stressful for the host having to deal with the cleaning up and whatnot.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Oct 24 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #8
I hate pans
Member No.: 16,660

My house is pretty much party central

+Quote Post
mAddy Xmas!
post Oct 24 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

well you guys are only concerned about after party clean up and what not...how about all the fun, music and drinks drugs before hand...I love house parties and I no mind doing a clean up next day or so and especially when a few friends stays to help you do that and have a talk how amazing party was, laughing at crazy moments etc etc wub.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 24 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

I guess I've just been to quite a few parties where some people have had absolutely no respect for the person's house, and that was quite off-putting tongue.gif But hosting could be alright with just really close friends or family I suppose.

+Quote Post
CHOCOLATE BANTA
post Oct 24 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #11
Memes multiple times day and night.
Member No.: 21,005

If I were social enough to host parties I would still not look forward to the tidying up at the end mellow.gif *locks doors and refuses to let anyone out until they help* heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Christmattias :/
post Oct 24 2016, 06:24 PM
Post #12
show ur id
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I could be social enough for the odd party. But all my few friends/family are sort of scattered around the country/world so it's not really realistic (not that I've never been to one lol). I end up drinking on my own mostly and just chat online laugh.gif I seem to be making some new ones through apps though.

Don't particularly mind tidying up tbh

+Quote Post
SᴀɴᴛᴀsLɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ
post Oct 24 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #13
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Pretty much all of the house parties I've been to are pretty chill, we just all congregate in one room, usually sit with music on, drinks, order some pizza etc. Very minimal clean up necessary wink.gif That's the kind I like going to, I don't really like the idea of the stereotypical 'seen in movies' trash the house, give no f***s, get as drunk as humanly possible kind tbh laugh.gif I think if ever I hosted a party it would be like the ones I'm used to going to, it's something I'd like to do at some point but I'm always worried nobody will show up and I do overthink it which is why I haven't already had one :')

I'd much rather go to someones house and drink than go out as well

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 24 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #14
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

We usually do pres before going out with a lot of people and that's bad enough to clear up, let alone say people staying all night instead of going clubbing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 24 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #15
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(LINDSΞY @ Oct 24 2016, 07:28 PM) *
Pretty much all of the house parties I've been to are pretty chill, we just all congregate in one room, usually sit with music on, drinks, order some pizza etc. Very minimal clean up necessary wink.gif That's the kind I like going to, I don't really like the idea of the stereotypical 'seen in movies' trash the house, give no f***s, get as drunk as humanly possible kind tbh laugh.gif I think if ever I hosted a party it would be like the ones I'm used to going to, it's something I'd like to do at some point but I'm always worried nobody will show up and I do overthink it which is why I haven't already had one :')

These are the kind of ones that have put me off. One party I went to someone got so drunk that they started causing damage to the washing machine in the house, plus threw food everywhere and eventually it ended early 'cause of noise complaints. I'd be way more inclined to host a chilled/gathering type party that you mention, with close friends I actually trust and not loads of random blind drunk +1s. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tinsel Boy
post Oct 24 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I've held 2 parties ever. The first five years ago just before going out for the Christmas night out and the clear was painful.

The second a few weeks ago as a birthday/housewarming. Much more civilised and less clear up. Really enjoyed it and everyone loves my brand new house.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 24 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #17
Commentless 7
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

My uni house in third year hosted two house parties, it was...not something I'd really wanna do again (ignoring that one of them I actually got lucky so to speak wink.gif), particularly not with the clean up the next day and forcing drunk people out at 5am, having the whole house smell like alcohol and cigarettes the next day and breaking up couples having sex on your bathroom floor and in bedrooms magic.gif

I don't mind house parties at other houses though, I can mingle for a bit and when things start to get a bit rowdy just go home, not that I've been to any in a long time, this thread makes me long for the uni days.

+Quote Post
Weiss Schnee
post Oct 24 2016, 08:08 PM
Post #18
it's a long way forward, so trust in me
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(LINDSΞY @ Oct 24 2016, 07:28 PM) *

I hosted one of these when I was 18 and it put me off parties in general for life, I'm definitely not hosting one without proper organisation again. I went in way over my head and organised something that had too many people coming with too much alcohol and quickly devolved into chaos as I'd decided to not have any older adults around. The cleaning took days and I had to hunt down people to pay for damages.

However, it was considered the best party of the year. As it probably would be by people of that age.

Big house parties are always bad for me anyway because it's hard to talk to anyone so I just tend to hang around a bit awkwardly. Small gatherings are always better.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 25 2016, 02:08 AM
Post #19
I'm a 90s baaaaaaby
Member No.: 19,534

Heck yes to small gatherings. I quite like hosting, used to co-host with my brother and we would generally keep it to about 10 people. Plus we were never actually in the house, there's a barn that was converted into a party space and it works so much better to have everyone in one big room, no worries about anyone sneaking away or getting into bedrooms. We almost always keep it alcohol-free which helps a lot laugh.gif Furniture did get broken a couple of times, nothing worse than that. When I'm cleaning up I'm always amazed at finding water bottles that were opened with maybe two sips taken and then left behind the rest of the night. It's just water but still, what a waste!

Leftover food is the best though! It makes cleanup more fun for me when there's snacks left to eat. laugh.gif Sometimes it is a pain trying to fit it all in the fridge though.

QUOTE(spinning adam~ @ Oct 24 2016, 01:59 PM) *
If I were social enough to host parties I would still not look forward to the tidying up at the end mellow.gif *locks doors and refuses to let anyone out until they help* heehee.gif
laugh.gif !

+Quote Post
Common Sense
post Oct 25 2016, 07:54 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Riser @ Oct 25 2016, 03:08 AM) *
When I'm cleaning up I'm always amazed at finding water bottles that were opened with maybe two sips taken and then left behind the rest of the night. It's just water but still, what a waste!

Leftover food is the best though! It makes cleanup more fun for me when there's snacks left to eat. laugh.gif Sometimes it is a pain trying to fit it all in the fridge though.

laugh.gif !

You mean they'd drunk from the bottle? Best to throw it then.

Our fridge is bursting to the seams but food keeps a week. Wife's Filipino friends took some bbq kebabs, noodles and spring rolls home. It's their way, invite 50 and cook for 200 and everyone gets a doggy bag! Same if we go to a Filipino party, get food to bring home for the next 2 or 3 days too. Had some English and Indian food too. The samosas went very quickly.

Daughter said one lad had some weed but she told him to put it away in case a neighbour smelt it and called the cops. I know the smell now as keep passing people smoking it when I take dog out at night.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: Oct 25 2016, 07:56 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 10:13 AM