BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obsession, discuss
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
mAddy Xmas!
post Oct 26 2016, 05:43 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,666

I won’t ask if your obsessed, I know you are lol but what is your level of obsession? Do you consider yourself being obsessed about anything?

I actually have tendency to be obsessed about things not going my way, to the point where people have to remind me that why am I so obsessed...and the worst part is that it all happens without me realizing it. Then after I realize that, I start overthinking and have unwanted feeling. It usually gets better by next day and luckily people I love and care don't mind my obsession.

Share yours wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CHOCOLATE BANTA
post Oct 26 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #2
Memes multiple times day and night.
Member No.: 21,005

Yeah I can get obsessed over most things that I love, although eventually I usually get bored of it and move to another thing laugh.gif idk how long my bj obsession will last, or if it's different to past obsessions :shrug:

+Quote Post
twentyonemdh
post Oct 26 2016, 10:14 AM
Post #3
crap at finishing things
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Music. I'm completely obsessed with music, in fact nearly everything in my life revolves around it, come to think of it. ohmy.gif

I did think I was obsessed with Buzzjack in the past but it's just a hobby, although I'd find it hard to live without as it's a form of escapism from real life.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Oct 26 2016, 10:38 AM
Post #4
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I have such an obsessive personality! It's unreal.

I get obsessed with a song in particular and can play it on repeat for hundreds of times. I get obsessed and immersed into TV shows and such like too. I don't really care or thing it's too much of an issue.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Oct 26 2016, 12:07 PM
Post #5
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Gaming is a bit of an obsession with me, going so far as refusing to shower in the evenings because I'd rather have that extra 15 minutes on the PS4 (I do shower mind, just in the mornings instead laugh.gif).

I've also started getting up like 6am on Sunday just to get that extra few hours gaming in before I do stuff with Camden in the afternoon.

This post has been edited by Oliver: Oct 26 2016, 12:09 PM

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Oct 26 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #6
All songs should have a chart run like the NHS Choir
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I'd say I'm obsessed with the charts (and the lack of movement in them laugh.gif ) although I'm never fully obsessed with a single song as they become boring for me very quickly.

I also get obsessed with certain TV shows, and the occasonal sport.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Oct 26 2016, 12:47 PM
Post #7
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I talked about this in a thread I made before I think but yea I have a bit of an obsessive personality too, at least when it comes to my interests in music and TV shows. I can rarely simply like a program or band, I've got to throw my entire mind into it, find out as much as I can as quick as I can. Honestly the ability to binge watch things is a curse as much as it's a blessing as once I've started I can't stop, finishing that show is my top priority, even over sleep sometimes kink.gif Now that I'm more aware of how hooked I get on these things, I'm more cautious about when I start watching them, it's part of the reason I've not started watching things like The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad yet as there's a lot of seasons and I just can't trust myself to pace it laugh.gif Characters are my favourite part about TV shows and I can become rather attached to them (see Commander Lexa from The 100) but I've experienced the cruelty of bad writing for my faves one time too many at this stage so I try and not fall in love with fictional beings. There will only ever be one Heda.

Paramore were my sole obsession for many many years, everything was about them, especially in 2012/13 but now that I listen to so much more music I don't tend to get bogged down on one band too much. PVRIS and Tonight Alive are the closest I've got to 2013 Paramore stan Lindsey level in recent years laugh.gif If I find a band or album or even song that I'm obsessed with and adore, I will play it on repeat for weeks though kink.gif

This post has been edited by HΞDA FROM HΞLL: Oct 26 2016, 12:49 PM

+Quote Post
popchartfreak
post Oct 26 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

obsessive when in love, in terms of not being able to think about anything else and stressing about it instead of being rational, and also when stressed obsess about health until it's obvious it's depression not actually a medical problem.

Logic doesn't work, sadly, with emotion.

Don't really get obsessed with other stuff, I just enjoy them for what they are. Some see my ongoing personal charts as an obsession (45+ years-worth) but I just see it as a record of what I love at any given time and I enjoy doing them and looking back fondly and see how my tastes change (or not). Everyone who has never done a personal chart is, of course, just very disorganised in their appreciation of music laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 26 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I did have a very obsessive approach to things a few years ago but I think I've calmed down as I've grown older. When I used to be into things, I couldn't just like it - I had to go the whole way and build collections. Take Glee for example, I started becoming a bit obsessed with that aged about 13. Watching the show all the time then expanded into buying all the music and related merchandise, becoming an admin on Glee Wiki, reading fanfiction etc. I went through a lot of these kind of phases. Right now I'd say that music is the only thing that comes close to an 'obsession' as I do pretty much listen to music nearly all the time.

+Quote Post
Aquamaqueesha
post Oct 26 2016, 03:21 PM
Post #10
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Glee fanfiction.......

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 26 2016, 03:22 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Some of it was actually quite good!!1

+Quote Post
Aquamaqueesha
post Oct 26 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #12
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

praying for you

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Oct 26 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Jade-o-Lantern @ Oct 26 2016, 04:08 PM) *
I couldn't just like it - I had to go the whole way and build collections.

This just reminded me of my peak Twilight obsession when I bought Twilight t-shirts, bags, jewellery, badges, gloves etc kink.gif And went to see the third movie three times in the cinema (the first time, opening weekend, probably dressed in all the above merch).

Other obsessions have been Lady Gaga around the time of The Fame Monster and Born This Way, Glee during the second season, Eurovision (still very much into it but I think I was even more into it around 2009/2010). Taylor Swift when she has an era in full flow, One Direction when they were starting out (had to go to their first arena tour twice because I got tickets to one date, they added another and the even better seats were too tempting laugh.gif)

Don't know if I have a current one, maybe going to the cinema since I went to see 100 different movies last year and will come close this year too.

ps. Jade, stop stealing the Halloween themed name that would be more suited to me pirate.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Oct 26 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I love having obsessions and I've always had something on the go my whole life. These days it's Star Wars and music as constants but various TV shows rotate in the mix.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 27 2016, 02:38 AM
Post #15
I'm a 90s baaaaaaby
Member No.: 19,534

I definitely had a series of various obsessions while growing up--baseball to Pokemon to Neopets to Full House to the charts and various music obsessions--but for the past couple years I haven't felt particularly obsessed with anything ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Christmattias :/
post Oct 27 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #16
show ur id
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I overlisten to certain songs (often it'll be whatever I have entered to one of the ongoing song contests on here) so sometimes I might say or think 'yeah I'm obsessed with this song right now', but beyond that I don't think I really get obsessed with my interests. In fact I always feel like I could go way deeper into whatever I'm interested in at any given time. For instance, I like photography but I don't even have a favourite photographer.

I guess I obsess over little things that really don't matter though and I wish my brain would shut the f*** up sometimes

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Oct 27 2016, 03:46 PM
Post #17
long hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I find it very easy to get obsessed with certain music artists and TV shows, it's part of the fun for me really! Goes all the way back to when I was younger and such a huge fan of S Club 7 as a kid, I literally talked about nothing else kink.gif it's definitely a phase kinda thing though, I'll obsess over something for a few months and then move onto something else. Definitely nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned though!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 06:42 AM