BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is your home town like?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh.
post Nov 1 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,692
   No Gallery Pics

Bedford ^

I guess none of us look at our home towns very favourably but from an objective viewpoint, what is your home town really like?

I come from Bedford and it's pretty much like every other reasonably sized UK town really. It has the nicer areas and the ones you'd want to avoid but I guess there's plenty of stuff to do nearby even if not in the town centre itself. There are easy road or rail routes to the likes of London, Milton Keynes and Brighton if you ever want to venture out a bit.

The town centre is nice enough, we have a fairly picturesque embankment area and there's a nice mix of historical and modern things. There's all the usual shops but unfortunately we're lacking a HMV which is sad, we have all the other best shops like Greggs (x2), Game, Poundland, Costa (x2) and Waterstones and we are also getting a newly built cinema and restaurant complex in the town which I'm looking forward to.

It's an alright place to live but I've always preferred the buzz and excitement of things and people so nearby in a city environment. Newcastle was definitely the best place I've ever lived and I hope to go university in a large city too.

This post has been edited by Josh.: Nov 1 2016, 05:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Nov 1 2016, 05:19 PM
Post #2
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Members
Member No.: 15,367

Blyth. Drug capital of the north east.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 1 2016, 05:23 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

My hometown is Watford! We didn't live in the greatest area ever (our house in Northampton now is far nicer) but I have fond memories as a child there. The shopping centre was great (they do have an HMV!!) and the parks were fun near me. Though I only lived there until I was about 7 so I could tell you far more about Northampton as I've lived there for 12 years now tongue.gif Northampton isn't really the most exciting place ever but the best things to do here are going to the town centre (some good shops, a theatre, the famous shoe museum, clubs etc) or Sixfields with the football stadium, Cineworld, bowling alley and restaurants. There are definitely some not-so-nice parts of Northampton but the estate I live in is quite nice. I guess we're mostly known for shoes, our rugby club The Saints and for being the original scary clown trendsetters.

+Quote Post
CHOCOLATE BANTA
post Nov 1 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #4
Prefer not to sleigh
Member No.: 21,005

Lots of beaches, countryside walks and a small town half an hour walk away.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Nov 1 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #5
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

This is 'The Village' which is the only original thing that is left in my town (East Kilbride) since industrialization. laugh.gif It's lovely but I feel it is becoming more and more busy with new houses being built constantly and lots of random shops popping up everywhere.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Nov 1 2016, 06:03 PM
Post #6
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Nov 1 2016, 05:23 PM) *
My hometown is Watford! We didn't live in the greatest area ever (our house in Northampton now is far nicer) but I have fond memories as a child there. The shopping centre was great (they do have an HMV!!) and the parks were fun near me. Though I only lived there until I was about 7 so I could tell you far more about Northampton as I've lived there for 12 years now tongue.gif Northampton isn't really the most exciting place ever but the best things to do here are going to the town centre (some good shops, a theatre, the famous shoe museum, clubs etc) or Sixfields with the football stadium, Cineworld, bowling alley and restaurants. There are definitely some not-so-nice parts of Northampton but the estate I live in is quite nice. I guess we're mostly known for shoes, our rugby club The Saints and for being the original scary clown trendsetters.

geri

+Quote Post
WiseManFromLeeds
post Nov 1 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #7
You don't see many angels on night shift
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Leeds city centre is always loud because they're always building something (probably another shopping centre, ANOTHER one popped up a few weeks back), although I don't go into the middle much nowadays. The buses are always late (don't know whether this happens everywhere but on some days it shows up 15 minutes later than it's meant to).

On a more positive note, there are ton of museums which are kind of interesting, and there's the Leeds Country Way (62-mile footpath) which gets you out of it a bit.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 1 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(jakewild @ Nov 1 2016, 06:03 PM) *
geri

Oh yes, Geri Halliwell is all u need to know about Watford *.*

+Quote Post
Jingle Burbes
post Nov 1 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Birmingham - a no go area according to Fox News because it's overrun by Muslims.

+Quote Post
Merry ChrisMears
post Nov 1 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Andrew Sleighs
post Nov 1 2016, 08:41 PM
Post #11
60% amazing
Member No.: 21,161

I've lived all my life in Aberdeen, and there are some nice parts (the west-end) but the council are useless and the city centre is so run down with nothing really new there since Union Square in 2009 and a new pound shop seems to open on Union Street (pretty much the busiest street in the city) every week laugh.gif

There was meant to be a big development with the city gardens a few years back (there was a city referendum and yes won) but the council ignored the result and have basically done nothing to the city since.

+Quote Post
Taylor Jago
post Nov 1 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #12
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

My home town is Northampton. Much like most UK towns really, nothing particularly exciting, but it's a nice town.

+Quote Post
SᴀɴᴛᴀsLɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ
post Nov 1 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #13
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't call East Kilbride "lovely" Cameron kink.gif

It's only real purpose has always been to accommodate Glasgow overflow in population meaning it's pretty much all houses. It's a pretty big town but its basically all housing schemes and flats. There is a shopping centre and it used to be really good but for a good number of years now it's been really run down and shit and used as a meeting spot for all the towns junkies etc, every time you visit, something else has shut down. They're currently doing it up though, making a big food court area where shops used to be so that might be pretty good laugh.gif we have a retail park and a loch which is probably one of my favourite places in EK as my gran took us there a lot so I have good memories attached laugh.gif it's awkward to get to though without a car which is mainly why i don't visit much when I'm home. There's a couple of sports places too, three high schools (it did used to be five but they merged a few) and there's idk how many primary schools, quite a lot. East Kilbride is made up of a number of areas, Calderwood, St Leonards, The Murray, Westwood, East Mains, West Mains, Greenhills, Whitehills and Stewartfield (i think that's all of them) and each of those local areas are designed to be their own entity, so there's all the essentials, small shops, schools, a park etc in each one which I think is kind of cool. When I went to high school it was like meeting with all these people from other towns but really it was just that they were from another area of the same one :')

Like Cameron said, there's also The Village which is the only part of the original town still existing. Actually, I think that was the whole of East Kilbride at one point and everything has just built up around it over time. I love it because it's the old cobbled streets and buildings, it's all shops and takeaways etc now but it's still great to have the original buildings. I only really go down to the village for the train station tbh tho laugh.gif

East Kilbride really is a residential town so it's not somewhere I'd recommend to spend a day as a tourist or whatever but it's a decent enough place to live or grow up, although I do prefer Perth a lot more tongue.gif I think my favourite thing about EK is that it's only a 30/40 minute bus journey from Glasgow kink.gif

This post has been edited by ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ: Nov 1 2016, 11:35 PM

+Quote Post
Riser
post Nov 2 2016, 03:34 AM
Post #14
I'm a 90s baaaaaaby
Member No.: 19,534

Love this thread and all of the pictures!! More please wub.gif

I actually look at my hometown very favorably, I've been here my whole life and, while objectively it's nothing special, I couldn't be more proud to live and work here! And it's quite pretty this time of year as you can see.

So I live right in the center of town, in the top picture you can see the fire station and a pizza shop on the left, and a bank on the right with the schools behind it. We're the only town in the county that has kept its own schools, the others have had to merge with other schools. I graduated in a class of 99; the overall population's about 8000. My church and my work are both across the street from my house so I don't venture very far everyday. The traffic light there was the only one when I was born and now we have six. The university down the street has had major growth in the past five years. Despite that it's a mix of rural and suburban areas which I'm very fond of.

Not much in the way of entertainment though. There's one country bar/club that's very popular, but otherwise everyone drives to Kent for a proper night out. Only a few places to eat too but they're mostly great!

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Nov 3 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #15
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

Hometown | Felixstowe
Felixstowe is a fairly nice seaside town, it's relatively quiet and has the largest container port in the UK. The town centre is pretty nice and there's a fair bit going on at the beach around summer time, but apart from that there's not an awful lot going on. Nightlife is awful, there's one club and it's a dive...

Current Town | Ipswich
Ipswich is about 10 miles down the road from Felixstowe. It's your typical large town, decent array of shops in the town centre, development ongoing around the marina and a reasonable selection of bars. For a half decent night out, it's a good idea to travel to Norwich or Colchester though. There's often a lack of things to do, and 'big' artists don't often perform here favouring Norwich (in terms of other large East Anglian places).

+Quote Post
Silas
post Nov 4 2016, 12:44 AM
Post #16
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

What are we counting as home town? Place of birth or where we grew up? Coz my answers are rather different laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 09:15 PM