BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has 2016 been the worst year for the world in its existence
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofHorrors
post Nov 20 2016, 04:49 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 13,007

Forget the UK top 40. So yes it's been a pretty SHIT year. Celebrity deaths, CHOICE political decisions and a seemingly never ending furore of negativity. Has this been the worst year globally of your life so far? Obviously I can think of a few years back in the late 1930's that were a fair bit more devastating but in my lifetime, I can think of another year that has left me feeling so shit about the state of the world. sob.gif

AND IT'S NOT EVEN OVER YET. Could it get any worse?

(have you had a good year personally though away from this crap or has it all been doom and gloom)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Nov 20 2016, 04:51 PM
Post #2
I was starting to worry if I was living in a simulation.
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Harambe
Bowie
Prince
Muhammad Ali
Christina Grimmie
Pulse Nightclub
Brexit
Trump
Leonard Cohen

Even the number 2016 has me triggered

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Nov 20 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265
   No Gallery Pics

Euro 2016 was a poor tournament and West Ham left Upton Park for the soulless Olympic Stadium...

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Nov 20 2016, 04:54 PM
Post #4
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Short answer - no.

There's an interesting article about this here. 1348 & 1919 seem to have 2016 topped.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 20 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #5
All songs should have a chart run like the NHS Choir
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

If we ignore all news (that hasn't directly affected me yet), it's been the best year in which I've lived. I feel like I've grown in confidence and become a lot more social throughout this year. I've also tried to turn over a new leaf and be nice to people, which makes me feel better. (and obviously I found Buzzjack tongue.gif )

For news though, it's been awful. I can see 2017 being worse though, as the consequences of Trump and Brexit fully come into play.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Nov 20 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #6
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

Looking back at 2016 we'll probably think it was pretty bad but living through it hasn't been much different tbh! Idk some of the big political changes of this year haven't really affected me/my bubble yet other than the dodgy post-Brexit exchange rate we have going on and majority of the celeb deaths (iirc) have all been people who are fairly old - it's only the premature ones that get to me! Personally I feel, just like 2015, that I've grown so much as a person this year and that I'm very comfortable with who I am and what I want to be and I'm well set up to make 2017 another great year biggrin.gif

Harambe jokes we can definitely leave in 2016 sleep.gif

This post has been edited by Klumzee: Nov 20 2016, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
Weiss Schnee
post Nov 20 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #7
it's a long way forward, so trust in me
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Nov 20 2016, 04:54 PM) *
Short answer - no.

There's an interesting article about this here. 1348 & 1919 seem to have 2016 topped.

Was hoping someone would post something like this. 1348, or at least the Black Death event itself, immediately sprang to mind. Actually, compared to most of the years listed in that article, 2016 can't hold a candle, although that's partly because there's been very little natural disaster and huge loss of life via an epidemic or something, 'merely' several terrorist attacks, lots of famous people dying and political systems failing. That last one COULD be very significant if the trend continues in future years but if this is the bottom out for crazy political things then strange as it may seem, then that actually makes it a better year overall than if it's a continuing trend that goes into future years.

And yet I've felt a bit apathetic to the troubles of the world ever since June 23rd numbed me out. It's been good for me personally though, I've kept growing in confidence and advancing through my life goals, and there have been no shortage of news to read so I'm not getting bored.

+Quote Post
Dancember
post Nov 20 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #8
future bass fisherman in a tropical house
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

2016's been a shit year but definitely not the worst ever. I think 2017 will be even worse seeing as Trump will actually be in office and Brexit will start to take proper effect.

The day of the US Election was also the day of my nan's funeral so that week was particularly sad.

+Quote Post
CHOCOLATE BANTA
post Nov 20 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #9
Memes multiple times day and night.
Member No.: 21,005

Yeah, in terms of the outside world it's been rather crap with what's been mentioned already. Personally, well I'd say I've had ups and downs all year as there's been great highlights and great downfalls for me, so I guess it's been more of a rollercoaster year than the worst.

+Quote Post
Christmattias :/
post Nov 20 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #10
show ur id
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

(oops I thought this was a poll for some reason haha kink.gif)

The world hasn't had a great year and neither have I, socially, personally, emotionally, whatever (there have been some great things though!). There were times where I let it out to people, including here on occasion, but yeah.. I always feel like I bring the people around me down when I talk about whatever ~misery~ I'm experiencing... And then having all the things in the external world going on as well doesn't help on a personal level either. I hope next year is better <3

+Quote Post
twentyonemdh
post Nov 20 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #11
crap at finishing things
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

It's been the best year of my life without a doubt, but not in terms of news.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 20 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

2016 has been a bad year in my lifetime in terms of what's going on around me in the world. I've certainly felt more frustrated at the world than before - for example decisions like Brexit and Trump becoming president. I'm not sure if it's the absolute worst though, last year was bad too in that it made me feel quite afraid to live in this world when the Paris Attacks felt so close to home. This year is still fresh in my mind so I'm going to remember the bad things that happened a lot more as they were recent. But it has been pretty doom and gloom in terms of the world so it can go down as one of the worst in my lifetime, I'd be here for a while determining the absolute worst.

In terms of my personal life it's the best year of my life so far. I'm in an extremely happy relationship (first long-term one), I've finally embraced who I am rather than just constantly wishing I was someone else, I ended up getting good results for my first year of Uni and second year seems to be going well so far. I've just felt like the happiest version of myself so despite the crap that's happened around the world, 2016 will definitely be a memorable one (in a good way!) for my personal life.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Nov 20 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #13
Commentless 7
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think I've lived through a year that's been as gloomy as this one, maybe 2001-3 but I was too young to really pay attention then. It feels like the culmination of years of hidden tensions have just exploded with the political results this year, and I do think it's made clear a big division in the World and that the current system isn't working anymore, I hope this leads to each side understanding each other so things can calm down eventually, but I can see the next few years being very hard. Ofc. the big celebrity deaths have been an additional tragic circumstances.

Personally, it's been probably the hardest year yet for me and I don't wanna say too much as there's still a lot to happen over the next month, but I feel like I have made steps towards my own personal goals and made some new friendships which has made me satisfied, at least for now.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Nov 20 2016, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
CHOCOLATE BANTA
post Nov 20 2016, 05:31 PM
Post #14
Memes multiple times day and night.
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Mattias @ Nov 20 2016, 05:09 PM) *
(oops I thought this was a poll for some reason haha kink.gif)

The world hasn't had a great year and neither have I, socially, personally, emotionally, whatever (there have been some great things though!). There were times where I let it out to people, including here on occasion, but yeah.. I always feel like I bring the people around me down when I talk about whatever ~misery~ I'm experiencing... And then having all the things in the external world going on as well doesn't help on a personal level either. I hope next year is better <3
I do get what you mean by this, and I do tend to think the same way so I'm not really as "open" to sharing those kinds of things, but in the end it's the best thing to do 99% of the time. I/(we?) think that talking about "misery stories" to others would just make them feel just as bad but I think that's just a misconception and at the end of the day they would rather listen to those stories all day long if that's what it takes to solve the problems of a close friend wink.gif

I would also like 2017 to be better tbh laugh.gif gimme a job I like and get myself travelling maybe funky.gif cheer.gif lots of things I never knew existed in the UK alone, then, if I can eventually afford it, outside UK destinations could be on the cards ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Emperor Blizzard
post Nov 20 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #15
I live at the top of Buzzjack Mountain, in a shelter hit by rain
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Haha copying my thread idea laugh.gif

In all seriousness, yes it has been a worrying year in politics.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Nov 20 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #16
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

I'd probably have 1939 as a slightly worse year than 2016 personally. Politics wise I feel like 2016 is representative of the start of the maelstrom and all the shit will hit the fan in the next few years.

So, basically, IT'S ALL GOING TO GET WORSE!

+Quote Post
Emperor Blizzard
post Nov 20 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #17
I live at the top of Buzzjack Mountain, in a shelter hit by rain
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Nov 20 2016, 04:51 PM) *
Harambe
Bowie
Prince
Muhammad Ali
Christina Grimmie
Pulse Nightclub
Brexit
Trump
Leonard Cohen

Even the number 2016 has me triggered

Jo Cox too you forgot on that list.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 20 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #18
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Personally 2016 has been good, I managed to get a first in my first year of uni and topped off becoming a lot more sociable and confident, which started with going to uni. Some of that is questionable for the past couple of months but maybe that's a blip, overall it's been good.

Politically and socially it's been far less good :') Hate has prevailed and we've been rolled back decades in some respects, with Brexit and Trump and it looks like Le Pen will continue that in France in 2017... And then we've had tragedies like the Pulse shooting, and Christina Grimmie's death was the biggest celeb one that really affected me because I was a fan, she was so young and both could have easily be prevented but that's another can of worms about US gun laws drama.gif But yes, it's true this is just going to be the catalyst, 2016 was the year of bad decisions that will lead to even worse consequences over the next few years, so we'll probably think that this little period coming up is going to be the worst of our generation politically.

Even culturally, I feel like there has been less good music than last year, less good TV (sub par series of Big Brother and X Factor, silly things like that). Pokemon Sun & Moon means it will be better for gaming though *.*

+Quote Post
Tinsel Boy
post Nov 20 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #19
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

It may just be a coincidence but I've personally found 2016 quite challenging particularly at work. The fact that the world outside my life is also going to shit doesn't help one bit.

The one good thing to come out of it has been buying my house, although that came with a good few months of stress too!

Bring on 2017 tbh.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 20 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #20
All songs should have a chart run like the NHS Choir
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Emperor @ Nov 20 2016, 05:38 PM) *
Jo Cox too you forgot on that list.

Jo Cox was terrifying especially since it happened close to where I live

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 11:52 PM