BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Who Do You Think You Are?' returns
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post Nov 20 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

This is one of my fav shows, and the new series starts this Thurs on BBC1 at 8pm.

Cheryl 'whatever her latest surname is?' tongue.gif is due to feature at some point in the series, but not this week.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richie
post Nov 21 2016, 08:52 AM
Post #2
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

What I really love about the show is that it's not about the celebrities, but their far more interesting ancestors and the history they lived through. It means I'm actually looking forward to seeing something featuring Danny Dyer and Cheryl Whateverhersurnameisthisweek

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Nov 21 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #3
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

I wondering how many celebrities they have to reject in order to pick 10 with interesting enough ancestors?

Or they could do it the other way round - pick someone famous, then trace their descendants. I wonder how many descendants Charles Darwin has by now, for example?

This post has been edited by vidcapper: Nov 21 2016, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post
richie
post Nov 22 2016, 08:18 AM
Post #4
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 21 2016, 03:53 PM) *
I wondering how many celebrities they have to reject in order to pick 10 with interesting enough ancestors?

I've heard several have been told that they didn't have anyone with a big enough story. I guess that means that anyone who actually makes it into the archive rooms should prepare themselves for a surprise or two.

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Nov 21 2016, 03:53 PM) *
Or they could do it the other way round - pick someone famous, then trace their descendants. I wonder how many descendants Charles Darwin has by now, for example?

Heh heh, probably easier to do it the other way round. They'd still want a celebrity at the other end.

I'm guessing Darwin himself didn't descend from Adam and Eve though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 06:41 AM