BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Belarus · Eurovision Song Contest 2017, National final possibly 20th January // Jury returns
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Nov 25 2016, 12:53 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Belarus

???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Nov 25 2016, 12:53 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Belarus will be one of the first countries to select their entry as they have been for several years in a row now, and their national final is tentatively due to be held on January 20th. After various accusations of sim card buying (surely not? ohmy.gif), the jury will return for a 50% say in the final result:

https://escxtra.com/2016/11/06/belarus-nati...d-jury-returns/

A change this year is that they are "doing a Moldova 2015" and allowing any old person to take part and consequently various Russian artists and some Baltic artists have reportedly sent in their submissions so far. Auditions will be streamed online for our enjoyment in a couple of weeks time! Apparently a famous Russian composer said he would write a song for a Russian artist to participate in Belarus with to show appreciation for Belarus showing support to Russia during the Olympics controversy a few months ago - we shall see if that materialises!

+Quote Post
LexC
post Nov 30 2016, 04:35 PM
Post #3
unofficially fabulous
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,342

Melodifestivalen announcement not enough for you? Well then, aren't you fortunate enough to have the 13 Belorussian finalists confirmed (here in convenient playlist form from the dingy Minsk studio)

LERMONT x JULIC - Heartbeat
Anastasiya Sheverenko - We'll Be Together
Nikita Hodas - Voice in my Head
Vadim Kapustin - On The Red Line
PROvokatsiya - #MYLOVE
July - Children of the World
NAVI - Historyja majho ˛yccia
Angelica Pushnova - We Should Be Together
Lexy Weaver - Be Stronger
Vladislav Kurasov - Follow the Play
NUTEKI - Take My Heart
NAPOLI - Let's Come Together
Kattie - Wild Wind

For some reason Belarus are really big on bands beginning with 'N' since NAVI, NUTEKI and NAPOLI have all been in the NF system before. Being the pilar of democracy that it is, I am absolutely certain that the winner has not already been decided. Definitley not.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Dec 1 2016, 01:26 PM
Post #4
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 11,955

NAPOLI :')

I shall be giving these songs a spin in due course.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Dec 1 2016, 03:57 PM
Post #5
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 11,955

I know it will come as a shock to you all when I say this isn't a brilliant bunch of songs, NAPOLI is probably the best actually laugh.gif But yeah, looking very likely that Belarus will be staying in the semis for the 3rd year running.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Dec 1 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Anyway I've checked out the "favourites":
- NAPOLI: Decent, I guess its more commercial than My Universe but it isn't as good. I quite like it though!
- NAVI: Pretty identical to their effort this year, but that's their style of music. Very pleasant and would have a chance of qualifying for being that uplifting acoustic indie type of music.
- NUTEKI: Now this would be Belarus' most professional entry probably ever, alongside Work Your Magic. The live audition was a bit of a car crash but the studio version is shockingly amazing even if it is a bit *too* Coldplay.
- Vladislav: This is solid enough but my least favourite of the 4, but it does sound like something that will win the selection. A slice of cool pop with a popular singer from X Factor Ukraine - even if he did fail in the semi-finals in the Ukrainian selection this year.

With jury returning, my instinct says Vladislav will get it ahead of NAVI. NUTEKI are potentially the biggest "deal" here but that live audition is worrying, I can see the jury dragging them down unfortunately.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 10:17 PM