BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Nightly Show, ITV entertainment show, weekdays at 10pm
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Christmas
post Nov 26 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #1
😶
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Starting in January, ITV will be moving its nightly news coverage to 10:30pm for eight weeks to make way for a new entertainment show titled 'The Nightly Show'. Inspired by the success of late night entertainment shows in the US, most notably that of Brit James Corden, the show will feature a "high tempo mixture of topical monologue, studio games, celebrity guests, experts and VTs". There will be a different presenter for each of the eight weeks with David Walliams hosting the first week. It appears that this may be a trial run for a regular show but ITV have also said that there are no plans to permanently move the News to a later slot.

Its funny that James Corden has thrown so much attention in the UK on the US daily late night talk shows and we are due one here. Of course we have things like Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross and the Last Leg but they're only weekly things. I'm interested in seeing what this show will be like but I'm not going to hold out much hope considering its ITV, no doubt that the regular ITV people will be turning up including some random TOWIE person making a regular appearance and that Keith Lemon will host one of the weeks. I would rather Channel 4 did something like this but we'll see how it'll turn out. Hopefully it's more of a success than Late Night With Rylan was earlier in the year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 10:30 AM