BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Punctuality
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mattias
post Dec 7 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #1
//
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

How often would you say you run late to appointments / work / lectures / or even just to meet a friend? What kinds of things make you arrive late? Do you get annoyed when others are late? Procrastination can tie into this as well so do you often leave work to the last minute, or are you someone who tries to start early and finish early?

Do discuss. I shall post my experience too in a bit magic.gif Spoiler: I've become less punctual and I don't like it lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Dec 7 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #2
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Great thread, I think though at it's core it should be "what excuses do you use when you are running late?" laugh.gif

I used to be very bad, but I'm better now I think. smile.gif

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Dec 7 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I'm often late to form mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 7 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I get so stressed about lateness so I make sure to always be punctual! I am usually about 20 minutes early for Uni every day (due to the availability of buses) but win win because it means I have time to get Greggs beforehand as well *.* I think I get it from my dad as he has always had a thing for being on time.

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Dec 7 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #5
//
   No Gallery Pics

I've run into the habit (which I'm finding it hard to get out of now, help me) of just not bothering to start getting ready to leave early enough which quite often makes me arrive to places up to maybe 10 minutes late and it's seriously starting to annoy me. It's not terribly late and I don't usually get called out for it but I know how annoying it must be and one of these days those 10 minutes could be the difference between something like me getting on a plane and missing one lol

As for the other thing, I'm not a huge procrastinator. I think I procrastinate only up to the time that I know it would be quite bad to still be doing that, so I keep an eye on myself and pull myself together quick enough happy.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Dec 7 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #6
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'm rarely ever late, I'm the sort of person that shows up far too early if anything laugh.gif If I'm meeting a group of people somewhere I'm usually the first one there etc. I rely on public transport a lot and there's a good chance something can go wrong so I like to give myself extra time to accommodate that if the worst should happen

Even to uni, I will leave an hour before I'm due to start, I usually get in 30-40 mins too early but at least it gives me time to grab a drink or whatever beforehand or get ahead with work, there's usually people from my course in early anyways angel.gif

+Quote Post
dead meme.
post Dec 7 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #7
Taking everything now by the skin of my teeth until I learn
Member No.: 21,005

I am usually on time, not sure HOW I am, I don't like being early to things as I just get bored etc. laugh.gif but if I'm not aware of how long it takes to get somewhere then I'll give myself time, I have my iPod on me most days anyway magic.gif

I am usually quite patient with others, as I mentioned, boredom, I just have to really think of why exactly they are late, if it's traffic or something out of their control fine, if they forgot about it then yeah it's annoying but I'd feel like a hypocrite to make a deal out of it as I forget everything myself but if they cba to even TRY to be on time then, well screw you xo

Oh and I am the procrastinating king king.gif

This post has been edited by CHOCOLATE BANTA: Dec 7 2016, 06:01 PM

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Dec 7 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #8
//
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(CHOCOLATE BANTA @ Dec 7 2016, 06:00 PM) *
if they cba to even TRY to be on time then, well screw you xo

soz angel.gif I'm working on this I swear xo

I did learn to start doing BJSC votes earlier lol

+Quote Post
l♀tita
post Dec 7 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #9
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

uni is making me AWFUL with being punctual. i always feel so bad when classes wait for me so they can begin

+Quote Post
dead meme.
post Dec 7 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #10
Taking everything now by the skin of my teeth until I learn
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Christmattias :/ @ Dec 7 2016, 06:04 PM) *
soz angel.gif I'm working on this I swear xo
!!! :')

I think maybe there's more than one type of "cba" in this sort of situation, do ya know what I mean unsure.gif (probs not lol)

I mean like, when you cba to meet a friend or cba to go to work one day

This post has been edited by CHOCOLATE BANTA: Dec 7 2016, 06:07 PM

+Quote Post
Brer
post Dec 7 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #11
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(Christmattias :/ @ Dec 7 2016, 05:59 PM) *
I've run into the habit (which I'm finding it hard to get out of now, help me) of just not bothering to start getting ready to leave early enough which quite often makes me arrive to places up to maybe 10 minutes late and it's seriously starting to annoy me. It's not terribly late and I don't usually get called out for it but I know how annoying it must be and one of these days those 10 minutes could be the difference between something like me getting on a plane and missing one lol

This is exactly me. I've been 10-15 minutes late to my early lectures a stupid number of times (like... about half the time probably?? lmao) because I keep underestimating the time it takes me to get ready and get to the lecture, I don't know why experience hasn't forced me to learn how to not be late yet lmao.

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Dec 7 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #12
//
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(angel_lotita @ Dec 7 2016, 06:05 PM) *
uni is making me AWFUL with being punctual. i always feel so bad when classes wait for me so they can begin

They actually wait for you? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Dec 7 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #13
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

In terms of other people being late, it really frustrates me. Like of course I'm cool with it if they've got stuck in traffic or have a valid reason ("I slept in" doesn't count) and I do have a lot of patience/understanding but to me its just like saying you're not worth planning for in advanced or remembering about or their time is more valuable than mine. Idk it's just rude when people are late for the sake of it, especially when you're meant to be meeting up to go out or whatever. One of my old friends constantly messed me about with being late any time we scheduled a catch up or constantly rescheduling, that plus some other shit implied that I really wasn't worth her time or effort in her opinion and I was just an inconvenience so I put an end to that one kink.gif

+Quote Post
UltraGreenLight
post Dec 7 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #14
To Be Young & In Love 💜
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

I'm usually always late wherever I go unsurprisingly laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Dec 7 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #15
too-too-roo
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(SᴀɴᴛᴀsL&# @ Dec 7 2016, 06:13 PM) *
In terms of other people being late, it really frustrates me. Like of course I'm cool with it if they've got stuck in traffic or have a valid reason ("I slept in" doesn't count) and I do have a lot of patience/understanding but to me its just like saying you're not worth planning for in advanced or remembering about or their time is more valuable than mine. Idk it's just rude when people are late for the sake of it, especially when you're meant to be meeting up to go out or whatever. One of my old friends constantly messed me about with being late any time we scheduled a catch up or constantly rescheduling, that plus some other shit implied that I really wasn't worth her time or effort in her opinion and I was just an inconvenience so I put an end to that one kink.gif

Definitely, definitely. I'm always one of the early ones (although the one time I wasn't and was normally a 'rushing to be exactly on time' person), sometimes way too early to an appointment or a meeting or whatever and if I'm meeting with other people sometimes they'll just show up so much later - and I mean, I'm easy with it, it's cool if I'm not waiting that long, but if I'm ever running late at all for a meeting with friends or something I try and message them to let them know and in my experience, other people aren't as good at doing that.

+Quote Post
T Boy in Weeyals
post Dec 7 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I am always really early for everything. I expect the same standards from my students.

+Quote Post
l♀tita
post Dec 7 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #17
feminist icon

QUOTE(Christmattias :/ @ Dec 7 2016, 06:12 PM) *
They actually wait for you? ohmy.gif

they do in german lit bc there's only 6 of us to begin with :') for politics obviously they don't as there's 150 of us haha

+Quote Post
l♀tita
post Dec 7 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #18
feminist icon

omg for my conversation class they dont tho which is AWFUL bc im always too early for it and have to spend the first ten minutes just talking 2 the teacher alone. that doesnt sound too bad but first thing on a monday morning having to hold formal conversation in grammatically correct german kills me :'(

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 7 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #19
The bank robbed the people so the people rob the bank
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Always early to things. Unless the bus is late, but that's not my fault (I get an early bus though).

I guess I'm not early to things that I know start 10 minutes after the starting time though laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Dec 7 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #20
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Mine is seasonal. I'm horrific at running on time in the winter, but come summer I'm so much better. Mainly because getting out of bed at all in the winter is cause for serious celebrations

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2017 - 02:57 AM