BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you do on Christmas Day?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
cqmerqn
post Dec 24 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

It's Christmas Eve already. blink.gif ohmy.gif I really can't be bothered this year, probably because it doesn't feel like Christmas.
My family will all gather round the grandparents' house which is where we stay all day.. Play a few games, watch TV (much to my disgust) and play bingo wub.gif

What about you? tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade 🐱
post Dec 24 2016, 03:25 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Christmas usually begins in our household by waking up early and vacating to the front room. We will then open our presents with Christmas music on in the background! The magic of Christmas has naturally waned as we've got older, for instance a few years ago me and my brother would still pester everyone to get up at like 5am, but it's still a pretty fun morning.

Christmas lunch is then usually served either at home or at my grandma's who lives very near us. This year we will be eating at hers! The Queen's speech and Top of The Pops are usually on at around this time - the latter is the only TV event I'm still strongly interested in on Christmas day, really.

The rest of the night will usually be pretty chilled in front of the TV. Until... we get Trivial Pursuit out *.* this sometimes alternates between Christmas and New Year's Eve, but whenever it will be - it will be a lot of fun.

Christmas is coming around quicker than ever, it doesn't feel like I've embraced the build up to the day as much as usual because it's gone by so fast!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 24 2016, 03:35 PM
Post #3
The bank robbed the people so the people rob the bank
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

We open presents in the morning, then go to church for the Christmas service. We then have family around, eat Christmas Dinner, and I host the Christmas Quiz biggrin.gif

Everyone leaves at about 4:00, then we have whatever's left over for tea/dinner/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. I'm then going to spend all the vouchers I got for Christmas/my birthday/Christmas last year/my birthday last year kink.gif

+Quote Post
Taylor Jago
post Dec 24 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #4
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

This year I'll unwrap my presents first thing in the morning, then breakfast. Following that I'll sort my presents, and likely eat some of the sweets and chocolates I may have received, then lunch is with my extended family at my stepfather's parents.

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Dec 24 2016, 03:48 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Not a great deal in honesty. Eat, Sleep, Eat, Repeat.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 24 2016, 03:54 PM
Post #6
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I'm at that age where I don't have kids and moved into a new house with the future wife and so am at the beginning of new Xmas traditions in a way as I'm not home anymore on Xmas eve to go down to the local and Coke home on Xmas eve etc.

I'm heading to my parents though on Xmas day for dinner and staying there that night just food and watching TV etc - we don't really do games.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 24 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #7
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Probably not much different to any other day just with a big roast laugh.gif I'm not hugely fussed this year at all, the roast and all the soaps will do for me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
T Boy in Weeyals
post Dec 24 2016, 04:06 PM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I will wake up (first Christmas since buying my house-yay). I may be alone or my sister might be staying over tonight. Either way I'll drive us 15 minutes to my parents' house and my brother will join. We'll exchange presents to Christmas songs whilst eating a breakfast of croissants and bucks fizz. This is what we've done every year except we all used to live in the same house and the dog has changed. My mum will get frantic about Christmas Dinner because she's invited her parents and they stress her out. My auntie and uncle could also turn up unexpectedly, we never get much notice. The rest of us have to distract grandparents whilst mum is in the iamspamspamamiand the usual film, games will be going on. My dad's siblings (all 5 of them) live close together and will try and fail to successfully skype us. We'll eat leftovers for tea, watch more telly. Grandparents will leave late and I have to drive back too.

I think Boxing Day might be at mine this year ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 24 2016, 04:14 PM
Post #9
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

I actually have bagels with creme cheese, scrambled eggs and salmon for breakfast after hearing your tradition T Boy!

This post has been edited by Steve201: Dec 24 2016, 11:06 PM

+Quote Post
common sense
post Dec 24 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Having wife's auntie and uncle (no relative really but closest friend she has over here) and daughter/bf with 16 month old girl who is a nightmare. At daughter's birthday she took a liking to trying to pull my CD's out of the racks!! rolleyes.gif So have put a long length of sellotape across them to fox her this time. They're all over the place at that age so the tree or my aquarium may be at risk as well. She kept pulling the dog's tail too and don't want her to bite her.

TBH I hate having people so am always glad when she's in Philippines which she was last year and will be next Christmas. I don't mind being alone at all. Had cheese on toast one year for my Xmas dinner! I prefer just us three when she's here but she always wants company, says it's boring with me.

Anyone going to midnight mass or is no-one religious here? Am a lapsed Catholic but haven't been to one for years.

This post has been edited by crazy christmas: Dec 24 2016, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Dec 24 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #11
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Christmas Day is always at ours, we used to wake up at the crack of dawn to open presents but now we all just kinda trudge down at midday kink.gif We open them, watch Top of the Pops, Queens Speech and then usually the film that's next on BBC (Frozen this year *.*) until we have Christmas dinner + dessert, which subsequently drains us all and we usually just have some kind of game (I think it's Poker this year, eek). We then kinda split off and me and my brother watch the Doctor Who Christmas special and my mum and dad watch Strictly and we all watch Eastenders *.* (and there's also Bake Off this year ;o).

Boxing Day is always at my grandparents, who prepare us a nice Christmas lunch and usually a game at the end (Worryingly, my grandma's apparently been getting worse with dementia and things aren't all rosy with her and my grandad so I hope that doesn't dampen things this year sad.gif). Not the most exciting day in the world, but kinda customary.

We sometimes see my cousins for another 'Christmas' a few days later and my aunt's always away so the actual family gathering is fairly small.

This post has been edited by Wombanta Claus: Dec 24 2016, 05:16 PM

+Quote Post
LexC♀
post Dec 24 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #12
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

We usually open presents in the morning and then people usually come round to our house for the day/Xmas Dinner around about the time that the Queen's Speech is on. Usually it's just my sister, her husband and kids as the additional guests but this year we're also adding my brother's fiance, my recently care-home'd Grandmother, my Aunt, my Mum's Cousin...and a small dog. That'll be glorious carnage I'm sure!

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Dec 24 2016, 05:16 PM
Post #13
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

Eat, Drink, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Slleep. And watch TV, some great TV watching tomorrow, TOTP, Bake Off, Dr Who, Frozen with the kids, and Eastenders

Bit depressing for me at times, its my first year without my grandfather, sadly passed away earlier this year (August), I miss him.

+Quote Post
irn bru travy
post Dec 24 2016, 05:19 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,135
   No Gallery Pics

My family's in a bit of a transitional stage right now. We're all older now, so our past Christmas traditions have all kinda gone out the window. But this year, we're doing lunch at my grandmother's house with that side of the family, and then over to my sister's house for a late dinner with the family members most of my family doesn't like laugh.gif

+Quote Post
l♀tita
post Dec 24 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #15
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

since my parents got divorced i've always had two christmas', the 25th with my mum, the 26th with my dad! double the roast dinners *.*

My mum doesn't really have any family so we usually spend christmas day just the three of us (my brother as well!) although on a couple of occasions we've spent Christmas day at a friends house which is always lovely of them to invite us over ohmy.gif it's been quite a hard few months for my family so this year we're just looking forward to staying home and actually having all three of us properly together, as i'm ofc living away atm, and my mum and brother both work laugh.gif we're going to make some prosecco cocktails, eat loads of food and watch whatever good is on TV!! present giving will happen, but we all know what we have got each other, my unwrapped present from my brother has been on the kitchen side since I got home last week laugh.gif !!!!1 (speaking of which I still need to wrap his, which is also on the kitchen side kink.gif)

Christmas with my Dad also varies, last year was just a roast dinner at his but I'm hoping this year there'll be a bit of a family gathering as I haven't seen either of my grandparents for AGES cry.gif I'll most likely be with my step mum's family tho as my dad is living there atm. i have NO idea what kind of boxing day/christmassy traditions they have there but guess I'll find out! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Dec 24 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Pick my brother up in town (who doesn't drive), bring him home to the parents. We then exchange presents and go out to Christmas lunch back in town. On the way home, drop my brother back at his flat with his presents.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Dec 24 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(bah... humbug... @ Dec 24 2016, 05:16 PM) *
Eat, Drink, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Slleep. And watch TV, some great TV watching tomorrow, TOTP, Bake Off, Dr Who, Frozen with the kids, and Eastenders

Bit depressing for me at times, its my first year without my grandfather, sadly passed away earlier this year (August), I miss him.

Sorry to hear about that! Hopefully your grandfather is in a better place now.

-----------

As for me I will be having a meal with family and I will watch Top Of The Pops and force myself to watch EastEnders as something special might happen.

On that note the standard of TV for Christmas this year for me seems to be a lot worse than usual, is there anyone else who feels the same way?

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 24 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #18
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

There's really nothing much on tonight they aren't showing any of the usual Christmassy movies on the main channels like the Polar Express etc just comedy and soaps. Polar express was on ITV 2 and I watched it lol. Least ch4 showed the Snowman this afternoon!

+Quote Post
common sense
post Dec 24 2016, 10:50 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(bah... humbug... @ Dec 24 2016, 05:16 PM) *

My first without my mum too. sad.gif

+Quote Post
common sense
post Dec 24 2016, 10:52 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Dec 24 2016, 10:32 PM) *
There's really nothing much on tonight they aren't showing any of the usual Christmassy movies on the main channels like the Polar Express etc just comedy and soaps. Polar express was on ITV 2 and I watched it lol. Least ch4 showed the Snowman this afternoon!

Enjoyed Blankety Blank, hope it gets a full series, then Corrie.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2017 - 09:05 PM