BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2k17 resolutions
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Dec 30 2016, 01:19 AM
Post #1
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

A tad early I guess but since the Lounge has been pretty reflective lately, I'm taking it upon myself to post this extremely predictable topic as I've just thought of my own... Better get it in writing before I forget.

I'm gonna be more impulsive, try not to think things through so much and just consentrate on the now as I've developed this habit of always panicking about what's coming next rather than just enjoying what's happening now, especially with new experiences etc

I'm a very honest person but I can be closed off so I'll be working on that and not being afraid to be open and my entire self around people irl

Wbu? Xoxo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Dec 30 2016, 01:53 AM
Post #2
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

I think mine is to stop not doing things just because I'm scared. I feel like I've missed out on quite a lot of good things this year out of fear and it's stupid because usually there's nothing to be scared about. I've been trying to change that recently by telling myself if the only reason I'm not doing something is because I'm scared then it automatically means I have to do it, but then I would just be all "it's not because I'm scared, I just don't want to do it" laugh.gif so no more of that!! that and speak up more, usually I keep my opinion to myself and it's developed into not even forming an opinion in the first place in case people don't like it, but that's wrong and I want to change that, so those are my two resolutions!

+Quote Post
JosephGutierrez
post Dec 30 2016, 02:51 AM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I definitely need to speak up more, I'm way too quiet (more so in real life) and need to ensure that my voice is heard rather than letting others just talk on my behalf while I can't get a word in edgeways drama.gif

Otherwise, could probably do with getting a bit more exercise in! sad.gif plus of course, continuing to live the #longhairdontcare lifestyle x

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Dec 30 2016, 03:03 AM
Post #4
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I need to be a bit more confidence in real life and here. I often feel as if I should be quiet as thats what I am used to be but I need to start airing my opinions and standing up for myself more.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Dec 30 2016, 04:04 AM
Post #5
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Get even more sexy
Slay harder
Quit smoking
Work out more
Quit being a whore

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 30 2016, 04:29 AM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'll say the usual eat better and get a bit more shape but I'm already internally cackling at what a fail this is and 2017 hasn't even started.

I think just stop closing myself off from everyone when I feel down is a big one. It never helps, it makes me feel worse, but I do it every time laugh.gif Also I'd like to get better with time management, I've already somewhat improved as I submitted an essay nearly 3 weeks early for once, rather than the night before, because I realise I have so much else to do and can't keep putting it off.

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Dec 30 2016, 08:59 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Cut down on my drinking. Haven't had all that much over Christmas, compared to past Christmases.
Lose a bit of weight. Haven't put any on over Xmas and even seem to have lost a few pounds without trying!
Eat a bit healthier so lots of veg.

Try not to wind people up on Buzzjack. smile.gif

This post has been edited by crazy christmas: Dec 30 2016, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Dec 30 2016, 09:09 AM
Post #8
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Same as every year I guess, trying to be more confident and trying to be nicer to people. smile.gif

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Dec 30 2016, 09:27 AM
Post #9
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 30 2016, 02:51 AM) *
I definitely need to speak up more, I'm way too quiet (more so in real life) and need to ensure that my voice is heard rather than letting others just talk on my behalf while I can't get a word in edgeways drama.gif

Though speaking your mind here can cause problems, as I know only too well... teresa.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Dec 30 2016, 10:54 AM
Post #10
Buzzjack Custom Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I don't call them resolutions really, but there are a few things I just want to do next year, such as stop being late and maybe join the gym that's really close to my house, cos I've let my domestic exercising routine go astray~

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Dec 30 2016, 11:03 AM
Post #11
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidsanta @ Dec 30 2016, 10:27 AM) *
Though speaking your mind here can cause problems, as I know only too well... teresa.gif

There's a difference between speaking your mind and being offensive.

Towards resolutions, I think that most of the things I should change about myself are things other people have already mentionned. I should definitely open up to people, and I should engage in conversation more instead of just listening to what other people say. Also, perhaps I should try to drop bad habits, and try to eat healthier. Generally I think I should stop being so scared of being judged and be happier in life.

Also, perhaps I should start going out more and organising more things. I tend not to do much during the holidays, which is something I want to change in 2017.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Dec 30 2016, 11:49 AM
Post #12
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not always in to resolutions.mone thing I learned this year is that you can't simply plan how your year will go.

The only thing I'll committ to is something that I know I can control which is to continue getting fit and healthy. I didn't really start that until mid April last year and I was doing really well. It collapsed a bit over the past couple of months but I will renew everything come January and continue to shift those pounds.

+Quote Post
Maurice
post Dec 30 2016, 11:56 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Not going online when drunk. unsure.gif
Enjoy my life a bit more is a good one I think , life is too short anyway.

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Dec 31 2016, 10:02 AM
Post #14
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I think for me the main thing I want to achieve is to be debt free, but to be realistic, and specific, my 2017 goal is to reduce my total debt by 75%, which I've worked out is manageable. smile.gif

I also need some inspiration guys...

Martyn's "Hobbies" thread got me thinking of a couple of things I'd like to do.

I want to learn to do something new in 2017, but I can't decide what. I don't think it would be a physical feat or to learn an instrument but maybe something more unusual like to learn morse code (which I know is pretty useless).

I'd also like to make something in 2017 from start to completion as a personal project. smile.gif

I need some inspiration though, any ideas? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Dec 31 2016, 10:28 AM
Post #15
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I need to start saying "No" to people. I'm so afraid of upsetting people or rocking the boat that I end up saying "Yes" to anything that's asked of me, and it's getting me absolutely nowhere. It's making me hate my job because I don't have the balls to say "no, I can't do this because I'm busy", and instead I'm like "yeah of course, I'll just juggle it with the ten other things I've said yes for". drama.gif

That and the usual eat less, exercise more thing that everyone "does". laugh.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Dec 31 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #16
On This Day in P!nk History...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Mine are the usual try to be more active and more sensible with money. I want to start walking more in 2017.

Also adding to it this year to not give a shit about clothing sizes, I've clothes ranging from size 10 to 16 in my wardrobe and all fit me fine, but when I buy something which is a bigger size I start to feel down about it. So from now on when buying clothes I will try them on in the shop and not care what size I have to buy smile.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jun 7 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #17
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'm feeling nostalgic so I was looking through old topics I made, it's half way through the year, how are y'all doing with these? angel.gif

I've still not got the whole "stop overthinking things and panicking about what's coming next" thing down, I might have even gotten worse with that ooops. I have been more open with people though, I've even went as far as telling my best friends I'm bi laugh.gif of course with being more open it has backfired a few times about various things but I've been okay with that, which is cool I guess :')

I've still got six more months to work on STUFF though, it could still be a good year *.*

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 7 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #18
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

None of mine really happened lmao

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 7 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #19
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(*Tim @ Dec 30 2016, 04:04 AM) *
Get even more sexy
Slay harder
Quit smoking
Work out more
Quit being a whore

Only the last didnt really work, it lowkey got worse

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 7 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #20
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Oh I never posted in this thread, mess! Mine would have been something generic like "get healthier" or something anyway. Which... I am still flopping at :') Going to get back on the treadmill soon though, the thought of stepping into a gym slightly terrifies me so it's lucky that we have one in the garage.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 03:51 AM