BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apply to be a Lounge Moderator, questions within
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Iz~
post Dec 30 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #1
consentes dei Juno Jupiter Minerva
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

Good evening Lounge denizens, I hope you're having a good evening as we move towards the last day of 2016.

As you probably know, HausOfKubrick (Bal) is leaving his post in the Lounge and we're very pleased to see some interest already in that thread for his replacement, all that comes with the role is prestige and responsibility so it's great we still have people with an interest in effectively being one of the heads (Rushmore style, where I'm definitely Theodore) of this little community. However we'd like to quantify who is actually going to apply and we also want to get an excellent team together for 2017, so we've got some questions for all applicants to answer.

If you've applied before, don't worry about reusing lines or ideas you've used before, we will be judging applications on their merit to today's Lounge.

Questions:

1. Please say, in however many words you'd like, why you'd like to become a Lounge moderator (I know some people have already expressed this in Bal's leaving thread, reuse that if you think it's a good piece, we'll be looking at these applications on their own)

2. One of the key 'jobs' of a Lounge mod that everyone is aware of is running popularity contests about twice a year + the Awards. We're all very expectant of their skills to put together a convincing and humorous results presentation on time. Now, it's your turn. Give me an example of your version of a Buzzrate commentary for any member. (you may make up chart positions and whatever else you may like, this is primarily to get a taste of your style of writing)

3. The Lounge runs on ideas to keep its citizens entertained. You need to be able to throw bread and circuses to keep the masses sated. And we know many of you have ideas. Please detail, in full or in part, an idea you have to boost the Lounge's activity so we can all have a bit of fun. If you are successful, the first thing you'll be doing as Lounge Moderator will be putting this event into practice. The existing Lounge Mods and management will be available to help you plan this out. Battle Of The Duos or Mafia are probably prime examples but it doesn't have to be that big or even original, just fun and within your ability to actually run (and if you are not successful but have an idea, and this is in general, PM the Lounge Mods and see what they have to say about you running it, more ideas being put into action are always welcomed)

4. One of the key plans for Buzzjack 2017 will be the long-awaited return of Teams. Whoever gets the position will be taking a lead role in getting that organised. For the uninitiated, Teams splits the regulars of the Lounge into 4 Teams who, with access to their own hidden forum, battle each other for glory through a variety of tasks, including quizzes, social media tasks, treasure hunts and aliases. For this question, I'd like you to come up with a task that the teams can attempt together. Like with the regular Lounge idea, this doesn't have to be big but something that could work as a competitive task between four teams of internet people who are definitely taking this seriously. (Again, the successful mod will be helping run Teams at some point during 2017 so it's best to be prepared and think of things to do during the fun period because that's probably the main thing coming up other than the rate)

5. Enough with the ideas for now. That's one half of a Lounge Mod's job. The other half is, you know, moderation. I'm going to give you two scenarios similar to ones you may face and I'm going to ask you how you'd deal with them.
a) You wake up and see a number of new threads have popped up during the night. Most of them are spam-filled and potentially risky under the Google censorship rules. Some might be useful for fun discussion but you aren't sure. Many of them have been started and are being actively participated in by one of your closest Buzzjack friends (please pick the name of one of your friends to help you answer this question). How do you respond?
b) Your closest Buzzjack friend has done something again. They're getting into a very heated discussion with a less popular member and irrespective of views, insults are flying from both sides. How do you calm the situation and what steps do you take to punish those involved, if at all?

6. It's key that you'll be able to work well with the other Lounge Mods when you do pull together for teams and popularity contests. For Silas, Jade, Bré and Mattias, the current Lounge Mods, name a song each of them likes (clue: obscure is better) and if you can, say how well you think you'd work with them

That is quite a lot but this is definitely one of the most cornerstone forums of the site and we do want Bal's replacement to be able to fill his shoes and understand what goes into it. Don't be put off by the workload that seems apparent from here, just know that it does come in doses but there are times when you'll have to pull your finger out.

As it's quite a lot, I'm giving you until the 9th January 23:59 to PM applications directly to me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Dec 30 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #2
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Oh god, okay I'll be doing this tonight *.*

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Dec 30 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #3
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅsᴇ @ Dec 30 2016, 09:46 PM) *
Oh god, okay I'll be doing this tonight *.*

It's yours for the taking, I can't see anyone else more capable of fulfilling the role. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Dec 30 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Defo choosing Wimbledon for Jades song xox

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Dec 30 2016, 10:07 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I should stress that this isn't predetermined and that you shouldn't let people saying "X has totally got this" put you off from applying.

The whole point of these applications is to see who has the passion to be a good moderator. You don't need to be top of the posters chart, have the most friends, be well liked or have everyone think you're a shoe-in to get this job. You need to be someone who has a desire to keep improving this forum, someone who won't quit when the going gets tough or when a few cowards have a not-so-subtle dig at you without using your name, someone who can put the graft in knowing that a huge amount of what you do as a moderator is never actually seen (but they'll judge you regardless on what they can see) and you need to be someone that can separate your friendships from the best interests of the forum.

Some of Buzzjack's best moderators have been people who said "i've got no chance of getting this" or "I'm not sure I have the ability to do x,y,z". This is an online forum. If you can't back yourself here, what you going to do in real life? Y'all are capable of more than you think. (Positivity included! ohmy.gif )

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Dec 30 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #6
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

i have absolutely no intention whatsoever of applying but LOVE that application process and am astounded we never thought to do it that way all those years ago

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Dec 30 2016, 10:48 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Looking forward to seeing who gets it smile.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Dec 30 2016, 11:39 PM
Post #8
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(awardinary™ @ Dec 30 2016, 09:54 PM) *
It's yours for the taking, I can't see anyone else more capable of fulfilling the role. smile.gif

honestly I don't think so!! I can list at least five other people off the top of my head that would make good lounge mods, I can seeing someone unexpected snatching it tbh ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Dec 30 2016, 11:52 PM
Post #9
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

we also want to get an excellent team together for 2017

Well that's not gonna happen kink.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 1 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #10
Surfing in paradise

The Sugababes doesn't have an R.... wink.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jan 1 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #11
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

I did it via my tablet, I promise I'm aware and it was nothing but a typo cry.gif

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jan 6 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #12

As this has fallen off the first page, I'm going to bump it back up.

Thank you for all the applications so far, if you are thinking about it, have a go, you never know what might happen (something I benefited from when I applied for my first mod position here on a whim)!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 9 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

This closes in less than 24 hours guys so get working on your applications if you're interested!

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jan 9 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #14

Yep. Definitely what Jade said - keep sending more applications in, if you're thinking about it, definitely have a go! My inbox is far from being full and is very ready to pass on any more.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jan 9 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #15
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

"guys please give us better more options than what we've got" kink.gif

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jan 9 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #16
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I would've applied if it wasn't at such a busy time for me sad.gif Hype to see who is picked though!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 9 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #17
Surfing in paradise

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅsᴇ @ Jan 9 2017, 04:38 PM) *
"guys please give us better more options than what we've got" kink.gif

After you spelled Sugababes with an R what choice do we really have?

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jan 9 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #18
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silas @ Jan 9 2017, 05:55 PM) *
After you spelled Sugababes with an R what choice do we really have?

I was using my tablet I told you cry.gif I used to stan the SUGABABES when I was younger, Hole In The Head and Round Round were my JAMS if it helps teresa.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 9 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #19
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

She's lying.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jan 9 2017, 06:28 PM
Post #20
Surfing in paradise

Tablet aye? Even my iPhone can spell Sugababes correctly and even autocapitalise it! So I say "pah" to your excuse!

laugh.gif it does help my iPhone that there's like 600 entries in my iTunes of Sugababes...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 01:19 AM