BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter's not-at-all seasonal final chart of 2016, something i can't define, you are not mine // + links + chat
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
360Jupiter
post Jan 2 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

The year comes to a close – although I’m uploading it a little late – with the final #1 of the year going to Fickle Friends with Brooklyn. It’s been a good year of doing these, even though I only started halfway through. Maybe 2017 will be my first full year? It’s not at all seasonal, with its sunny poolside video, but it was only released a month ago so it’s definitely deliberate. Such a euphoric tune, though.

Brooklyn fends off strong competition from Sia’s Never Give Up, which I only discovered thanks to other posters’ charts on here, and Gabrielle Aplin, which I discovered thanks to the ‘what will be big in 2017?’ thread. It’s Fickle Friends’ first #1 track. New entries this week kick off with Chad Valley and Glasser at #12, the highest, and continue with Rachel K Collier’s Ships, Sinah’s Eyes Watery, Flume’s Trust featuring Isabella Manfredi, Work Drugs’ Talking in Defense, AK and Veela’s Parallel Worlds, Liz Loughrey’s Rise Up and Molly Kate Kestner doing her best Louisa Johnson impression on Good Die Young. There’s also a couple of re-entries as I play some older songs more while on my holidays! More on those, and chart moves in the next post; for now, here’s the whole chart list as it stands, counting up to this week closing off 2016:

01 Fickle Friends - Brooklyn [36-3-1]
02 Sia - Never Give Up [40-5-2]
03 Gabrielle Aplin - Miss You [37-4-3]
04 Young Summer - Heart in Slo Mo [16-9-4]
05 MUNA - Winterbreak [10-5]
06 MishCatt x Skolhaus - Another Dimension [28-8-6]
07 Annabel Jones - Asking for a Friend [34-7-7-7]
08 Carmody - For Desire [20-6-8]
09 The XX - On Hold [29-7-1-1-1-9]
10 Burak Yeter - Tuesday [32-11-10]
11 BlackPink - Playing with Fire [12-1-2-2-2-11]
12 Chad Valley ft. Glasser - Fall 4 U [N]
13 Kate Bush - Among Angels (2014) [29-22-13]
14 Rae + Christian ft. Gita Langley - Still Here [27-14]
15 Patty Crash ft. Kronic - Pictures [15-12-15]
16 Robin Schulz & Princess Chelsea - World Turns Grey [31-16]
17 RKCB - Enough [17-17]
18 Vaults - Bloodflow [27-15-18]
19 Becky Hill - Back to My Love [40-19]
20 Rae Sremmurd - Black Beatles [37-35-X2-20]
21 The Corrs - I Do What I Like [24-21]
22 Little Mix - No More Sad Songs [14-28-22]
23 Sinah - Eyes Watery [N]
24 Lady Gaga - Diamond Heart [36-36-13-14-24]
25 Rachel K Collier - Ships [N]
26 Peking Duk ft. Elliphant - Stranger [14-6-4-3-8-13-26]
27 Flume ft. Isabella Manfredi - Trust [N]
28 Work Drugs - Talking in Defense [N]
29 Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know [34-29]
30 Girl Blue - Fire Under Water [40-29-16-18-36-32-10-6-3-20-30]
31 Sleigh Bells - Champions of Unrestricted Beauty [18-21-24-X6-33-X1-31]
32 Keke Palmer - Hands Free [26-14-10-16-32]
33 Lady Gaga - John Wayne [25-25-30-X3-39-33]
34 Joan as Police Woman - Overloaded [21-22-16-17-21-25-34]
35 The Naked and Famous - Laid Low [21-35]
36 Liz Loughrey - Rise Up [N]
37 AK ft. Veela - Parallel Worlds [N]
38 Joe Goddard - Lose Your Love [23-X1-38]
39 Gypsy and the Cat - Paris [26-18-19-39]
40 Molly Kate Kestner - Good Die Young [N]

#1s this year:
AlunaGeorge - Mean What I Mean (1)
Britney Spears - Make Me (1)
Tove Lo - Cool Girl (2)
Clean Bandit ft. Louisa Johnson - Tears (1)
Dev ft. Nef the Pharaoh - #1 (1)
Empire Of The Sun - High And Low (1)
YoungR - Out Of My System (2)
Noonie Bao - Reminds Me (1)
Empire Of The Sun - To Her Door (1)
Sabrina Carpenter – Run and Hide (2)
Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul + Anne-Marie - Rockabye(2)
BLACKPINK – Playing With Fire (1)
The XX – On Hold (3)
Fickle Friends - Brooklyn (~)

Spotify Link to the playlist in full this week: click right here

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Jan 2 2017, 11:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
360Jupiter
post Jan 2 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

It's the first Empire of the Sun-free chart since the release of their latest album in October. Of the 14 tracks on the Deluxe version, 6 have charted so far - lead single High and Low and second single To Her Door (both former #1s), critic standout Friends, promo singles Way To Go and There's No Need, and bonus track Keystone. I've just bought Tove Lo's album Lady Wood, so expect a lot of charters from that in the next few weeks!

14 tracks have hit the top spot since July when I started these charts. Two acts, Empire of the Sun and Clean Bandit have doubled up in that field, with 2 #1 hits each. So far, no track has held the top spot for more than three weeks on the trot. Within the top 40, tracks typically stick around for 3-5 weeks, due to the changing nature of my playlists and the many new releases there are. Girl Blue's Fire Under Water bucks that trend in what will likely be its last consecutive chart week, its eleventh. It's been helped by being a slow burner, racking up a few plays every week to maintain its overall total. This week sees both The XX and BlackPink dropping from their top 2 strangehold to #9 and #12 respectively. There's only one new face in the top 10 though, as all the other tracks shuffle - that's Burak Yeter and Danelle Sandoval's Tuesday, a nice bit of eastern-euro EDM.

Chart moves-wise, Becky Hill makes a big jump into the top 20 with Back To My Love, finally hitting a surge after a late summer release. Kate Bush, Rae + Christian and Robin Schulz also vault into the top 20 just in time for the last chart of the year. With the exception of Chad Valley, all the new entries this week debut outside the top 20, but will perhaps see more success in the New Year:

#12 debut, Chad Valley and Glasser's second chart hit each. Previous charters; Chad Valley - Good Brains, Glasser - New Year (both 2016)

Sinah's chart debut debuts at #23

Rachel K Collier's Ships is her first solo charting effort. Rachel previously appeared on Boom Boom (Heartbeat) by Ray Foxx in 2013, a minor official chart hit too. This week's #25.

Flume's 4th and final chart appearance this year, following Never Be Like You ft. Kai, Say It ft. Tove Lo and Take a Chance ft. Little Dragon, as well as an uncredited production credit on AlunaGeorge's I Remember (track). Isabella Manfredi has one previous chart appearance - on Flume's The Greatest View from 2014. They enter at #27

A band I was a huge fan of in 2012 and 2013. They release frequently, usually 2 or so EPs and sometimes an album too every year. Generally chillwave in its purest form, now starting to take on some tropical elements, as well as Astronomyy- or Mr Probz-style indie production elements.

A bit of a reggae/ska/Gwen Stefani & Eve style to this one - even a bit of Side To Side! It's Liz Loughrey's first charter, debuting here at #36. Liz appears to be quite unknown on Spotify, Youtube, and LastFM, but the production and styling on this is pretty professional sounding.

Pure electronica-EDM on this one. Too niche for clubs, electronica in its purest form, with a fantasy/sci-fi edge, as is normal of Veela's lyrics. Good sound to it, creative, imaginative, synchronic. I like Veela's voice, and so I follow her career. Almost a K-Pop/J-Pop/anime soundtrack feel. Sneaking in at #37.

And another largely unknown to close us off. The most notable thing about this track is just how similar it sounds to Louisa Johnson's So Good - but maybe with a little more character. Any Louisa fans might want to give Molly Kate a spin.

Unfortunately, the nature of how I do my charts - and the fact that I'm a bit of a Grinch - means no Xmas or wintery songs firing up this week, with the exception of Ms. Bush's wonderful Among Angels. There is a mellow tone to some of tracks though - that's all the season will be getting from me! Jupiter out, for 2016. I'll be back later this week with the first chart of 2017!

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Jan 3 2017, 12:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2017 - 12:55 AM