BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morning routines?, How do you do yours?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Jan 16 2017, 05:40 AM
Post #1
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,473

I legit get up or at least try to get up two hours before work to give me time to wake up. I'll have maybe two cups of coffee before I leave the house and I'll go for a shower about an hour before I need to leave. I legit have the most simplest routine though. No moisturising or anything laugh.gif just some good old fashioned shower gel although no matter what I use on my face, since I gave up smoking I keep breaking out in spots so for the last few days I've taken to just scrubbing my face with hot water and rinsing with cold water and that seems to be helping!

Tell me what is your routine for getting ready in the morning?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 16 2017, 07:55 AM
Post #2
// some kind of Estonian crab
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Try not to sleep in Get up, have a small breakfast (a single banana will do usually haha banana.gif), drink one cup of coffee, usually check Buzzjack (I enjoy being on here in the morning for some reason, it feels sorta like when you're in the supermarket really early when there's barely anyone there, feels nice) and other sites/apps, shower, brush teeth, that's it really unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jan 16 2017, 08:06 AM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

Wake up and go on my phone for ten mins, brush my teeth, I then sort out my hair, do my makeup and have some tea wub.gif breakfast is optional then I get dressed and go, all in all this takes about 40 mins

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jan 16 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #4
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I try to get up a couple of hours before work too and leave 90 minutes before my start time so that I should be there about half hour early, give myself time to relax and eat when I get there and allows for transport going a bit wrong, but given my variety of shifts, this isn't necessarily a morning routine :')

I'll get up, make use of the bathroom, always eat something before leaving the house, normally only a breakfast bar, check Buzzjack and emails, get dressed..

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Jan 16 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #5
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

depending on what time I have to get up my routine changes. If I have a 9am I will shower the night before so I can get as much sleep as possible in the morning. If I dont have to get up until later I will still stay in bed as long as physically possible but I will leave around an hour to shower and get ready. I hardly ever eat before I leave either since I'm usually limited for time. I pretty much only leave time to get ready and then get to the bus, sleep is very important to me laugh.gif although I am always like half an hour early because when I say I have to leave its always so I get to uni in plenty of time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 16 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #6
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Buzzjack Beauty guru's to film morning routine video's pls laugh.gif

I usually wake up an hour before I need to leave - but I always leave an hour early in case something happens - ie, if I have a lecture at 10am I get the 9:02am bus which gets me to uni for about 9:25am. Or for work I will get the 9:14am bus which gets me to work for 9:25am laugh.gif. I always go for a shower as soon as I wake up, then do my hair so it sets and doesn't look a mess if it is windy or raining laugh.gif then the usual, getting ready, doing ironing, packing back. I usually stuff either porridge or cereal in my mouth and with have a banana and cereal bar before going into uni.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Jan 16 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Check my phone
Get dressed
Brush my teeth
Have a cup of tea
Breakfast
Then I leave

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 16 2017, 01:00 PM
Post #8
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I shower the night before too if I have a lecture that's too early, two of us in my house do that because otherwise in the morning everyone just spends more time waiitng for the shower than anything else laugh.gif Other than that I usually wake up about an hour before I have to leave because uni is only about 10 minutes away, I don't tend to eat breakfast oops, I normally take something with me or get a sausage roll from the bakery on the way to have in the lecture break. After waking up, I tend to just give myself like half an hour to properly wake up in which I normally just quickly check social media and news, get ready (so like get dressed, brush teeth etc) and pack stuff to take.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 16 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I never shower or bathe in the morning! Always the night before.

My typical morning routine will begin with side-eyeing my alarm (goes off at 8:25 on 3/5 days a week and 6:30 on a Thursday). Will barely ever have enough time to have breakfast so I usually get a soup from Greggs at Uni or a McDonalds breakfast if I have enough time after my first bus. I give myself like 5 minutes to wake up by going on my phone, then get up, get dressed and ready in general and then devote at least 20 minutes to my make-up haha - definitely the most time-consuming part of my routine. Then I need to catch two buses - one to town and then one from town to Uni, and I always get one bus earlier than I need just in case it doesn't turn up. So I usually arrive at Uni about 30 mins early so I can have something to eat and drink before my first lecture.

What even is a morning or a routine at the weekend? kink.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 16 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #10
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

see I need to shower in the morning because, as a ginger, my hair looks greasy af after sleep

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 16 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #11
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Similar to posts above, I'll shower the night before because I simply don't have enough time to shower in the morning. I get up at 6:45 and get ready, have breakfast, brush teeth & wash face, then spen whatever time I have left checking Buzzjack/other phone-related activities. I leave the house at about 7:37 to get the 7:40 bus (bc you can guarantee it'll be at least 5 minutes late heehee.gif )

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 16 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Y'all're so lucky. I usually wake up at just before 7 (by habit, not by choice - I could just as easily get up at 8.15 and be okay), and do the Spotify thing as soon as I get up if possible, and spend about half an hour on Buzzjack as I become more awake.

Then I'll have porridge and a cup of tea and do all my homework (yes, I do all homework first thing in the morning, which sometimes means getting up stupidly early), and get ready for around 8.20. I'll leave the house at 8.45 to get to school for 9 to meet my friends in the common room and have a chat for a while, before my lessons start magic.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 16 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #13
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

On a weekday, it's very quick, I'm normally up at about half 7, lay in bed listening to my alarm radio for a while then dragging myself up and getting dressed, clean my teeth and leave the house (and often feed my cat as he's up and about at that hour). I don't really have breakfast and shower the night before mainly as I'm half dead at that time and do everything about a thousand times slower so I'd run out of time kink.gif Do kinda need to change the former as I have a small lunch so am not really eating enough in the day. I walk to my placement college which is about an hour so that usually revitalises me by the time I'm there.

Mornings do not exist for me on weekends and holidays ;o

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 16 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 16 2017, 04:41 PM) *
Similar to posts above, I'll shower the night before because I simply don't have enough time to shower in the morning. I get up at 6:45 and get ready, have breakfast, brush teeth & wash face, then spen whatever time I have left checking Buzzjack/other phone-related activities. I leave the house at about 7:37 to get the 7:40 bus (bc you can guarantee it'll be at least 5 minutes late heehee.gif )

Do you live by a bus stop? Lucky!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 16 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #15
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mdh @ Jan 16 2017, 06:19 PM) *
Do you live by a bus stop? Lucky!

There's a bus stop pretty much every 20 metres in my town, you can usually see the next stop from the one you're at laugh.gif

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Jan 16 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I get up about 7.30 to let the dog out at the back and feed her. She won't let me sleep much longer after that time if I wanted to. Get wife's breakfast and heave a sigh of relief when she leaves for work at 9! Have a coffee first thing and watch either Sky News or ITV's GMB. Second coffee after 9 then watch Jeremy Kyle and then listen to Popmaster quiz on R2 at 10.30 then take dog out.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 16 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 16 2017, 06:29 PM) *
There's a bus stop pretty much every 20 metres in my town, you can usually see the next stop from the one you're at laugh.gif

Lucky! I have to walk ~10 minutes up a massive hill to get the 70 bus into town. There's also the 47 into town that comes hourly 7 minutes away, but that takes 45 minutes to reach the centre :,)

So yeah, it's kind of crap where I live - the horrible council house area of my town gets really quick, regular buses though for some reason.

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jan 16 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #18
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

There's only one bus stop in my town at home so it could be worse mdh wink.gif

In southampton I usually go to my uni which is a 5 min walk away from my halls because all the buses pass through the interchange laugh.gif I never look at bus times, I'm lucky that I can stand there and the bus I want will turn up soonish

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Jan 16 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I shower 3 times a week but always early evenings.

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Jan 16 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #20
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I have the worst morning routine! If my lecture starts at 9 my routine exists of getting up at 8:15, showering/shaving/brushing teeth, getting dressed and leaving the house basically. I always skip breakfast 'cause staying in bed longer is more important to me sad.gif.

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jan 16 2017, 03:49 PM) *
see I need to shower in the morning because, as a ginger, my hair looks greasy af after sleep

Is this a ginger thing? ('cause I have the same issue)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 10:11 AM