BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exams and Results 2017
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Jan 16 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #1
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

It has sadly already coming to that time where we have to worry about the often biannual pinnacle of academic stress - EXAMS smile.gif Yay. Some of you may not have things until summer, but share in here about your academia and get support, luck and reassurance, whether it's coursework, exams or tests.

I have a psychology exam in 4 hours (stupid time I know), which is on Clinical Psychology and Inidividual Differences. The latter is horrendous so I'm gonna have to absolutely ace the clinical question. Next Thursday I have social and developmental, normally I'd love social but our lecturer was awful so I am going to have to use the next 10 days to basically teach myself the entire thing again. This is not optimum timing for exams as I had two sociology essays and a psychometrics report that had to be submitted as coursework in the past week, although I did one of the essays like 3 weeks before thankfully.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Capybréra
post Jan 16 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #2
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Ah good idea to start a separate thread for this! Good luck to you as well Liam and anyone else who's doing exams right now.

I have a nightmare week of 5 exams in 5 days, just finished the first one and it went pretty horrendously (see here x). My least favourite unit Analysis is up tomorrow which I am absolutely dreading. The other 3 exams I don't think will be AS bad as these first two but I'm not sure I'll still have the will to live let alone put the effort in for revision by the time I get to them. My time management / work ethic has somehow got even worse than it already was this semester mellow.gif

[/overdramatic]

+Quote Post
danG
post Jan 16 2017, 01:14 PM
Post #3
Danvicii
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

good luck those of you who still has exams.

i don't have exams anymore but i just finished a assignment for uni and i think its gone awful mellow.gif barely understood the topic.

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jan 16 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Good luck everyone!!

Luckily (?) I only have one exam as my course is heavily coursework based. Sadly it's on German grammar which is EXTREMELY difficult as despite my German being pretty good, obviously literally every tiny word comes under scrutiny so I have to be careful cry.gif I have a writing section which is going to be on german/Swiss/Austrian stereotypes OR dialect and then I have a pure grammar section where I have to translate phrases from English into german. It's different tenses and I also have a section on prepositional cases drama.gif luckily the semester 1 grammar exam is 10%, but the semester 2 grammar section is 40% smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jan 16 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

I'm going to pick up the coursework which makes up the majority of the mark straight after so here's hoping I didn't f*** that up

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jan 16 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #6
Buzzjacks Resident Head c**t In Charge
Member No.: 16,660

I've got 7 exams drama.gif

I already cancelled 2 of them tho, so here's hoping I ace the rest. It should definately be doable as they're not hard to grasp, it's just a lot to handle in 1 exam laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jan 16 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #7
Buzzjacks Resident Head c**t In Charge
Member No.: 16,660

Good luck to y'all bitches

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jan 16 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #8
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Good luck exam people! Luckily I don't have any until May but it's final year so I'll probably be a ruin in a few months time.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Jan 16 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Don't have any until May

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 16 2017, 02:29 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My course is LITTERED with assignments every week so I just have the one exam in May. This is for the Law & Public Affairs module which is every bit as exciting as it sounds (well, the law part anyway). Really need to start revision much earlier in advance this year because I definitely fluked getting a good grade last year.

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jan 16 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #11
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 16 2017, 02:29 PM) *
My course is LITTERED with assignments every week so I just have the one exam in May. This is for the Law & Public Affairs module which is every bit as exciting as it sounds (well, the law part anyway). Really need to start revision much earlier in advance this year because I definitely fluked getting a good grade last year.

Law *.* I'm glad it's destroying the souls of people other than Law students.

+Quote Post
UltraRedLight
post Jan 16 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #12
Out Of The Black, Into The Blue.
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

Got my GCSE's this year so obviously busy year for me! Finished my mocks last week and gosh it was such a horrid week drama.gif So glad it's over though and most of them went well!

+Quote Post
Capybréra
post Jan 17 2017, 10:19 AM
Post #13

At the point where I'm just writing off my exam today as a spectacular failure and resigning myself to my fate (I don't know what exactly happens if I fail exams but I guess I'll find out soon). This unit is literally 100% incomprehensible gibberish.

+Quote Post
Harve
post Jan 17 2017, 10:22 AM
Post #14
cultural marxist
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

Scottish unis had their exams in December. This site's anglocentricism will be its downfall.

(But good luck everyone. January exams are always so much more sensible than doing exams the week immediately after teaching finishes)

This post has been edited by Harve: Jan 17 2017, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Jan 17 2017, 10:31 AM
Post #15
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I always preferred December exams rather than the insane pressure to revise over Xmas.

Though the month long revision period for may exams is a joke

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 17 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I got 21/60 in my French speaking after my mini-meltdown on here :,) Not gonna lie, I'm actually really happy with that score considering I had a mini panic attack when doing it. The IMPORTANT French speaking test is May - as long as I get over half marks THEN I'll be happy, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to achieve that considering I did practically zero revision for my recent one dance.gif

My friend got 2/60, by the way, so it's not ALL bad.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 17 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #17
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(burbe @ Jan 16 2017, 03:11 PM) *
Law *.* I'm glad it's destroying the souls of people other than Law students.

Lmao laugh.gif Yeah we mainly have to study law due to court reporting and knowing what we can and can't do as journalists. Last year it was Law & Ethics and this year Law & Public Affairs, I approve of the Public Affairs part this year as we at least get a trip to Parliament next month *.*

Currently got two Law essays to do for Friday in relation to Defamation and Contempt of Court scenarios. Must pluck motivation out of thin air.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jan 17 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #18
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(mdh @ Jan 17 2017, 02:56 PM) *
I got 21/60 in my French speaking after my mini-meltdown on here :,) Not gonna lie, I'm actually really happy with that score considering I had a mini panic attack when doing it. The IMPORTANT French speaking test is May - as long as I get over half marks THEN I'll be happy, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to achieve that considering I did practically zero revision for my recent one dance.gif

My friend got 2/60, by the way, so it's not ALL bad.

This is basically me in my Spanish A2 as well, I love the language but speaking, far more than anything else makes me feel SO nervous, I just feel awful. Really scared for the speaking this year, it just seems such a long amount of time to speak spontaneously for sad.gif

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Jan 17 2017, 07:32 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

My student days are long gone, but best of luck everyone with the exams and the coursework.

+Quote Post
Capybréra
post Jan 17 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #20

Really frustrated at myself. I 100% definitely failed my exam today and I'm very worried that now all of my exams are going to go terribly - I think I have the ability to do well in them, I've just been stupidly lazy all semester and left revision to the last second which hasn't given me anywhere close to enough time to prepare myself for the exams. Tbh I expected this to happen last year because I've always been far too lazy, but I somehow managed to skirt through that with a pretty high average. Of course my laziness comes to bite me when it actually starts counting. I want to believe I can fix this for second semester but I'm getting concerned that that will be too late and these exams are basically going to fuck me over for the whole course / my life. Send help

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2017 - 09:45 PM