BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What things have you saved from your childhood?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post Jan 21 2017, 03:25 AM
Post #1
Driving with my eyes closed
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I'm currently doing a major clean-out of my bedroom and going through an endless amount of stuff I've had since I was a kid, trying to get rid of some of it. It's challenging, I put a sentimental value on everything even if I haven't seen or thought about it in years. The main collections are probably all of my books and all of my Beanie Babies, over 100 of them. Also got piles of magazines, a couple drawers full of board games and 50+ baseball caps. I've got some tough decisions to make.

What are some of the meaningful things from growing up that you've held on to- stuffed animals, books, movies etc.???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
all is vanity.
post Jan 21 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #2
I will leave my heart at the door.
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,454

My Girl Scout vest, my doll named Lulu (she was my favorite), a charm necklace...I probably have some other things floating around as well.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jan 21 2017, 09:46 AM
Post #3
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Bought for me by my sister back in Summer 2002 when I was six years old. Still keep him in bed with me but long gone are the years he'd come on holiday in my case too laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jan 21 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #4
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

An awful lot, I attach so much (often meaningless) emotional value to things from my childhood, It feels so wrong getting rid of them sad.gif

My main two are my blankets with bears on them - 'Teddy' and 'Other Teddy' as my articulate younger self named them - I can't get rid of them if I tried, even if they're just sitting in my wardrobe gathering dust for the rest of my life. I also used to have LOADS of animal soft toys in my bed with me, there's a few that are still in there, mainly as I can't find any other place to put them (yes it is definitely not, what do you mean I still like sleeping with a teddy bear?)

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jan 21 2017, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 21 2017, 01:59 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I'm a raging hoarder so I have a fair chunk of stuff still kicking about. Most important is the Winnie The Pooh book I've had since I was a year old and my Winnie The Pooh bear I've had since I was like 2/3.

That bear is basically my prized possession.

+Quote Post
Jacobspam
post Jan 21 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #6
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I'm bad with hoarding thing, specific items that come to mind are my massive teddy I was given when I was like 1 apparently - at the time it was probably bigger than me. laugh.gif I still keep in my room (I still collect soft toys tbf oops). Lots of toys despite some getting lost/ thrown in house moves, lots of board games, old pc games, my wooden cat. wub.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jan 21 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #7
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I had tonnes of stuff at my dad's but he moved to Wales when he lost his house and everything in it so all we legit have is pictures and videos at my mums.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jan 21 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #8
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I've still held on to hundreds of my Beano comics and annuals from the 90s/early 00s (if anyone remembers my prior username, you'll know I was a very big fan of The Beano), which I just can't bring myself to get rid of, and I've still use the same talking alarm clock I've used since I was 11. It's traveled halfway around the world with me, that's how much I depend on it.

+Quote Post
Cody S. Berry
post Jan 21 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #9
bitch i don't need introduction
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I still have my own GameBoy Color and the original Pokemon Pinball tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JosephStyles🐶
post Jan 21 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #10
long hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I find it difficult to get rid of belongings even if I don't actually use them anymore so I have loaaaads of stuff from my childhood, most notably soft toys (and tbf, I'm still a huge lover of teddy bears now ph34r.gif), as well as old notebooks I used to write in (you'll generally find a list of the S Club 7 members in those x), and all kinds of odds and ends like bouncy balls and souvenirs from holidays. I did chuck a few things out not that long ago mainly because I needed to clear room though!

+Quote Post
LexC♀
post Jan 21 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #11
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

There's a silver box in the conservatory that has my many Thomas The Tank Engine toy trains that I played with to the point where most of them are worn out.

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Jan 21 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #12
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

I'm also really bad at throwing stuff out from my childhood, I feel like each thing is associated with a memory and when I look through my old stuff (which is never) I get to remember a lot of things that I have forgotten about, so if I throw something out it's like I'm throwing away the memory with it which I will never be able to think of again. Consequently, my wardrobe, drawers and under my bed is just filled with random stuff. Clothes are probably the worst, I have so much stuff that doesn't fit anymore or I wouldn't wear but I just pile it up in my wardrobe laugh.gif I really do need to have a clear out though, especially since I'm moving home in the summer and need to make room for all of my new useless things kink.gif

+Quote Post
lordita
post Jan 21 2017, 07:42 PM
Post #13
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

I can't really think of anything. I've moved houses so many times so every time a clear out happened so I've just kinda got to the stage now where I don't really have anything from childhood laugh.gif

+Quote Post
popchartfreak
post Jan 21 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

RAF child, Forced to dump stuff every time we moved (annually) so I've become also a "raging hoarder" to borrow a fab earlier phrase cool.gif

I still miss my collection of Sparky Comics, my Enid Blyton books, my collection of Singapore bus tickets...

I like collecting!

However, I still have my teddy (as old as me) and my cuddly dog Toby (I also had a real dog Toby, long-gone of course) - they are currently suffocating in a plastic bag under my bed (teddy is straw-stuffed and liable to fall to pieces). Have my toy cars (James Bond, corgi) and bubblegum cards (Batman, Monkees) and sweet cigarette cards (yes they used to encourage kids to smoke using sweets!) featuring UFO (TV show), Thunderbirds and other shows, and my Brooke Bond Tea card collections going back to the early 60's.

I'm hoping to get a Flashy Flicker from Ebay next christmas (my long-lost wall-projector to show my superhero strips on). It was a big toy back in the day...

Among many things laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Jan 21 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Probably a lot of clothes that I hope will fit me again one day. I am attempting to lose weight in order to actually use the stockpile of unused clothes.

Another thing is some old schoolwork that I did back in my primary years. All I can think of for now. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slick
post Jan 22 2017, 12:52 AM
Post #16
I got hot sauce in my bag, swag
Member No.: 70

I have quite a bit of completely meaningless stuff from my childhood which I was given when my parents moved house. Most of it I haven't looked at twice, but I would never get rid of it. I am too sentimental.

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Jan 22 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #17
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

I have practically everything saved laugh.gif clothes (football kits mainly), teddies, toys, books, magazines, vhs tapes, photo albums, school reports and work. My attic is filled with it all!

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jan 22 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #18
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,835

I have teddies and my old school shirt still not sure what else I have from my childhood

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 22 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #19
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I am hugely sentimental and terrible at getting rid of childhood possessions. I have all sorts from teddies, DVDs, letters and a folder full of all of my certificates. Plus clothes that hold good memories like my old karate uniform, gymnastics leotard, school shirt signed by fellow students from the last day of year 6 and costume I wore for a production of Bugsy Malone. My wardrobes and drawers are full of clutter to the point that it's pretty hard to open them laugh.gif One of these days I'll have a bit more of a clean out. Maybe.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 10:31 PM