BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lounge Quiz 13.2 // Never Mind the Buzzjacks, A Series of Unfortunate Music Clips
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Jan 22 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #1
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

(as ever thanks to Dandy* for the logo!)

HELLO you unfortunate people. If you are reading this now, I would strongly advise you to look away. What follows is only full of misery and dismay, dismay here means misery. If you want a more joyful experience, I would advise you to enter Mattias' Family Fortunes round or even close this browser, and run as far away from this device that you are reading this on. Now that I've warned you, I must reluctantly welcome you to the latest round of Never Mind the Buzzjacks!

The aim of this unjoyful game is to try your best at guessing both the artist and song from the instrumental clips provided in the above YouTube video. The clips each have their own corresponding number in the video and each one is worth 1 point (half points are awarded for naming either the artist or song correctly). There are 30 clips overall but there is a special bonus clip at the end which is worth 2 points (1 point will be awarded for naming either the artist or song correctly). This is a bonus as it is the only album track in this round.

If you've made it this far, its still not too late to close that x on your browser but if you're determined to suffer then PM me your answers (to Count Olaf) by 11.59pm GMT Monday 30th January 2016.

'Have a go' is a phrase that is used to push a person into entering something that they may have second thoughts about. If I were standing on the top of a waterfall preparing to follow my acquaintances and jump into the water below to search for a sugar bowl, I may experience doubts over whether I actually want to join in. If one of my acquaintances was with me at the top of the waterfall, they may tell me to 'have a go' and jump in. If they wished to be more forceful and ruthless, a word which here means cruel, they may tell me to 'have a go, you chicken-livered bugger'. As I have warned you, this round is only full of misery but if you do wish to enter, I can only recommend you to have a go.

- Jade
- DalekTurret32
- n4yr
- Chez Wombat
- Jacob Alan
- HarryEzra
- Mack
- Dircadirca
- Klumzee
- Taylor Jago
- Riser
- burbe
- Danuary
- Iz~
- The Bright Places
- PeteFromLeeds
- JSG

This edition of Never Mind the Buzzjacks is not sponsored by A Series of Unfortunate Events, now available to stream on Netflix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 22 2017, 08:01 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Excited to give this a go *.*

+Quote Post
Jacřb
post Jan 22 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #3
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Ah I've had a listen through just now, had a few great runs, knew the first four, a few more in a row in the latter middle but I've been caught out by a lot of them, hopefully I'll catch a few more on second listen. Great round btw, there are some absolute BOPS in there and actually a lot of the ones I didn't know sounded great, will be interested in seeing what they are next week. I'll send in my answers in a few days I think, might catch a few more in that time.

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Jan 23 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #4
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Count Olaf @ Jan 22 2017, 07:58 PM) *
HELLO you unfortunate people. If you are reading this now, I would strongly advise you to look away. What follows is only full of misery and dismay, dismay here means misery. If you want a more joyful experience, I would advise you to enter Mattias' Family Fortunes round or even close this browser, and run as far away from this device that you are reading this on. Now that I've warned you, I must reluctantly welcome you to the latest round of Never Mind the Buzzjacks!

hahaha yes love this laugh.gif I recognised so many songs but have no idea about most of the titles and artists, this may take a while..

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 23 2017, 01:37 AM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Entered! I enjoyed this round so much, Froot! I think I have got 18 right here with a possible 19th that I wasn't too confident on. I got the first 8 songs here in a row and felt like I was on such a roll, but then all went downhill after that laugh.gif

#2 was bugging me SO much but then the artist eventually clicked and it was such a relief when I worked out which song it was, because I would've kicked myself so much if I hadn't have got that laugh.gif 14 and 20 are really bugging me out of the ones I didn't get.

The inclusions of #7 and #11 here really made me smile and there were lots of other good picks too. Can't wait for results!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 23 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

yey thank you Jade & Jacob, definitely had a lot of fun making it and took some inspiration from your two rounds as well!

QUOTE(The-BrightPlaces @ Jan 23 2017, 12:16 AM) *
hahaha yes love this laugh.gif I recognised so many songs but have no idea about most of the titles and artists, this may take a while..

That means I've hopefully done my job well! When that's the case, some of them normally hit me when I return to them later. All I can say is to have a go because relevant guesses can often turn out to be correct as I've learnt from previous rounds!

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jan 23 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #7
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

It always makes me laugh seeing my name in the opening post as if the logo is a work of artistic genius.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jan 23 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #8
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

I mean obviously it does have a ring of Aeroche style presentation to it admittedly.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jan 23 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #9
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

Oh and in a bid to emulate dear Princess Lotti, I'm going to triple post and declare my adoration for the opening paragraphs of text. Expertly done. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 24 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #10
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jan 23 2017, 07:43 PM) *
It always makes me laugh seeing my name in the opening post as if the logo is a work of artistic genius.

I considered making a new one but I couldn't bring myself to break a long-standing tradition (which INCLUDES thanking you for your 30 second piece of work) laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 26 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #11
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jan 26 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #12
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,835

I shall get on doing this

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 28 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #13
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jan 28 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #14
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,835

Finally Got round to sending some answers I know I am gonna kick myself over some I can tell!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 28 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #15
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

Recieved such a pitiful number so far and so I'm expecting a lot over the next 48 hours. The deadline will not be extended!!

Just have a go if you're not sure, just answering anything is a lot better than nothing. Let's get the community spirit back on the site, there seems to be such a reluctance for people to enter stuff over the past year.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 28 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #16
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(Count Olaf @ Jan 28 2017, 10:58 PM) *
Recieved such a pitiful number so far and so I'm expecting a lot over the next 48 hours. The deadline will not be extended!!

I think I had about 9 entrants for mine until the last couple of days, I guess people tend to mull over their answers for NMTBJs a lot as they usually require multiple listens. So I'm sure this will have a good turnout in the end. It better do anyway... come on guys, get entering - this is a fab round!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 28 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #17
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 28 2017, 11:02 PM) *
I think I had about 9 entrants for mine until the last couple of days, I guess people tend to mull over their answers for NMTBJs a lot as they usually require multiple listens. So I'm sure this will have a good turnout in the end. It better do anyway... come on guys, get entering - this is a fab round!

Yeh that's true actually, I know I also unintentionally leave stuff like this until the last day. kink.gif

I just want as many people to enter as possible!

+Quote Post
Capybréra
post Jan 28 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #18
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I will be entering this!! Just probably at literally 1 minute before the deadline. kink.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jan 29 2017, 01:59 PM
Post #19
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

Typically I leave the Lounge games as I always forget or miss when the results are on but I thought why not after I got the reminder. It's been great fun just listening to the clips and reminded me to listen some great songs that aren't always at the front of my mind! Think I have 19 with a couple of guesses of the artist too so I'm hopeful!

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jan 29 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #20
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jan 29 2017, 01:59 PM) *
Typically I leave the Lounge games as I always forget or miss when the results are on but I thought why not after I got the reminder. It's been great fun just listening to the clips and reminded me to listen some great songs that aren't always at the front of my mind! Think I have 19 with a couple of guesses of the artist too so I'm hopeful!

Oh yey, glad to hear you've rediscovered some songs!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 10:41 AM