BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Women's March 2017, girls just wanna have fundamental rights
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
l♀tita
post Jan 24 2017, 10:02 AM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

YES I'M A FEW DAYS LATE IN MAKING THIS

On the 21st of January over 700 marches took place in over 30 countries to protest against the inauguration of Donald Trump and also to protest for many rights, such as equality, freedom of religion, freedom of your own body, LGBT rights and so forth. The Washington march itself had a larger attendance than the inauguration of Trump himself, and I think I remember seeing it is the largest protest for a presidential inauguration in history (whether that's just the US or worldwide I can't confirm rn, someone let me know!)

Photos and videos from this protest are INCREDIBLE (this buzzfeed article has so many of the brilliant signs, it was hard to choose which one to post here laugh.gif). All the funny ones aside, it is absolutely amazing to see THE FUTURE GENERATION still having hope for the future and that things can change!

Of course all isn't great, there has been a small negative reaction to this from the usual "meninist" subjects **cough cough piers morgan** . What I find saddening though is DESPITE this huge protest, obviously the next day we saw executive orders from Trump limiting the Obamacare act and also reducing funds towards abortions...

So what do you all think? A brilliant display of people power, or was this protest ultimately useless?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Jan 24 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #2
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

I think it was absolutely amazing to see so many woman come together to protest. I know that there was men there too but it mainly showed the strength of girl power wub.gif I'm not sure it's going to change anything because it is trump after all, but regardless we should all be very proud of the turnout and the change we are trying to make

+Quote Post
Joe.
post Jan 24 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Loved it, it made me feel proud of all the women (and men) coming together and showed that there was hope after Trump.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 24 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Some of the signs being held for this were brilliant *.*

It really made me smile to see so many females (and also men) coming together and standing up for what they believe in. I don't think it was useless at all when it's always important for society to talk about issues - and this was heavily being talked about. Perhaps there was no direct change but there were huge numbers turning up and getting their voices heard. Girl power x

+Quote Post
Tippin Virginia
post Jan 24 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #5
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I loved this but it also made me sad that women have to live under the shadow of alt right sexism, with them printing t-shirts such as ''this shirt won't iron itself' in response to the protests :// , which is vile, and a president accused of multiple sexual assaults/ clearly sexist, rather than having a first US woman president. Now the question is once again WHEN or even IF rather than a concrete possibility.

+Quote Post
LexC♀
post Jan 24 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #6
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

According to all reports, the reporting around it as a comparison to the the inauguration day crowds made Trump 'visibly distressed' so I'm inclined to think this is an unqualified success.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Jan 24 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

The pictures and signs were brilliant.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 24 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #8
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I absolutely love that these crowds completely dwarfed Trump's inaugaration crowds, just because it isn't going to make an immediate change doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. It is so important in times like these, brimming with hate, oppression and uncertainty, for women and men, the young and the old, everyone with human decency really, to come together and show that there is unity against the Republican government and their horrendous views. It really is saddening that Trump just goes straight on to sign that abortion funding law :/ It's not even just not funding abortion, he is preventing US funding being given to any organisation who uses THEIR OWN MONEY to fund, lobby for or promote abortion. He claims to be "standing up for all Americans including the unborn" but I fail to see how this is standing up for women at all...

I think Tomi Lahren has my fave Republican reaction to this, stating that "all women do is whine and moan" when she has literally made her name by hypocritically whining about milennials throwing their toys out of the pram over Trump, when she throws her toys out of the pram the second actual real women with morals and a heart and even half a brain protest against her darling asshat Trump. It is just SO satisfying to see them antsy over people using their voices laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tippin Virginia
post Jan 24 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #9
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LexC @ Jan 24 2017, 05:57 PM) *
According to all reports, the reporting around it as a comparison to the the inauguration day crowds made Trump 'visibly distressed' so I'm inclined to think this is an unqualified success.

That is AMAZING!!!

That will SURELY DENT that huuge ego from his narcissistic personality disorder!!

He's a reality tv star - all he cares about are ratings and size anyway.

+Quote Post
Cody S. Berry
post Jan 24 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #10
Heather Morris deserved better
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

(I wish I was able to go to the LA march sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif)

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 24 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #11
baby, there's nothing holdin' me back
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

This is great. Really puts hope in me, the fact that younger generations are uniting against all this negativity in the world and gives me faith that there is a bright future ahead of me. Ultimately, this makes no difference to the current problems in the world, although it is totally heartwarming to see a fight against it and see people of a similar age to myself with smiles on their faces biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Taylor Jago
post Jan 24 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #12
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

It was fantastic to see so many people standing up together to Trump, men and women alike.$

What annoyed me later was the POTUS's response of "Why didn't these people vote?". How on earth are you able to tell whether these people voted or not?

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jan 25 2017, 03:06 AM
Post #13
Driving with my eyes closed
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(Taylor Jago @ Jan 24 2017, 03:20 PM) *
What annoyed me later was the POTUS's response of "Why didn't these people vote?". How on earth are you able to tell whether these people voted or not?
Exactly. And chances are they did vote, considering--since he constantly needs reminded--Trump lost the popular vote :')

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Jan 25 2017, 04:55 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

seeing the photos and the sheer # of people who attended (i think it's the single most attended one day protest in us history) honestly made me cry and with the barrage of bad news that has come since it at least gives me hope that resistance is alive and well and will continue

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2017 - 06:14 AM